Pro Pundits - Az

The dangers of taking hits to chase points in FPL

“It is by testing our ideas, subjecting them to failure, that we set the stage for growth.” – Matthew Syed, Black Box Thinking

Another Gameweek passes in the Fantasy Premier League, and it’s another hit for my team.

Greyhead’s constant nods to my transfer dealings in his ‘Great and the Good‘ series keeps reminding me of my aggressive approach to this season.

Using this article as a chance to reflect on my hits, it’s quite grim reading on first glance.

A -4 to bring in Dani Ceballos (£5.3m) in Gameweek 4 was a disaster. My second hit of the season involved me chasing the points of Kevin de Bruyne (£10.2m) who was promptly benched and scored 1 point.

I managed to resist the urge for further hits until Gameweek 10, where I again took a hit to dump the underperforming Riyad Mahrez (£8.3m) for KDB… who managed just a single assist.

In Gameweek 11, another hit, as Mason Mount (£6.8m) left my team for Callum Hudson-Odoi (£5.7m), to fund a move for Jamie Vardy (£9.7m).

My most recent hit involved taking out Ricardo Pereira (£6.4m) and Hudson-Odoi for Çaglar Söyüncü (£5.0m) and James Maddison (£7.6m). It’s quite painful to see just how much the carousel has been spinning.

Hudson-Odoi has been one of a few ill-fated punts in my team this season

What’s interesting (well for me anyway!) is how I’ve been going about making the hits.

My latest was the third time I’ve made a so-called ‘sideways’ move.

To fund de Bruyne initially, I downgraded Virgil van Dijk (£6.4m) for fellow Liverpool player Joel Matip (£5.3m). After selling him for an ill-fated fling with Mahrez, I lost Mount for teammate Hudson-Odoi.

To then upgrade Hudson-Odoi, I lost Pereira for Söyüncü.

To finally board the Vardy party, I even managed to swap Nicolas Otamendi (£5.2m), a non-playing defender, for Martin Kelly (£4.1m)… another non-playing defender.

On the whole, I think these were the right moves for my team, but in some ways, these hits felt like trading two players for one.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all but my latest hit have got me big fat red arrows.

Looking back on these moves, it’s also made me realise that I’ve been putting too much money in defence this season.

Out of the three hits I’ve just mentioned, they all involved downgrading a defender. This is despite a normal strategy of mine being to avoid paying a premium price for defenders unless they are playing at Wing Back or have set pieces in their locker.

Alonso, when playing regularly, is a premium option I am willing to pay for

I’ve never been afraid of making a hit, and I recently watched the brilliant Meet the Manager video with Joe and Mark, where Mark talks about his own strategy.

His fear of being £0.1m or £0.2m off transfers further down the line fuels his aggression, making him more likely to take hits, and also make earlier transfers.

My most recent hit didn’t pay off this week but it’s already helped improve my team value.

Hudson-Odoi has dropped twice, while both Söyüncü and Maddison have gone up £0.2m each.

That’s a massive swing – and my team is in better shape for it.

Just because people are saying I’m taking too many hits doesn’t mean I’m likely to slow down any time soon…!

And in true Black Box style, my hits are often correcting my mistakes, such as bringing in Hudson-Odoi, who I do feel I was a little unlucky with, damn you Christian Pulisic!

Pulisic’s burst into the team has closed down Hudson-Odoi as an option

In fact, this season would probably be even worse for me if I hadn’t set about correcting mistakes in my own team.

Losing de Bruyne on the Wildcard for Mahrez was rash. It cost me four points to bring him back, but he delivered this week with a goal against Chelsea.

Not leaving an extra £0.1m in the bank for Vardy was idiotic, but my -4 to bring him in and ship Callum Wilson (£7.7m) a few weeks ago has more than paid for itself.

I have no doubt that the upgrade of Hudson-Odoi to Maddison will reap rewards soon too. He is my boy after all – despite his questionable taste in backpacks.

As people around me are getting itchy feet with players like Anthony Martial (£7.8m), Mount, and Raheem Sterling (£12.0m) – I feel like I may finally be in a pretty strong position as we head into Christmas.

