When does the tournament start and end?
2019’s edition of the African Cup of Nations will be taking place in Egypt from June 21 to July 19 – which means it should impact on the pre-season schedules for the 2019/20 season.
The tournament dates are split accordingly:
- Group Stages: Jun 21 – Jul 2
- Last sixteen: Jul 5 – Jul 8
- Quarter-finals: Jul 10 – Jul 11
- Semi-finals: Jul 14
- Third/Fourth place playoff: Jul 17
- Final: Jul 19
What club football will my players miss?
For the first time in the competition’s history, the African Cup of Nations is being hosted in the months of June and July. In the past, it has caused heavy disruption to the Premier League campaign with its January/February dates.
For the 2019/20 campaign, the effect should only be on pre-season and the early Gameweeks.
For most top-flight sides in England, friendly fixtures will start in the second week of July, meaning some overlap with the African Cup of Nations.
For more information on how it clashes with pre-season matches, READ THIS ARTICLE.
Which players are taking part?
All 24 nations have confirmed their final squads for the tournament so we can list which Fantasy assets are currently on international duty in Egypt.
Players in italics represent those who have been eliminated from the competition, accompanied by the date they were no longer active at the Cup of Nations.
- Mohamed Elneny (Egypt)
- Alex Iwobi (Nigeria)
- Ahmed El Mohamady (Egypt)
- Jonathan Kodjia (Ivory Coast)
Brighton and Hove Albion
- Leon Balogun (Nigeria)
- Gaëtan Bong (Cameroon)
- Yves Bissouma (Mali) – pulled out with injury
- Cheikhou Kouyaté (Senegal)
- Jordan Ayew (Ghana)
- Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
- Idrissa Gueye (Senegal)
- Admiral Muskwe (Zimbabwe)
- Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
- Naby Keita (Guinea)
- Sadio Mané (Senegal)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)
- Christian Atsu (Ghana)
- Moussa Djenepo (Mali)
- Serge Aurier (Ivory Coast)
- Victor Wanyama (Kenya)
West Ham United
- Arthur Masuaku (DR Congo)
- Romain Saïss (Morocco)
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.