Recorded during the last few minutes of Gameweek 28’s fixtures, the Scoutcast crew cling to the hope of huge points hauls right to the final whistle.
For Az and Joe, though, the evening proved particularly frustrating as they are left to settle for a mere dribble of 11th-hour returns from the likes of Paul Pogba.
At least one of the crew saw their hope rewarded. Special guest Adam Hopcroft, who was filling in for the red-flagged podcast pair of David and Luke, ended the night on 62 points to set him on course for his sixth top 10,000 overall finish.
Amid the excitement of a Gameweek finale, the crew also find time to mull over the key players, teams and talking points of the week.
Chelsea’s strong fixture run comes under scrutiny, as does the potential of a Leicester side under new management following the appointment of former Celtic and Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.
Chip strategy is also revisited with recent injuries to key players and the strong form of Newcastle presenting further challenges and opportunities as Fantasy mangers navigate the upcoming blank and double Gameweeks.
Gameweek 29 is then looked at in detail, with clean sheet and differential prospects put under the microscope.
Proceedings take an unusual turn when Monty Python’s Life of Brian and He-Man earn mentions.
The crew finish the show by revealing their transfer and captaincy plans. As the old football cliché goes “they can take the despair, it’s the hope that kills them”.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
It is also worth mentioning that FFScout moderator Rotation’s Alter Ego has collected this latest episode’s timestamps to help find particular sections. This can be found as the top comment in the Youtube version.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.