Podcast

The ScoutCast – Episode Seventy Six – Preparation D

Hitting the airwaves early this week, the ScoutCast makes a return to the fray with preparations for the double fixtures still using up our headspace. Mark and I rinse through the latest permutations of Gameweek 36, almost exhausted by the tactical nuances on offer. It’s almost too much for a Tuesday afternoon.

Of course, the podcast regulars rear their head and I do my upmost to keep my chin up despite the mini-league gap: Mark tries desperately not to gloat and fails as always. You never know – maybe all those eggs he’s put in the basket of Gameweek 36 are destined to be scrambled.

Hatch your plans by grabbing the goodness via this link or use the convenient player below to stream away.

Granville I've got the blood of poets and lovers in my veins.” Follow him on Twitter

1. Jinswick
    4 years, 3 months ago

So, I've decided I'm only bringing in DGWers this and next week. Of the ones I don't have, my likely targets are Terry, BAE, Bale, Lampard & Adebayor. I'll most likely be bringing in 3 (for free) or 4 (4 point hit) of these over the next 2 weeks.

Now, given my above strategy, and the fact I have to use 1 freebie this week, this means I have to get one of these players in this week. Chelsea being away at Arsenal and with potential rotation ahead of the Nou Camp trip, this all but rules out getting Terry or Lampard this week, as does budget constraints.

So that leaves the Spurs trio, and the options therefore appear to be:

a) Kompany (wol) -> BAE (qpr) [don't fancy losing Skrtel prior to WBA and a nice DGW]
    b) Walcott (CHE) -> Bale (qpr)
    c) Rooney (EVE) -> Adebayor (qpr)

Which of these 3 would you say is the best move? I'm currently on b).

CURRENT SQUAD
    Bogdan, (Mignolet)
    JEvans, Kompany, Skrtel, (Caulker), (Turner)
    Dempsey, Valencia, Siggy, Valencia, (Sessegnon)
    RVP, Rooney, P Cisse
    Bank 0.6m, 2 free transfers

1. Milkman
        4 years, 3 months ago

Walcott to Bale seems a nice, easy relatively low risk move. I like.

1. Jinswick
          4 years, 3 months ago

Cheers. I quite like the idea of having Walcott for GW37 (NOR) though, so the upside of doing a) is that I can ditch Valencia instead of Walcott for Bale in GW36. Would that sway you towards a)?

• Smurf
        4 years, 3 months ago

TBH I think you can rule Lampard out now, can't see him starting both league games as he will be needed for the return leg in Barca and the FA cup final.

Terry could possibly play (im hoping) as im considering him for my Baines replacement. Not sure yet though as he still has a chance of missing out.

• NATSTER | The Shuffling
        4 years, 3 months ago

B for sure. It's likely to not lose point and probably return handsome points too.

• McTown
          4 years, 3 months ago

yeah b is the most likely to pay off

• fuml_akimbo
            4 years, 3 months ago

I'm considering B myself, just wish I had another free transfer to make the move.

• jimnastics
            4 years, 3 months ago

It's all about Huth. Buggumark it!

1. Fratboy

Thinking about it.

• McTown
                  4 years, 3 months ago

worth getting in for a hit for enrique, simpson, verm or caulker?

• tosey
                  4 years, 3 months ago

their lack of cleanies worries me though

• Elniñorules
                  4 years, 3 months ago

I'd rather have Cahill even if he plays one fixture.

1. jimnastics

Buggumark that as well

• Christina.
                    4 years, 3 months ago

Tosey, you still around? Not worried with Dempsey(c) now that Pog is fit again?

1. tosey

no last time i captained dempsey with pog playing he got me 15 (x2) points

• snowman
                      4 years, 3 months ago

anyone know steps to add a grav pic?

1. Christina.

Faq off

• Sess!
                            4 years, 3 months ago

gravatar.com. Explains everything in FAQ's.

• Elniñorules

The squad I'd like to see this weekend against Arsenal:

Cech
                          Paulo Cahill JT Cole
                          Essien Lamps
                          Studge Mata Rami
                          Torres

Although Drog would be a shoe-in under normal circumstances at the Emirates, we need him all fresh for his act vs Barca. Would expect Kalou, Mikel/Malouda & Meireles to come on for Rami, Lamps & Mata.

1. Jinswick
                            4 years, 3 months ago

Congrats on a brilliant win last night ENR. You must be buzzing after beating the mighty Barca!

I fear for us this w/e against your rejuvinated lot. No Arteta is a huge loss for us. I just hope RDM rests a few players for the Nou Camp game next week!

Score predictions for the w/e?

I'm gonna say 1-1

1. BBG ✩
                              4 years, 3 months ago

I think 0-2(Drogba brace)

• Sess!
                            4 years, 3 months ago

Baines now out. Another DGW player bites the dust. It's turning into more of a shambles by the day.

1. McTown

who are the others?

• tosey
                                4 years, 3 months ago

no transfers for me until next friday, value isnt that important now to risk it

• BBG ✩

Confirmed?

2. McTown
                                4 years, 3 months ago

Who to captain out of RVP, Tevez, Bale, Ade, Valencia, Dempsey, Siggy? currently on tevez dempsey vice

1. Viper

Tevez (c) Dempsey (vc)

1. Sess!

Tevez (c) RVP(vc)

2. Bluepenguin76
                                        4 years, 3 months ago

Tevez (c) and Dempsey (vc) lukn gud!.

3. Viper
                                        4 years, 3 months ago

Have two free transfers this week, any advice/thoughts on what I should do? I'm trailing by 18 points in my mini league and am sitting around the 22k mark..