I’m banking the transfer this week, and then, barring a change in Arsenal manager or a monster haul, I’ll be looking at getting rid of Pierre- Emerick Aubameyang (£11.0m) and FINALLY bringing in the man they call Lord John Lundstram (£4.9m).

Yes, you read that right. I’m planning on losing last years golden boot winner to fund a move for a £4.0m defender… what a season this is.

So, while I do not have any hits planned in the near future, it seems inevitable that I will succumb to my cravings. When I do, let’s hope it comes from a position of strength, rather than to correct yet another mistake.

My Gameweek 14 bus team

Become a Member and access our data

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

Az Follow me on Twitter : @ffscout_az” Follow him on Twitter

1. Boris Bodega: Holly's …

Anything worth a hit?

Gazza - (McGovern)
    TAA - Periera - Lundstram - (Rico - Willems)
    KDB - Mané - Maddison - Pulisic - (Guendouzi)
    Vardy (C) - Jimenez - Abraham

I have £1.6m to play with, thinking of KDB to Son? But feels very sideways.

1. The Units

Save as g2g

2. Christina.

have to get Son somehow.

Maddi/Pereirra->Son/Soy?

1. The Units

Not for -8

2. Boris Bodega: Holly's …

Yeah but for a -8? 😮

1. Christina.

obv not. but in future yes.

1. Boris Bodega: Holly's …

TBH I was sort of considering doing TAA & Maddison to Chilwell and Son for -8.
            But then I came to my senses 😉

2. DOGS

Have Aurier, TAA, Rico, Lund,
    Best defender. 5.4m budget?

a- Soy
    b- Tomori
    c - other?

1. Tshelby

2. Fulchester's New Centr…

Still A

3. The Units

4. Obamawang

3. Reacting to good and bad decisions
    andy85wsm

This article and my recent transfers got me thinking - how do you react to both good and bad decisions?

Are you more likely to use a similar strategy if things go right, and ignore a strategy if it goes wrong.

For me I've made the "value" play a few times. Removing a expensive + cheaper option to players who are more a middle of the road price.

For example I took out Sterling and two cheap strikers to fund Jimenez and Vardy recently. That worked out, but in previous years it hasn't. I once took out Lukaku before he got points in the following game weeks, I took out Salah and Son last year and that backfired massively.

For my own reaction I tend to try and look at whether the move was logical but it's not always easy when things have gone wrong.

I often see people take hits, get red arrows and then decide they don't want to take hits any more and vice versa.

How do you react to good and bad decisions in terms of future strategy?

1. The Overthinker - I blame R…

I take a hit. If it turns out good move, i take another hit the following week to solve another problem.

I take a hit. If it doesn't turn out to be a good move, i take another hit the following Gameweek to improve my team

1. Twitter: @Ze_Austin

*fistbumps*

1. The Overthinker - I blame R…

Yo.

To many more hits

1. Twitter: @Ze_Austin

Long live the points

It's fun though 🙂

2. The Overthinker - I blame R…

Just kidding 😀

My last 4 hits have been for

Gw 10
        King,son ---> Vardy , cho

Vardy turned out to be a great love, but boy cho gave me just 1 point in 4 gw.

Gw11
        Otamendi,cantwell ---> mendy,james

Mendy again was a bad move, but James a good one

Gw13
        Sterling,Hanley ---> mane,Evans

This turned out to give instant return and will give me returns in near future too. I basically got in 2 players for 1

Gw14
        Cho, Aubameyang ---> son, Jimenez

Another long term move. Both nailed. Important for their team. And feels like getting in 2 for 1 player

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

I take hits because I'm depressed and I'm depressed because I take hits

4. RECKLESS

Jeez, considering you are hovering around 2million, hits surely arent way to go. I would say hits is only when you bringing player you will captain, else its just to keep us entertained in the game

1. The Overthinker - I blame R…

The Hits I've taken have had more of positive impact than negative.

8/10 hits was the right thing to do.

Re rank, most of it goes to holding on to Sterling meanwhile mane kept scoring.

