Liverpool and Manchester City options look to be the key players in the Gameweek 30 captaincy debate.
Both sides face crucial home fixtures in the Premier League title race and some of their key players have a strong case for the armband.
The Captain Sensible article is here once again to analyse the data of these assets in plenty of detail, as well as the attacking statistics of their teams and defensive capabilities of their opponents.
In one of the closest calls of the season, it’s been neck-and-neck between Mohamed Salah (£13.4m) and Sergio Aguero (£11.8m) all week in the captain poll. The Egyptian took the lead on Monday but by late Tuesday, the Manchester City man had overtaken him.
At the time of writing, Salah is back on top but not by much. Ahead of Burnley’s trip to Anfield, he has the backing of 28.7% while Aguero has 28.67%.
The secondary options from both clubs are also in the top five with Raheem Sterling (£11.4m) garnering 10% support and Sadio Mané (£9.8m) on 4%.
Jamie Vardy (£8.9m) is the only member of the top five not to play for Liverpool or Manchester City. With Leicester hosting Fulham on Saturday afternoon, the forward has the backing of 4.5% in the vote.
The differential options for Gameweek 30 include some important candidates from previous rounds of fixtures. Paul Pogba (£9.0m) is the best of the rest with 2.3% while Harry Kane (£12.4m) has 1.87% support.
Wilfried Zaha (£6.8m), Eden Hazard (£10.8m) and Patrick van Aanholt (£5.4m) and Michy Batshuayi (£6.5m) are the only other options with more than 1% backing.
Player statistics – Last four Gameweeks
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.