It is a weekly Fantasy game that allows managers to select dream teams for each weekend in the hope of winning big.
In Gameweek 4, 333 Fantasy managers received payouts with the winner receiving €4,638.34.
The Gameweek 5 tournament begins at 15:00 BST and has a limit of 2,777 teams, so you’ll have to hurry to submit yours.
Thankfully, there are some similarities between the way FPL and FanTeam’s weekly €50,000 Monster are played and scored.
In this version of the game, you build a squad of 11 players chosen from nine Premier League matches chosen for the tournament (Liverpool vs Newcastle is absent this weekend).
You have a budget of £100m to spend on this squad, although the player prices are slightly different to FPL in that they are specific to the Gameweek in question
There is also no limit on how many players you can have from each team, so you could chock it full of Manchester City options if you wanted – as long as you stick to your budget!
You should also be careful how many defenders you pick from the same team too.
There is a new rule for the €50,000 Monster tournament that introduces a stacking penalty if your defenders or goalkeeper from the same club all keep a clean sheet.
The penalty will increase by one point for each additional such player. So, if you have five defensive players from the same club, they will get penalties of 0, -1, -2, -3, -3 as minus three is the maximum.
That’s a total of minus nine points in this example, but only if they keep a clean sheet, which in itself earns them 20 points. So they get 11 points net, instead of the 20 points, they would get if there was no stacking penalty.
This penalty does not apply to a defender or goalkeeper if you handed them the captaincy.
Just like in FPL, the captain earns your team double points, as does your vice-captain if your first-choice skipper does not play.
You can make unlimited transfers and changes to your team until the first matches on Saturday.
€50,000 Monster Gameweek 5 matches
- 15:00 Saturday: Tottenham – Crystal Palace
- 15:00 Saturday: Sheffield United – Southampton
- 15:00 Saturday: Wolverhampton – Chelseas
- 15:00 Saturday: Manchester United – Leicester
- 15:00 Saturday: Brighton – Burnley
- 17:30 Saturday: Norwich – Manchester City
- 14:00 Sunday: Bournemouth – Everton
- 16:30 Sunday: Watford – Arsenal
- 20:00 Monday: Aston Villa – West Ham
How does the scoring work?
How do I sign up?
Rookie PL Freeroll
FanTeam is giving away free tickets to play the Premier League weekend matches, with similar rules to the weekly Monster.
There is a prize poll of €200. All users registered after August 1 received a ticket – so make sure you use it.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.