1. RECKLESS

Its mainly because you brought defenders from horrible defences for cheap. If you going 3 at back, least you should be doing is getting some top 6 team defenders. Also buying over priced 10mn+ player from top 6 team when at similar price you get player from title chasing team. Most of this is plain simple mistakes that can be avoided

1. The Overthinker - I blame R…

Agree with this.

Was pretty stubborn with Sterling. That hurt me. Also Otamendi/Mendy.

Anyways, now i think i am.getting there. Team looks in a great shape, 3 greens in last 4.

1. RECKLESS

Good luck mate. In future always remember to get as much premium players from title contenders and value players from top 4 chasers like pulisic, martial, abraham, madison instead of auba/kane etc

2. Boris Bodega: Holly's …

Experienced players should know to wipe the slate clean and review their team from a fresh perspective. Panicking and shipping players who have good underlying stats but aren't hitting the numbers can end up costing your team a lot of missed points.
      Taking hits to take advantage of a points haul opportunity isn't a bad strategy at all, but taking hits because you're scared you might miss out on value is a huge nono for me.

1. The Units

It's all about the points.

2. theodosios

Underlying stats won't bring you points.Keeping a player who has blank after blank after blank just because of his underlying stats is nonsense.For example, you have Kane who likes to shoot whenever he can.If he got 6-7 shots every game, and half of those shots finish in crowd, then underlying stats are useless.

1. AuFeld

What are the best attributes to consider when you're looking at a player to return points?

3. andy85wsm

I think this is key for me, there's no point dwelling on what's already happened.

If you've missed out on points for a player that doesn't make them a bad pick if you think they're going to continue to score points.

I think that's a big one with Vardy right now for example.

You could easily look at him and decide that he's not going to continue this run because he's "due" a blank. But he has the fixtures and Leicester looking great right now.

3. Warby84

I very rarely save a free transfer, normally always making 1 move per week and is slowly paying off

4. The Bad Seed

learning from past mistakes and modifying your approach based on current givens is the key to success.

blindly applying past ideas that worked, or dodging past ideas that didn't, without considering the current givens, is the key to failure.

1. RECKLESS

I learned my 2 imp lessons from last season and it continued to help even now..Never get a premium Arsenal player. Never transfer out Salah if he is playing a small side

5. mikeycee93

I don't have a strategy, I just do what I think is right - one thing i have learned though is to jump on and off band wagons quick so you don't get left behind, my team value is up like 105.6 and i'm sitting 4k overall...

I took an 8 point hit earlier in the season (GW7) to do wickham > abraham, martial > grealish & Pukki > Vardy

I got Vardy at 8.9 and he's now worth 9.7

I finally took out Sterling at the weekened past and was instantly rewarded with Son getting 13points.

I use the fixture ranker a lot to help gauge who i will bring in, but if a player is in bad form get rid and if he's in good and you don't have him, get him.

i'm really considering taking palace boys for upcoming fixtures - most likely the keeper once pope has played this weekend.

6. jia you jia you

When it proves a good decision I have a few beers to celebrate and hope to do the same the following week.
      If it turns out bad, I have a few beers with a rage transfer chaser and all's great in the world again.

7. Twitter: @Ze_Austin

It's been a wild, fast-paced season

It's come to a point where I don't go beyond "last two matches/game weeks" when reading data in the members' area because Premier League teams are adapting so quickly that blatantly clear data from four GWs ago could change over the international break... Since everyone has analysts in their coaching staff nowadays... I think

The best "long-term" team of GW12 is not the best long-term team of GW14, and it will be the case again by GW16

For instance, I have a hunch that TAA would leave the template soon. Sterling's already flying away. Who would have seen that coming with Sane injured?

I don't consider myself lucky. I constantly remind myself that any 50:50 decision I make can be wrong, so I'm willing to accept I was wrong early enough and adapt based on best available recent data

GW5 was my biggest red arrow, from 75k to 309k. I'm back around 76k now... Not sure how long that would last

-12 to fix my bench. Not sure if this can possibly end well, but it's fun now anyway

8. DantheManinaPan

I think an important thing to note here is the definition of a good decision.

