Sergio Aguero (£12.2m) has finally fallen foul of Pep Guardiola’s rotation policy once again as he finds himself on the bench in Gameweek 7, for the first time since the opening weekend.
Following a midweek rest, the Manchester City manager has chosen not to use the Argentinian striker in the starting XI for the second match in a row in all competitions.
That will come as a deep frustration to the 1,000,000+ managers who handed Aguero the captaincy for Gameweek 7.
Only Mohamed Salah (£12.5m), who blanked in Liverpool’s win over Sheffield United was captained by more this weekend.
Taking Aguero’s place up-front is Gabriel Jesus (£9.5m) who played against Preston on Wednesday night.
The decision to bench Aguero after a midweek rest is perhaps a sobring reminder of the fact that Guardiola remains a manager who FPL bosses cannot always apply logic too.
Meanwhile, Raheem Sterling (£12.1m) returns to the Manchester City starting line-up after missing the 8-0 demolition of Watford last week.
He flanks Jesus with Riyad Mahrez (£8.5m) who, despite playing just 308 minutes in the league this season, still has one goal and five assists to his name.
Bernardo Silva (£7.8m) drops out of the starting XI to make way for the Algerian but Kevin de Bruyne (£9.9m) retains his starting berth.
The defence lines up as predicted with Oleksandr Zinchenko (£5.5m) and Kyle Walker (£6.0m) flanking Nicolas Otamendi (£5.5m) and Fernandinho (£5.3m).
Marco Silva makes two changes to the team that lost 2-0 at home to Sheffield United in Gameweek 6.
Theo Walcott (£6.3m) comes in for Bernard (£6.5m), who is absent with illness, on the flanks of attacking midfield while Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£5.8m) replaces Moise Kean (£6.6m) up-front.
Everton XI: Pickford; Digne, Mina, Keane, Coleman; Delph, Schneiderlin; Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Walcott; Calvert-Lewin.
Manchester City XI: Ederson; Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Walker; Gündogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.