A) Baines + Yak -> Huth +Cisse, no hit

B) Rooney -> Aguero/Tevez, save 1 transfer

C) Baines -> Simpson, save 1 transfer

D) Sorenson -> Bogdan, save 1 transfer

E) Caulker -> Williamson, save 1 transfer

F) Baines & McClean -> Cahill/Huth & HBA

G) Any Suggestions? I am seriously stumped over this :(

• Fratboy
                                          4 years, 3 months ago

New Post courtesy of Stilicho and Scouting the Doubles - Aston Villa.

• Snid
                                            4 years, 3 months ago

To flip the conversation slightly – what are people defending leads doing with RVP and Rooney?

The bloke who is second in my ML is an avid Arsenal fan so he won’t get rid of RVP, he has Cisse and he took an 8pt hit last GW, put in Hoilett to fund his clever (but ineffective) move to Hart and Kompany.

So I’ve got him covered him with RVP and Cisse so that leaves him with Hoilett and 1.4 in the bank and me with Rooney and 3.1 in the kitty.

Should I just leave it as it is and continue my plan of getting in the doublers for 36? I’m 94 clear and I know I should think that’s good enough to win it for another season, the way it’s gone for me, I could slip up horrendously and suddenly it’s a struggle till the end….

• Smurf
                                            4 years, 3 months ago

Baines was the last player in my team I would want to get injured. He's a complete differential in my league and I could have seen him getting alot of points in the last 3 GW's, I thought he was going to be one of my main ways of catching up my lead on my rival for the run in. Gutted is not the word :(

• IfYouTinkerYou\'llHave…
                                              4 years, 3 months ago

Morning folks - who would you bench from this front 8....

Bale HBA Siggy Dempsey Tony V

Cisse RVP Rooney

Currently thinking bale?

1. Karmanya

HBA or Bale

2. Back on the bike

Bench Sess or Bendy?

1. bolekjaworski

has to be Bendy

2. lfcindo

pick 3 for this week:

N.Taylor - Verm - Evans - Simpson - Kelly

• Q
                                                        4 years, 3 months ago

My main ml rival is only 20 points behind with a Rooney vpersie aguero front 3 to my Rooney vpersie pcisse..do I need to get a man city striker? And if so do I drop shrek or papiss?

1. Bluepenguin76
                                                            4 years, 3 months ago

Hav had the same problem as u Ol,exact same forward line,tho ive shippd out Robin and got in Tevez.Prob crazy but Citeeh against Wolves is just too good to resist IMO.

2. ROMANI, ITE DOMUM
                                                            4 years, 3 months ago

Is it worth getting Wheater in for Evans for the next two GW's ? (also to release a bit of cash for DGW36)

• M_NUS United Force

I need 9 more quality players (1,600+ pts) for h2h league
                                                              code: 789344-589137

1. Bluepenguin76
                                                                  4 years, 3 months ago

U filled those gaps diaphex?

2. Title20

Vorm, hilario
                                                                  Turner, Williamson, Evans, Taylor, BAE
                                                                  Valencia, siggy, mclean, sessegnon, bale
                                                                  Rooney, cisse, rvp

Gw 35: Rvp for tevez and Mclean for Ben arfa(-4)
                                                                  Gw36: rooney for adebayor and sessegnon for any midfielder(maybe dempsey...mata...who?)(-4)
                                                                  Sound like a good plan? Any better transfers?

1. Bluepenguin76
                                                                      4 years, 3 months ago

Grand moves!..think ur spot on.Wot about Pienarse for double game week,big playa for the Toffees oln his day and probably wont be as highly sort afta as sum of the Chelsea boys like Mata,who cud be rotated?

1. Title20
                                                                          4 years, 3 months ago

ya sounds like a smart idea... im still just hung up on if i should take rvp for tevez or aguero.... really not sure since city have the united game and arsenal have a realtively easy run of fixtures after chelsea...

• M_NUS United Force
                                                                        4 years, 3 months ago

For the last time please help! Its urgent

Should i bench

1) Krul, Sessegnon and Gallas

2) or Bogdan, Graham and Gallas

1. andyd

bench B

2. oliver89
                                                                            4 years, 3 months ago

Who to captain... I'm thinking Aguero but I've had RvP for Captain for months now. My main rival has ade, p.cisse and aguero up front and is bound to cptn Aguero or P.cisse. My rivals teams is pretty weak but I'm not pulling away!! He has been lucky captaining P.cisse and aguero in recent weeks!!!

My team:

Vorm (Krul)

J.Evans, Riise, Killgallon. (r taylor, caulker)

Dempsey, sess, siggy, valencia (bannan)

Rvp, Rooney, Aguero

Thanks in advance!

• andyd
                                                                              4 years, 3 months ago

i've a feeling this is gonna cause uproar.... but im transferring in ireland for sess and making him captain, surely a goal or assist and a few bonus arn't too much to ask for over two easy games on paper?

• Aosni
                                                                                4 years, 3 months ago

Mt team good to go? who should be my captain?
                                                                                Vorm
                                                                                Simpson Jose E Evans
                                                                                Petrov BenA Dempsey Sess
                                                                                Rooney RVP Aguero
                                                                                (Ruddy moses TalorR MartinR)

1. Super Silva Haze ⚽
                                                                                    4 years, 3 months ago

a would do dempsey or ben arfa if ur catching up that is if ur ahead stick with rvp or rooney

2. Super Silva Haze ⚽

HI guys !!

my team for next week any thoughts will be much appreciated

krul (vorm)

simpson naylor walker (evans senderos)
                                                                                    mata dempsey bale ben afra ( siggy)
                                                                                    rooney jelavic aguero

right now i dont have mata and aguero but thinking of bringing in both for next week and will mean bye bye to valencia and van persie ??????