As expected, Sadio Mané (£11.5m) has been named on the bench for Liverpool’s opening Premier League match of the season.
The Senegalese international missed all of the club’s pre-season friendly campaign and was always a doubt to be involved against Norwich.
Jurgen Klopp did not appear too fazed by not being able to include Mané in the starting XI.
As had been predicted, Divock Origi (£5.5m) starts on the left flank of the forward line in the 4-3-3 system.
“I’m happy with how it is now. It’s not about me it’s about the players. If the player
aren’tavailable or fit they are the things we have to deal with.” – Jurgen Klopp
The Belgian features alongside Roberto Firmino (£9.5m) in a central role while Mohamed Salah (£12.5m), the winner of the Gameweek 1 captain poll, is on the right flank.
There was keen interest in Liverpool’s defence over the summer and all three key individuals find themselves in the starting XI.
Andrew Robertson (£7.0m) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.0m) are on the left and right flanks of the back-four, with Virgil van Dijk (£6.5m) in the middle.
Paired with the Dutchman at centre-back is Joe Gomez (£5.5m), which comes as welcome news to those invested in Alexander-Arnold.
After the Englishman replaced his compatriot around the hour mark in the Community Shield final, with Joel Matip (£5.5m) starting that match at centre-back, there had been some concern over Alexander-Arnold’s role.
However, a home match against newly-promoted opposition was clearly seen as a different prospect to Manchester City at Wembley by Klopp, who clearly favours playing the more attacking full-back in this one.
Norwich line up in the 4-2-3-1 formation that Daniel Farke was so fond of on his way to securing the Championship title last season.
There was only one change to our predicted line-up provided by team news correspondent Neale Rigg.
Todd Cantwell (£4.5m) has been handed a start on the left side of attacking midfield, alongside Marco Stiepermann (£6.0m) and Emi Buendía (£6.0m).
That means Onel Hernandez (£5.5m) taking up a spot on the bench.
As expected, Grant Hanley (£4.0m) starts at centre-back alongside Ben Godfrey (£4.5m) with Timm Klose (£4.5m) and Christoph Zimmermann (£4.5m) injured.
Liverpool XI (4-3-3): Alisson; Robertson, van Dijk, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold; Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho; Origi, Firmino, Salah.
Substitutes: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Mané, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Matip.
Norwich XI (4-2-3-1): Krul; Lewis, Godfrey, Hanley, Aarons; McLean, Trybull; Cantwell, Stiepermann, Buendía; Pukki.
Substitutes: Fahrmann, Byram, Roberts, Vrancic, Leitner, O Hernandez, Drmic
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.