The captain hindsight brigade was out in full force this week to bash the Scoutcasters – among others – for recommending Brighton defender Shane Duffy for the Gameweek 34 armband.
With goal threat and two home games against Bournemouth and Cardiff, it seemed a good call. But with seven goals conceded without reply over this pair of games, reality had other ideas.
Az, Joe and their guest Adam Hopcroft take stock of a less-than-inspiring Double Gameweek, with no regrets about their armband blunder.
For Az and Adam, captaining a player with two fixtures over one had merit, especially in a week with no standout captain elsewhere.
Meanwhile, Joe was looking for another Stephane Sessegnon moment. This refers to the “VE Day”-style celebrations among the Fantasy community back in 2012, when the similarly unlikely Double Gameweek armbandee rifled in an injury-time goal against Reading for Sunderland in the Black Cats’ second match that week. It was so memorable that, almost seven years on, Az even remembers who got the assist during that magical moment.
Aside from assessing their newly deployed Wildcards, the crew also take stock of the community’s questions. The fallout from Troy Deeney’s red card and Mohamed Salah’s return to goalscoring form are among the issues covered.
Coping with rotation among the ranks of Manchester City and Spurs also gets an airing.
The Scoutcast’s latest talking point draws inspiration from the top managers this season, to find out what lessons we can learn from them and what it takes to gain an elite-level overall rank.
The community’s roughest and smoothest moves are looked at, including one of the most shambolic Wildcards of all time.
The crew finish off with a detailed look at their Gameweek 35 clean sheet predictions, differential tips, captaincy calls and transfer plans.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
It is also worth mentioning that FFScout moderator Rotation’s Alter Ego has collected this latest episode’s timestamps to help find particular sections. This can be found as the top comment in the Youtube version.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.