We take a look at the Fantasy Premier League defenders who are exhibiting the biggest attacking threat in our latest Members article.
Clean sheets are still proving hard to come by in 2019/20, particularly if Fantasy managers have stuck with the best-performing defences of last season.
We’re actually only three shut-outs down from the same stage last year (44 v 41) but the meanest backlines of 2018/19 haven’t fully convinced in the first two months of this campaign.
Liverpool and Manchester City had already recorded five clean sheets apiece this time 12 months ago but have kept only five between them this season.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur had seven shut-outs combined after Gameweek 8 of 2018/19; this time around, they have managed only one each.
Everton, who were keeping clean sheets for fun at the back-end of last season, are now without a shut-out to their name in six Gameweeks.
Clean sheets are just one route to points, of course, and we Fantasy managers love an FPL defender who can pick up the odd attacking return at the other end of the pitch.
With shut-outs difficult to come by, perhaps it makes more sense than ever to look at what our defenders are offering offensively.
With that in mind, we will study our Members’ Area data to pinpoint the defenders who have demonstrated goal and assist potential in Gameweeks 1 to 8.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.