Community

UCL Fantasy – Matchday 6 Chat

The Champions League is back and has rounded the turn as we look to Matchday 4, with some teams just a win away from qualification and no-one mathematically eliminated. Therefore, this is the last week where we can say with full confidence that managers across Europe will be playing their strongest XI.

On the panel this week are Fantasy Football Scout’s own Geoff, and Community Members and seasoned Champions League fantasy players Darth_Krid, Stats Don’t Lie, JK and FFFrog.

Outside of the popular premiums, who can propel you up the ranks in Matchday 4?

Each panellist was asked to name one player, outside of the already highly-owned and popular premiums, who they feel are primed to propel them up the ranks.

GeoffMarcus Rashford isn’t in the best form in the Premier League, with just two goals in 708 minutes. However, he has four goals in 193 minutes in the Champions League. Rashford could take United one step closer to winning their group against İstanbul Başakşehir with a big performance in Matchday 4.

Darth_Krid – When in doubt, go with the man in form. Having found the net in his first four games at Anfield, the likelihood is that Diogo Jota (7.5m) will carry on his scoring streak against the Atalanta team he scored a hat-trick against just two weeks ago. Liverpool progress if they win, so they’ll be even more eager to wrap it up this week to ensure the final group games can be used to rest players for the grueling festive schedule.

Stats Don’t Lie – I find it difficult to look past Raphael Guerreiro as my pick. Dortmund are in a particularly tight group where they cannot afford to drop points and the LWB has really come into his own of late, getting a goal and two assists in his last two Bundesliga appearances. Combined with being on some set-pieces, and two home games up next, Guerreiro looks primed for points at both ends of the pitch.

JK – Unlucky not to return last time out, Atletico’s Joao Felix could be an excellent pick this week. Five league goals plus a brace two matchdays ago hints at his potential.

FFFrog – Whilst Cristiano Ronaldo will get all the attention, Alvaro Morata (£9.0m) has been in top form for club and country since rejoining Juventus and has an absolute prime fixture this Matchday. He’s score two goals in a single game twice already in the competition so far and could well add to this in Turin this week.

Hopefully this helps you make some decisions, whether you’re using your free transfers or playing a chip this week.

As always, Community Articles about UCL are the best place to discuss the Champions League fantasy game. All FPL-related content will be removed from the comment section here, so we can have a focused discussion on the key UCL topics!

1. Geoff

Really tough transfers calls this week. I think I'll be rolling one

2. ElliotJHP

Thanks for this Darth_Krid, have been enjoying UCL fantasy for the first time and I'm more engaged with the competition as a result.

Using my WC this week, maybe I'll go Guerreiro over Robertson in case he gets rested, any thoughts on what I've put together below? Plan is to use limitless next week to maximize elite vs minnows.

Torn between the obvious Haaland and the lesser owned Morata for captain tonight, leaning Haaland at the moment.

Mendy Marchesin
    Danilo Robertson AWB Meunier Matip
    Barrios Jota Rashford Foden Cajuste
    Haaland (c) Lewandowski Morata

1. Geoff

I'm on Ronaldo over Haaland, but Morata is slightly different.

I WCed last week, planning to Limitless for R6.

Looks good! Not that I know every player/team very well, but looks strong

2. The Red Devil

Why do think robbo might get rested now? With Trent already out & Liverpool needing a win to qualify

3. The Red Devil

Similar WC side for me too, except couple of changes in defence
      James, Rafael & savic for Danilo, AWB & matip
      Bruno for Rashford

1. ElliotJHP

Overthinking it on Robbo really! Will keep him in.

James not playing tonight fwiw, you could switch to another Chelsea defender?

1. The Red Devil

Oh damn! Really liked him at that price point
          Have 5.2 ITB for him
          Defence is

Mendy marchesin
          Rafael meunier James savic Robertson

So yeah, maybe zouma?

1. ElliotJHP

Aye, I'd go Zouma or Azpi I think, Zouma looks nailed don't he

1. ElliotJHP

Might drop Danilo for Azpi myself actually

1. The Red Devil

yeah, azpi might get rotated next game

1. ElliotJHP

Aye, I'm going to Limitless for the next one I think and then its Tuesday night again anyway so can drop if he doesn't play against Krasnador.

Good luck!

1. The Red Devil

Limitless better option now? i mean next week? or towards the semis & final?

1. ElliotJHP

No idea bud! First time playing but will try and rely on transfers for the latter stages

4. Darth_Krid

Hope you kept Haaland as captain!

1. ElliotJHP

Ha, I did!

3. Stats Don\'t Lie

So many injuries it seems and I've used my WC. Tough deciding how to proceed now!

4. pundit of punts

Made 2 transfers Promes + Kimmich > Jota + Guerreiro

Mendy - 4m
    Guerreiro - Danilo - Diego Carlos - Kounde - Bondar
    Sterling - Rashford - Jota - Erokhin - Tete
    Ronaldo - Lewandowski - Traore

Good luck all. 🙂

5. Geoff

Matchday 5 Chat begins

How's everyone looking?

