Fantasy Premier League managers are faced with another tough captaincy decision as Gameweek 12 creeps up on us.
You can now vote in the latest poll (below or in the sidebar), while Joe and David have published a captaincy video on our YouTube channel.
With yet another Friday Night Deadline reducing the turnaround time this week, Manchester City and Liverpool options have largely been taken off the table for the captaincy.
That’s because the two title-hopefuls meet at Anfield on Sunday afternoon and such clashes can often be very off-putting to Fantasy managers.
Manchester City have had some defensive wobbles this season but remain joint-top for clean sheets in the Premier League thus far, level with Sheffield United on five.
Meanwhile, Liverpool are top of the league for points won at home in 2019/20, having won all five matches at Anfield thus far.
Something may have to give there, but predicting would be quite difficult.
Conversely, Liverpool are still yet to record a clean sheet in front of their own fans this season which could leave Manchester City with plenty of chances to break them down.
However, Raheem Sterling (£12.1m) and Kevin de Bruyne (£10.2m) have both blanked in two of their last five Premier League outings… so can they be trusted in a tough to call fixture?
These questions will be running through a few minds, but we expect most of the Fantasy community to look beyond Anfield this weekend.
The ongoing scoring form of Jamie Vardy (£9.4m) is sure to attract plenty of attention.
He has 18 goals in the 20 Premier League matches since Brendan Rodgers took over at Leicester and has blanked just once since Gameweek 7.
This weekend he and his colleagues play host to an Arsenal side that is not exactly in a good place right now.
Amid rifts between the supporters, the manager and his chosen captain Granit Xhaka (£5.2m), now is a good time to face the Gunners.
Vardy himself loves playing Arsenal, scoring eight goals in his last eight league starts against them.
Some Fantasy managers are turning to Chelsea for Gameweek 12 as they welcome Crystal Palace to Stamford Bridge.
Tammy Abraham (£7.9m) is likely to be the most captained Chelsea option after his 12-point score in Gameweek 11.
However, it will be interesting to see how many will be put off by his superior record away from home this season.
Abraham has 11 attacking returns so far this season but only two of them have been registered at Stamford Bridge.
That said, it must be said that the former Aston Villa loanee has been somewhat unfortunate in front of his own fans so far.
Raúl Jiménez (£7.2m) has also been tipped as an outside bet for the Gameweek 12 captaincy.
The Mexican international has four attacking returns in as many Premier League appearances, while Aston Villa come to Molineux having proved rather obliging at the back this season.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 11
- Bournemouth 1-0 Manchester United
- Arsenal 1-1 Wolves
- Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
- Brighton 2-0 Norwich
- Manchester City 2-1 Southampton
- Sheffield United 3-0 Burnley
- West Ham United 2-3 Newcastle United
- Watford 1-2 Chelsea
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester City
- Everton 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Become a Member and access our data
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.