A good decision is one where, if you made the same decision 1000 times, it would have a net positive effect.

Variance means that often a good decision gives a bad result, and a bad decision gives a good result. This of course makes it very hard to evaluate accurately whether you've made a good move.

Personally, I definitely have a habit of being "too patient" - I've kept Salah + Sterling all the way until now which has really cost me. I've finally pulled my wildcard now though to try and get some sort of fresh start.

9. asquishypotato

I look at it two ways - was the logic behind the initial transfer out sound, and the logic behind the transfers in sound?

I took Salah out a fair few weeks ago - he’s not returned scary points since. Good logic.

Used that money to bring in Son and Aubamayang - mixed, as Spurs went off the boil. Arsenal had great fixtures but Aubameyang dried up. Good logic, unfortunate outcome.

Similar this week. Wildcard we - took out Villa players as I have no intention of playing them any time soon.

They returned good points, but am I worried? No. The reason out was fine, the reasons to transfer players in I will have to see how it turns out long term

1. andy85wsm

Logic is always handy to have that's for sure!

Do you ever find it difficult to think about the logic?

I've also taken Salah and Sterling out the last couple of weeks and it feels okay, but had they both hauled the gameweek I took them out it would have been harder.

1. ⓙⓚⓙⓚ

I ditched Salah when Liverpool started playing the 'big 6' clubs. Worked out well. Just ditched Sterling and KDB last week on a wildcard, mostly due to poor form. I wonder how different I'll feel if they haul or blank in the coming weeks.

2. The Bad Seed

I second that question.

Because bringing in Auba in such a state (REGARDLESS OF FIXTURES) seems bad logic to me, especially with the other banging options available.

10. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

No such things as good decisions and bad decisions, just good decisions and bad luck 😉

1. GARY AND JAMIE

I've seen plenty of bad decisions getting good luck in my ML...

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

Ah yes - for other people it is just all good luck - filthy casuals 😉

11. Chemical76

Keeping things simple...
      I find it useful to ask myself, "does this squad look right?"

This especially important for initial August selection and chip useage.

We can all get bogged down in choosing the trees but how's the forest looking?
      Can it withstand the storms ahead?

12. Kenneth Tang

The best strategy is to avoid bad decisions. But when I made them, I will try to forget it, forget the red arrow, forget the OR, forget the hits I took. Everything is the past, put the focus back on how to maximize the team in future. This is my 14th season, I have plenty of experience sitting outside 1M by gw6 or outside 300k by Christmas, but a good mentality always bring me up to top 10k or even top 1k at the end.

1. Corgzzzz

I am a massive fan of doing things logical. I am also a man who gambles and I like a punt.....both of which are illogical

1. Kenneth Tang

It's just a game, enjoy in your own way is the best strategy!

4. gelisiguzel

Repost

A or B?
    a) Button--> Henderson and play BB
    B) keep it and save FT

1.3ITB

Gazz
    Aurier, TAA, Chilwell
    Mane, KDB, Maddison, Martial
    Vardy, Jimmy, Abraham (C)

Subs: Button, Mount, Tomori, Lunds

1. The Units

B I reckon.

2. Fulchester's New Centr…

Maybe. DGWs never do what they are supposed to and this week does look like it could be a big one. On the other hand, if it does not pan out, you'll be kicking yourself in GW thirty whatever when we have the doubles and everyone else is boosting.

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Sorry, not much help.

5. claretparrot

Best Pieters replacement?

Will likely make the move next week as already have a benching headache.

1. claretparrot

Other defenders are:
      Soy, TAA, Tomori, Lund

2. The Units

Brandon William's or Reid.

1. claretparrot

Thanks. Don't fancy a non-player going into the busy fixture schedule, but Williams is worth considering

1. The Units

Or a SHU defender.

6. Public user

Tomori to Aurier -4 crazy ?

Both side can’t defend , Aurier the new Alonso ?

1. The Units

Yes it is

2. claretparrot

Seems premature. May not be long before Jose pins the fullbacks in to stop shipping goals

1. Public user

Spurs already shipping goals with 4 def , Jose should know what happen when he asked Aurier play like wingback role with 3 def at the back .

