Manchester City’s attacking options are expected to be the early favourites for the Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 14 captaincy.
You can now vote for who you believe to be the best option for the armband in the poll below, or on the sidebar of our website.
Raheem Sterling (£11.3m) goes into a home match against Bournemouth on the back of his fourth double-figure haul of the campaign, as he scored 16 points in the 4-0 win over West Ham.
In every league match that the England international has played at the Etihad Stadium, bar one, this season he has either matched or outscored colleague Sergio Aguero (£11.5m).
The Argentinian’s latest blank on the road, his fifth from a possible six in 2018/19, may detract from his percentage in this poll.
However, Aguero has the advantage of still starting every single match there this year, while Sterling was rested for appealing home encounters with Huddersfield and Burnley in Gameweeks 2 and 9 respectively.
The injury to Gabriel Jesus (£10.1m) may also be a factor in managers’ decisions. If his injury is only enough to keep him out of the midweek Champions League action and not the weekend, then either one of Sterling or Aguero could play up front against Lyon and then miss Bournemouth. However, Jesus’ injury could also be bad enough to rule him out of both matches.
After both scoring three goals in as many matches Leroy Sané (£9.3m) and David Silva (£8.6m) could prove excellent differential options with just 5.8% and 10% ownership respectively.
However, Eden Hazard (£11.1m) has the opportunity to make up for his recent poor returns with an appealing home match against Fulham.
The Cottagers may be under new management but they still managed to concede twice to a goal-shy Southampton side in Gameweek 13.
Mohamed Salah (£13.0m) and his Liverpool colleagues have an unpredictable Merseyside Derby on Sunday afternoon. The Egyptian has delivered in all but one of his home matches this season, the only blank coming against Manchester City in Gameweek 8, so the case for captaining this week still holds some water.
Another derby takes place on the same day in Gameweek 14, with Arsenal hosting a Spurs side fresh from thrashing Chelsea 3-1.
Harry Kane‘s (£12.3m) recent return to form may make a case for the captain’s armband, as he has five goals in his last six matches against Arsenal.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.