We recently invited you to guess the new prices of a number of Fantasy Premier League (FPL) players ahead of 2022/23 – and now we can reveal some of the ‘groupthink’ results.
We listed 20 players who are either expected to rise in starting price (eg Reece James, Jarrod Bowen), fall in price (Bruno Fernandes) or are new/returning entrants to the Premier League (Aleksandar Mitrovic, Erling Haaland).
Over 1,000 of you took part, with Premium Memberships on offer to the three entrants whose guesses most closely resemble the actual starting prices when FPL relaunches.
Average price predictions
- £13.0m – Mohamed Salah
- £12.0m – Erling Haaland
- £11.5m – Son Heung-min
- £10.0m – Bruno Fernandes
- £9.0m – Luis Diaz
- £8.0m – Bukayo Saka
- £8.0m – James Maddison
- £8.0m – Trent Alexander-Arnold
- £8.0m – Dejan Kulusevski
- £8.0m – Jarrod Bowen
- £7.5m – Dominic Calvert-Lewin
- £7.5m – Joao Cancelo
- £7.5m – Callum Wilson
- £7.0m – Eddie Nketiah
- £6.5m – Conor Gallagher
- £6.5m – Reece James
- £6.5m – Aleksandar Mitrovic
- £6.5m – Bruno Guimaraes
- £6.0m – Jacob Ramsey
- £6.0m – Ben Chilwell
Mohamed Salah would begin 2022/23 at his joint-highest ever starting price (£13.0m) if the Fantasy Football Scout users have called it right. The Egyptian’s tally of 265 points in the season just gone was his best since 2017/18 but a £9.0m listing for teammate Luis Diaz may present a selection headache for some FPL bosses.
Erling Haaland’s £12.0m projected price is slap bang in the middle of where Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo entered the game at in 2021/22, while we’re probably in best-case scenario territory with Son Heung-min (£11.5m) given that he only fell seven points short of Salah.
Bruno Fernandes would drop £2.0m if the average above materialises, while Dejan Kulusevski would increase by the same margin.
Eddie Nketiah, Bukayo Saka, Jarrod Bowen, Jacob Ramsey and Joao Cancelo would all be subject to £1.5m starting price rises, meanwhile.
If, by some miracle, the average prices are the actual starting prices, then we’d have two winners: Bertonian and Simonvs both match the average with 16 of their guesses.
Mode price and percentage (most frequently selected price)
- 59.7% – (£6.5m) – Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 56.0% – (£8.0m) – Trent Alexander-Arnold
- 53.9% – (£13.0m) – Mohamed Salah
- 53.0% – (£6.5m) – Reece James
- 49.9% – (£6.0m) – Ben Chilwell
- 45.6% – (£7.5m) – Dominic Calvert-Lewin
- 43.1% – (£7.5m) – Callum Wilson
- 40.8% – (£7.5m) – Joao Cancelo
- 40.5% – (£5.5m) – Jacob Ramsey
- 39.5% – (£8.0m) – James Maddison
- 39.2% – (£6.5m) – Conor Gallagher
- 37.8% – (£9.0m) – Luis Diaz
- 36.6% – (£12.0m) – Erling Haaland
- 36.5% – (£8.0m) – Bukayo Saka
- 35.7% – (£10.5m) – Bruno Fernandes
- 35.6% – (£11.5m) – Son Heung-min
- 34.8% – (£8.0m) – Jarrod Bowen
- 34.7% – (£6.5m) – Bruno Guimaraes
- 33.9% – (£6.5m) – Eddie Nketiah
- 30.8% – (£8.0m) – Dejan Kulusevski
The mode differs from the average for only three players: Bruno Fernandes (average £10.0m, mode £10.5m), Jacob Ramsey (£6.0m, £5.5m) and Eddie Nketiah (£7.0m, £6.5m).
A number of other players were very close, however, including Joao Cancelo: 40.8% think he’ll be £7.5m but 40.6% (two people fewer) reckon he’ll cost £7.0m.
The winners of the above competition will be announced after FPL relaunches for 2022/23.
If you want to peruse over some more projected prices, we can point you in the direction of Fantasy Football Scout user Camzy’s self-penned spreadsheet.
And let us know your own thoughts on price predictions for the upcoming campaign, including for some of the names we haven’t covered in this article.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.