3. Obamawang

I wouldn't for a hit.

4. Public user

Noted , thanks

5. andy85wsm

It does feel a little crazy given Tomori is playing West Ham and if they get a clean sheet we could see him get some bonus as well.

Aurier has Man United away the week after as well.

7. Obamawang

A dilemma:

Mount to Pulisic, Alli or Moura? I already have Tammy but no Spurs. How nailed is Moura?

Thanks!

1. Weasel Boy

I'm thinking he is more nailed now than he was.

2. claretparrot

Tough one, but only because Alli has looked so good in his last 2 (including last night).

If you want to make the move this week, it has to be Pulisic as he's proven his worth over a longer period and they have a great fixture.

Not convinced by Moura yet at all

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

Started 2 out of 2 so far hasn't he?

4. OSanity

Maybe hold and wait to see Chelsea's lineups tonight and this weekend. Mount has already dropped .1, so if you bought him early you're probably safe for a bit to see how he plays. I still think he's Chelsea's most nailed attacker next to Abraham, and good value for the money.

5. Obamawang

Good points; thanks. I think I'll wait to see how Chelsea line up in Europe.

8. Weasel Boy

Surely Lucas an option now?

1. andy85wsm

Absolutely.

Lots of people looking at Mount to Pulisic, I'd fancy Mount to Moura as well.

9. Giggs Boson

Who would you rather have in your team, Kane or KDB?

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Kaaaaaaaane. City seem a bit off.

1. Weasel Boy

This.

There last few performances haven't been up to scratch

1. Giggs Boson

What's City's problem recently? They've gone to crap. I suppose losing Kompany, Laporte, Sane, and Silva ageing...

2. claretparrot

Not a fair comparison, but Kane right now if money were no object

3. Berbs

KDB.

Consistency, more points avenues and more captainable.

1. Giggs Boson

Good point about captaincy. Will have Son too.

4. andy85wsm

KDB for now.

I mean, I'd rather have Son than both of them I think 🙂

5. Public user

Kane , many manc players isn’t at their best now .

6. Tcheco

KDB right now.

He has never outscored Kane in fpl though.

7. GreennRed

Both. But Kane if I had a choice to make.

8. The Units

Yes Kane.

9. Giggs Boson

Thanks all.

10. Shaw must go on

kdb,city will always score more than spurs

10. IRBOX ⚽

Truly is the season of the casual!

1. Tcheco

We are the casuals.

2. The Units

I am not casual enough at the moment looking at my OR.

3. Cruyff's Eleven

If that's the case, then patience is the best strategy...

Casuals will drop off, and certainly don't plan for blank and double gameweek....

11. OSanity

Pope (Button)
    TAA - Soy - Lundstram (Rico - Lascelles)
    Mane - KDB - Maddison - Martial - Mount
    Abraham - Vardy (Connolly)
    1FT, 1.7ITB

I'm keen on moving Martial, I don't trust him nor United. Prove me wrong.

1) Martial and Maddison -> Son & Tielemans (-4). I still need to swap Lascelles and maybe Connolly to prep for Christmas period, so would use next week's transfer to swap Connolly -> Mousset barring price rises. Hence why I'd need to take the hit before Son rises.

2) Martial + Connolly -> Jimenez + Hayden/Fleck

3) Better plan?

Thanks!

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Keep Tony this week and do 1 for free next week?

1. OSanity

I was hoping to wait, but if Son, Tielemans or Mousset rise, I'll be priced out of the lineup I'm aiming for:

Pope (Button)
        TAA - Soy - Lund (*Cahill* Rico)
        Mane - KDB *Son* Mount- Tielemans
        Abraham - Vardy (*Mousset)

Will Connolly still be a good bench option who gets minutes over the Christmas period? Is Mousset or Ayew necessary instead?

I want a decent guaranteed playing defender over that period, so I cant find that for less than 4.4.

1. The Units

Brandon Williams?

1. OSanity

Is he going to be nailed with Young and Shaw looking over his shoulder though? He didn't look great against Sheffield

2. Fulchester's New Centr…

Charlie Taylor (still 4.2) could be your man.

