Burnley sit top of our Season Ticker for the next ten Gameweeks, with their first fixture after the international break kicking off a run of matches in which they meet only one of the ‘big six’ (a far from watertight Chelsea side) between now and the end of November.
Those Fantasy managers who place a lot of emphasis on favourable fixture runs will, therefore, be surely considering a move for a Burnley asset or two ahead of Gameweek 5.
Sean Dyche’s troops have had a tricky start to the campaign but haven’t disgraced themselves so far, following up a 3-0 win over Southampton with a battling defeat at Arsenal and then a 1-1 draw with Wolves – a game they really should have had won before Raul Jimenez‘s (£7.4m) last-gasp penalty.
The Clarets were outclassed against Liverpool in Gameweek 4 but the Reds and Manchester City are already starting to pull clear of the chasing pack and again look to be in a class of their own following their dominance in 2018/19.
There is plenty of encouragement for Fantasy managers, then, particularly as Burnley are free of the Europa League commitments that plagued them at the start of last season.
The Clarets’ form had picked up at the back-end of 2018/19 with Dyche going back to basics with a settled side and a 4-4-2, an approach he has carried into this campaign.
Our Members’ article below looks at who the stand-out Burnley performers have been this season, asking whether Ashley Barnes‘ (£6.7m) form can continue and whether Dyche’s side can keep a handful of clean sheets over the coming months.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.