Liverpool are expected to be heavily backed in the Gameweek 12 captaincy discussion, but they have proved underwhelming in recent weeks.
A home match against the league’s worst defence seems like the ideal time to hand one of their key players the armband, but are there other strong candidates out there?
The task of this week’s Captain Sensible article is test the theory that Liverpool’s attackers will run riot in Gameweek 12, as well as compare them with other potential captain options.
Not surprisingly, Mohamed Salah (£13.0m) is already the runaway leader of the captain poll for Gameweek 12. That home match against Fulham’s defence is simply too much to resist for 49% of our voters, at time of writing.
But in reality, 68% of you have thrown your weight behind Fulham’s visit to Anfield as currently in second place is Sadio Mané (£9.8m). The Senegalese international scored a brace in his last Premier League appearance at Anfield when Cardiff were dispatched by a 4-1 scoreline.
A long way off in third place is Eden Hazard (£11.3m) with just under 7% of the vote. He played in the Europa League on Thursday night and registered a refreshingly event-free 62 minutes. A home match against Everton will be particularly appealing although the Toffees simply cannot offer the same level of defensive vulnerability as Fulham.
Marko Arnautovic (£7.1m) is once again preferred as the best of the mid-price options after his 12-point haul against Burnley (4.37%). His trip to Huddersfield Town will hold no fear for his owners, who might be inspired by the fact that our Scoutcaster Luke handed him the armband in Gameweek 11 for a 24-point haul.
The West Ham man has nearly double the backing of Sergio Aguero (£11.4m) who has just a 2.4% share of the vote thus far. That’s despite him scoring seven goals in his last eight Premier League meetings with Gameweek 11 opponents Manchester United.
Interesting options between 1% and 2% mark include Harry Kane (£12.4m), Glenn Murray (£6.5m), Jamie Vardy (£9.0m), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£10.9m), Alexandre Lacazette (£9.7m) and Raheem Sterling (£11.1m).
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.