Fantasy managers who are looking at owning just one premium Liverpool midfielder in 2019/20 may face something of a dilemma.
The relaunch of Fantasy Premier League has seen the gap in price between Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane narrow considerably.
The Egyptian has dropped to £12.5m while his teammate, who shared the Golden Boot with Salah in 2018/19, has risen to £11.5m.
The price gap between the two players was £3.5m at the start of 2018/19.
Owning both premium midfield options isn’t impossible, of course, but it would leave a shortfall of cash elsewhere and sacrifices would have to be made in other positions.
Given Manchester City’s favourable-looking run of matches from Gameweeks 1 to 11, many FPL bosses will be needing a considerable chunk of their £100m budget to acquire Raheem Sterling (£12.0m) and/or Sergio Aguero (£12.0m), too.
Liverpool’s opening eight fixtures are among the most appealing in the top flight and indeed the Reds sit second in our Season Ticker from Gameweeks 1 to 8.
Jurgen Klopp’s side face newly promoted Norwich City and Sheffield United during that run, as well as three teams who finished in the bottom eight of the top flight last season: Newcastle United, Burnley and Southampton.
The Gameweek 3 visit of Arsenal, who kept fewer away clean sheets than any Premier League club in 2018/19, is also enticing from an attacking perspective.
In this latest Members’ article, we will run a direct statistical comparison to weigh up the pros and cons of each asset.
As well as the usual goal threat and creativity comparisons, we’ll be assessing their record against ‘lesser’ sides (given Liverpool’s favourable run at the start of 2019/20) using our new Flat-Track Bully tool.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.