6. Rossaldinho

Guys for info - Lewandowski didn't travel so not in the squad. Guerreiro is doubtful

1. Geoff

Have either of them?

7. UCL Matchday 5 - Team News
    Darth_Krid

Latest Team News

Many of the clubs have confirmed their traveling squads for the Matchday 5 fixtures, and there are some notable omissions:

Lewandowski
    Messi
    Coutinho
    Ter Stegen
    Meunier
    Guerreiro
    Goretzka
    Rabiot
    Alisson (not confirmed but strong rumours)

Obviously those first two names stand out strongly, so who will your replacement be? I'm looking at Gomez or Zapata from Atalanta, who face Midtjylland, or Stindl who is firing them in for a Monchengladbach side at home to Inter who just haven't got going in this year's CL.

1. Geoff

Love the round up thanks mate. So many big players!

Lewandowski is the biggest issue for me. Definitely need to sell

1. Darth_Krid

Sod's Law I'll pick the one replacement who doesn't score!

2. Greyhead

Cheers for the roundup. Very useful for staying ahead in my mini league 🙂 I’ve gone Thurman as my Lewan replacement so fingers crossed

3. Would Ed Woodward

This feels like a tough week.

4. lugs

i did a - 4 and took out 2 players who i don't think will play and 1 with a bad fixture

Ziyech > Olmo
      Kean > Gomez(c)
      Trippier > Angelino

8. WALOR

Lewa out for Zapata, but the UEFA site is also projecting that Gnabry won't start - who is the best replacement (money no object)?

9. pundit of punts

Guerreiro out?

10. ElliotJHP

Think I'll wait for some Madrid news before pulling some moves - Like the idea of going Lewa to Benzema and putting the armband on him for tonight, hopefully Madrid are up for revenge!

11. UCL Matchday 6 chat
    Darth_Krid

It's the final matchday of the group stages! Many of us (me included) are using the Limitless chip this week, so who are your must-haves in this minefield of rotation and injury doubts?

As always at this stage, it's best to focus on those teams who have it all to play for and will therefore not be resting or rotating. Helpfully and somewhat surprisingly, this year that includes many of the 'big' teams on whose rosters are the expensive premiums that the chip was designed to give free range over. PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico, Inter, Leipzig and Man United are some of the big names still to secure qualification, while other teams such as Dortmund, Juventus and Barcelona are through but will want to win their group to get a (supposedly) easier draw for the next round.

1. Darth_Krid

My frontline is certainly going to consist of Lukaku and Neymar, with the third choice being Mbappe or Immobile. At the back, I'll have Marquinhos, Hakimi and a certain Sergio Ramos who I see scoring an inevitable header from a corner or penalty in the 90th minute to make it 1-0 and secure qualification.

1. FFFrog

Marq, Hakimi and Ramos all have a place in my backline, currently with Hummels and Trent. I prefer Immobile over Mbappe on form, he's just really not seemed involved in their recent UCL games whereas Ciro has pens and is in top form.

2. FFFrog

The midfield seems to be where there's real room for divergence here - I'm currently on Bruno, Felix, Tsygankov and Sancho but can't decide on my fifth. Rashford, Jota, Stindl, Torres and Pulisic are all candidates

1. Would Ed Woodward

Got Sancho on WC until I transferred him out yesterday, 3 benchings and 1 haul.

3. Stats Don\'t Lie

Having used my Limitless a few weeks ago, feels like this week is all about damage limitation for me. Will be shocked if my team comes anywhere near replicating the heroics of last gw!

Having said that a couple of hits look likely, I have found they have a much greater tendency to pay off in this than in the likes of FPL.

4. lugs

took another -4 and did

Sterling > Torres
      Gomez > Neymar
      Korniienko > Tsimikas

Neymar(c), Ronaldo, Traore
      Felix, Jota, Olmo, Torres
      Danilo, Angelino, Carlos
      Szczesny

Marchesin, Blind, Llorente, Tsimikas

Goodluck all 🙂

5. Would Ed Woodward

Surprised I haven't seen any talk of Szoboszlai on limitless, I can understand no Berisha with the alternatives in attack but Salzburg have really impressed me going forward throughout the tournament.

6. Nice to Finally Michu

Play Hakimi or Walker?

12. Klaren

I was set on Mbappe/Neymar double-up but Lukaku's form looks so good to ignore and he was really unlucky to not come up with anything in the previous match vs Shakhtar.

Would you go with Lukaku over either one? And if you do, is it worth using another FT on either Kean or Di Maria? They seem to be both rotation risks but think that the upside could be significant if they start.

1. Darth_Krid

Neymar and Lukaku are my first choice, wouldn't consider anyone over those two. Would keep Di Maria too.

1. Klaren

Thanks, ended up going for those two.

13. The Overthinker

Who would you start between and why
    A) konsa
    B) Lamptey

1. NejiHyuuga01

Both likely to concede imo but Lamptey is an attacking threat

14. Tony Martial

Start 2.

Fofana Targett Lamptey.

Desperately need to sort my defense out.