Eden Hazard‘s move to Real Madrid brings to an end the Belgian’s seven-year stay at Stamford Bridge and his prolonged stint as a premium midfield option in Fantasy Premier League.
Chelsea’s number ten may have frustrated Fantasy managers on the odd occasion but he has been a talismanic figure for the Blues and a serial plunderer of FPL points, having registered 85 goals and 66 assists in the Premier League since his debut in August 2012.
A total of 238 points in 2018/19 represented his best ever single-season haul, with only Mohamed Salah having recorded more in the campaign just gone.
The questions now are where does that leave Chelsea and how appealing are their other Fantasy options in 2019/20 as a result?
The Blues are in unfamiliar territory as they haven’t had to cope without Hazard for an extended period during his time in west London, with the Belgian having avoided serious injury and made 31 or more Premier League appearances in each of his seven seasons with Chelsea.
The Belgian’s longest spell on the sidelines was for four top-flight matches in 2015/16.
In the season just gone, Hazard missed only one league game – the 4-0 win over Burnley in October – and featured as a substitute in a further five fixtures.
Members can read on for further analysis.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.