As a pure bench option, I'd keep Connolly too as money is tight - started when fit over last couple of months (although hooked early a fair few times too).

1. OSanity

True, but double Burnley defence over a rough fixture run isn't ideal. As a 4.4 defender I was eyeing up Guilbert for when Villas fixtures improve if I'm priced out of Cahill. I'll keep Connolly if need be - I just prefer Mousset or Ayew for playing time right now!

12. Tshelby

Any conclusion made on the move kdb -> son ( and go without city players )?

1. Berbs

I'm very tempted. City's fixtures aren't great and they seem a little defeated. I'm tempted to go Alli over Son though.

1. Tshelby

Alli over Son? Always thought that Son was the go to guy for spurs in fpl.

Still it’s scary to play without any city players

1. Berbs

Just going off the 2 games under JM - Alli looks a great differential if you're chasing in MLs.

1. Tshelby

Thanks going to look into that. My current team has double pool defence and if I go without city players and Alli as differential it feels like a really risky move

2. GreennRed

Maybe a bit sideways. Depends on Alli, Moura, Kane returns affecting Son's FPL potential.

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

I'd say do it (cue Newcastle getting smashed and Spurs losing 1-0)

1. Tshelby

Yeah this is surely possible..

13. Little Red Lacazette

Bench 1.

A. Tomori
    B. Soy Sauce
    C. Lundstram

1. Tcheco

Thou shall never bench the unbencheable Lord.

A.

2. Tshelby

A for me

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

A. Leicester looking mean at the back and benching Lund could always backfire. West Ham look dire, but scoring goals not necessarily the problem.

4. theodosios

C

5. jimski

C is probably correct, but also the most scary option.

1. Cruyff's Eleven

Lundstram is not a defender. You play Lundstram, you're playing 353 for the price of a 343....

14. Berbs

A) KDB -> Son/Alli
    B) KDB, Mount -> Alli, Pulisic -4
    C) Tomori, KDB, Mount -> Ward, Son, Pulisic -8
    D) Save FT

1. Little Red Lacazette

D

2. theodosios

A) Son

Also my move this week

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

Just A - Alli could be a good one if you are feeling punty

1. Berbs

I'm chasing in my MLs so I don't think Son would make much sense - would prob have to go Alli!

4. ResultatFar

D!

5. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…

From your explanation - A with Alli

15. andre_c

I don't think there are any obvious transfers needed here. However, I do have 2 flagged players on my bench. Should I just hold?

Pope
    Soy, TAA, Lund
    Mane (VC), KDB, Mount, Tielemans
    Vardy (C), Tammy, Jimmy

Button, Rico, Cantwell, Janmaat

1FT, 2.7ITB

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Hold. I'd put Rico last sub though.

2. Riverside Red

I've virtually the same 15...thinking of dispatching Janmaat for Pools defender

1. andre_c

Yeah I’m thinking of that as well

16. Goonerly

Pope - Button
    VVD - Tomori - Lundstram - Soy - Fredericks
    Mané - KDB - Sterling - Tielemans - Mount
    Tammy - Vardy - Greenwood

2 FT. 0.1 ITB

Considering following moves:

A) Tomori + Tielemans OUT -> Robertson + Dendoncker IN
    B) Sterling + Tielemans OUT -> Salah + Perez
    C) Fredericks OUT -> Baldock IN & bank a FT
    Or any other moves I should be doing?

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

C. Plenty good enough for this week without changing 1st XI

a

18. Tcheco

Sterling needs to deliver in the next 2. Keeping the faith 🙁

1. Little Red Lacazette

I am.

2. The Units

GL really is time to move on

1. Tcheco

Was an easy transition to Mane 2 weeks ago but it will cost me a hit now. Not ready to bring Son in yet & I'm covered in terms of in form mids elsewhere. Sigh..

19. La vida FPL

Hey, think I need some help here. Please have a look and see if you have any suggestions.

Pope, Button
    VVD, Tomori, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Montoya
    Salah, Mane, Maddison, KDB, Saka
    Vardy, Abraham, Connolly

1FT, 0.0 ITB

A) Save
    B) Montoya > B.Williams
    C) Salah > Son
    D) Other?

