Fantasy managers who sign up as a Member to our website get access to a huge array of player and team statistics.
Among the underlying stats on offer is expected goal (xG) data, which many will be familiar with already.
For the uninitiated, xG is the measure of a quality of a chance based on criteria such as proximity of goal and angle of attempt.
For example, a shot from inside the six-yard box will carry a higher xG than a speculative effort from 35 yards.
Along the same lines, expected assist (xA) data calculates the quality of chance being created.
Expected goal data doesn’t predict when goals will be scored and isn’t a crystal ball for the future – rather, it is a measure of chances created in the past.
Nevertheless, many find xG data useful.
Fantasy managers can use the information to see which players are consistently being presented with – or providing – high-quality opportunities, which in turn can be helpful when making future team selections.
The rest of this article will be dedicated to looking at the xG data available in our Members’ Area, drawing attention to the players who have had significant expected goal involvement in 2019/20 so far and those who are under/overachieving based on their actual output.
Below are some of the most commonly used expected goal categories in our Members’ Area and the players featuring prominently in the respective tables.
While four matches is a small sample size, some familiar names are already leading the way.
All prices given in the tables and in the copy were correct at the time of writing (Friday).
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.