We’re halfway through the first international break of the season and things are starting to get ugly.
There’s only so much tinkering we can do. Players will get injured. Prices might drop.
Whisper it, but it’s around about now that real-life threatens to fill the Fantasy void.
Help, however, is at hand from FanTeam‘s €100,000 Champions League Event – the world’s largest Champions League Fantasy tournament.
This season’s competition kicks off on Tuesday, September 17, and FanTeam are offering a guaranteed €100,000 prize pot regardless of the number of entries.
The winner will take home an eye-watering €20,000, pay-outs extend all the way through the top 600 and there will be weekly prizes to sweeten the deal as well.
The beauty of FanTeam‘s event is its similarity to Fantasy Premier League.
There’s the same £100m transfer budget, the familiar 15-man squad and the standard three-player maximum from each team.
And the scoring system, with a few slight tweaks, is virtually identical.
So it’s incredibly easy to pick up and play.
But FanTeam‘s competition does have a few modifications to stir the interest of even the most jaded of FPL managers.
Each Gameweek deadline is just ten seconds before kick-off, so there’s plenty of time to finalise your side long after the teamsheets are announced.
The curse of being £0.1m short of making the perfect transfer could be lifted with the news that a player’s selling price remains the same as their buying one – regardless of in-game rises or falls in value.
And talking of transfers, you get two free ones every Gameweek and they can roll over to a maximum of four if you’ve got the nerve and the patience.
FanTeam‘s €100,000 Champions League Event will run for the six rounds of the tournament’s group stages, with €500 going to each Gameweek’s best manager and a massive €1,000 up for grabs for the highest Gameweek score of the competition.
All that for an entry fee of just €25, with a maximum of 20 teams allowed per user.
To sign up, click here.
While you’re there, you can also check out the finer details of the contest, including the complete scoring breakdown and the full prize fund on offer.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.