1. ResultatFar

Save! Having both Mane and Salah can serve you well for the next few gws

1. The Units

This

2. JohnRoss

Double Liverpool mid could be gold but you can only captain one. Son for Salah and Jimi for Connolly could be better balanced I think but not for a hit

20. OSanity

21. Dr. Agabuse

What is this sideways remark?
    Its only sideways to get Zouma for Tomori or Diop for Fredericks but why would it be sideways to change an attacking player, especially from different teams!?

1. GreennRed

They'll probably get similar points so you'll not improve, stay same level.

22. CelticBhoy1

Mason Mount

Hold or sell?

1. theodosios

Hold

2. ElliotJHP

I may sell for Pulisic but hold for fixtures if not Chels I reckon

1. CelticBhoy1

Other players that I've been looking at under 7.1; Tielemans, Perez, Moura & Willian... but I still think Mount is the best option so going to stick

3. Wild Rover

Why would you waste a transfer selling someone who has W Ham at home? On set pieces v Roberto?

1. CelticBhoy1

Out of form and didn't start last game

1. Wild Rover

He's not out of form and he will start this week

4. Fulchester's New Centr…

Would like to have kept this week at least, but sold for Son before getting priced out.

23. ResultatFar

Shipping Richarlison out, but for who? I have 0.2 itb, so has to be a sub 8.1 midfielder - who would be your pick?

Already own Maddi and Martial in that pricebracket

1. Obamawang

Worth a punt on Moura? I'm toying with shipping Mount out for him.

1. ResultatFar

Not a bad shout. But also looking towards Chelsea as they have some tasty fixtures coming up

2. theodosios

8.1m sub mid??

1. ResultatFar

I meant below 8.1m mate, he will play every week

3. The Units

Grealish

4. Fulchester's New Centr…

If you already looking at Chelsea then there seems to be a pretty obvious answer.

1. ResultatFar

I'm just worried that he isn't nailed tbh

24. ElliotJHP

2FT, 0.3 ITB. Think it's either switch Sterling to Son or burn it? Could downgrade Cantwell but not sure it is worth it after the weekend.

Pope
    Trent Lund Soy Robertson
    Mane KDB Mount Sterling
    Abraham Vardy

Button Cantwell Rico Greenwood

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Be bold and lose Sterling. Or Cantwell down to a guaranteed 90 minute man if he is going to be nailed to the bench.

25. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…

Should I tap the spurs frenzy?

A. Kdb to Son
    B. Martial to Alli/Moura
    C. Other

Pope
    TAA Soyuncu Robbo
    Kdb Mane Martial Pulisic
    Vardy Abra Jimenez
    Button Lundstram Rico Dendo
    1m itb 0ft

1. ElliotJHP

I would hold personally

2. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…

Might wait a bit fwiw - but want a little plan

3. The Units

B if for free

1. The Units

Alli

4. Fulchester's New Centr…

Get up in that.
      B. Moura or Alli could be great. Lucas to start, just.

26. Dr. Agabuse

Its a good time for the game. Lots of Options. No template.
    Lots of fixture vs form and everything could be fifderent next week

1. JohnRoss

I agree. The game has opened up recently and there are plenty of viable permutations again. Much more fun

2. teneighty

It's a fun season so far with many options getting good returns.

27. Nomar

Vardy captain this week.

Vardy to get another manager sacked this weekend.

28. DannyDrinkVodka

Who is more essential for the next GW?

A) Son
      B) Mane

1. Long ago I drew a walrus

Easily Mane because of ownership

2. JohnRoss

Mane

• Long ago I drew a walrus

PVA for GW15 anyone?

1. Super Saints

May get him for Ota but leaves me a serious benching headache and they haven't been keeping clean sheets!

• Super Saints

Dilva has been my worst transfer of the season, hold or -4 to Son?

Pope
      TAA Robbo Soy Lundstram
      Mane KDB Dilva
      Vardy(c) Jimenez Abraham
      Button Mount Donkey Ota

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Bye-bye as you have KDB