Sergio Aguero (£11.3m) and Eden Hazard (£11.3m) are likely to be the pair vying for domination of the Gameweek 11 captaincy.
Both players have home fixtures against favourable opposition this weekend and have been much more impressive in front of their own fans this season.
Aguero has delivered attacking returns in every match at the Etihad Stadium in 2018/19, averaging a total of 9.4 points per game.
Meanwhile, Southampton will arrive having conceded 1.4 goals per away match this season. Only three teams have allowed more penalty box shots since Gameweek 7 too.
Benjamin Mendy (£6.3m) may even get a look-in this week given that he has six assists already this term and Southampton are without a league goal in five matches.
With Riyad Mahrez (£8.6) having recorded three double-figure hauls in the last five Gameweeks, he may be starting to emerge as a differential option although there are plenty of potentially viable options in the Man City midfield.
As Liverpool travel to in-form Arsenal, interest in Mohamed Salah (£12.9m) and Sadio Mané (£9.7m) may be restricted.
Instead, Hazard looks like the most likely to compete with Aguero if he can regain full fitness.
The Chelsea man has registered either a goal or an assist in all but one of his home matches this season, for an average of 9.2 points per game at Stamford Bridge. The only one he blanked in was the Gameweek 9 visit of Manchester United.
Next opponents Crystal Palace are without a clean sheet since Gameweek 6 and have conceded seven times in four matches since then (1.75 per game).
Given Brighton’s form away from home, some managers may consider either Gylfi Sigurdsson (£7.4m) or Richarlison (£6.8m) as alternative captain candidates in Gameweek 11.
West Ham’s Marko Arnautovic (£7.0m) may also be viewed by some as a differential as he prepares to face Burnley. No side has allowed more shots than the Clarets this season.
Fulham and their hapless defence are unlikely to influence the captaincy discussion as they travel to face Huddersfield Town, the Premier League’s lowest scorers.
You can now vote in the poll below. We are currently unable to embed the poll in the sidebar following changes to PollDaddy’s website. We will update you in due course.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.