Jurgen Klopp has named an unchanged starting XI for the club’s lunch-time kick-off against Chris Wilder’s Sheffield United.
The Reds, aiming to maintain their 100% winning start to the 2019/20 Premier League campaign, will line up with the same side who defeated Frank Lampard’s Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge last weekend at Bramall Lane in the 12.30 kick-off.
The electric front three of Mohamed Salah (£12.5), Saido Mane (£11.6) and Roberto Firmino (£9.6) will be looking to get the better of a defence who have conceded just six goals in the 2019/20 Premier League campaign; the joint lowest of the bottom 12 sides in the division.
Managers in ownership of Salah and Mane are likely to have considered giving either one of the duo the captaincy for Gameweek 7, with the former making it into our Scout Picks for the upcoming Gameweek.
This is likely to mark yet another chapter in the dual between the Egyptian and Senegalese forwards in illustrating their goalscoring credentials, yet they are likely to face a defensively rigid side who have already proven their credentials as worthy Premier League opponents.
Liverpool’s defence retains its familiar formation with Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.2) Andy Roberton (£6.9) Joel Matip (£5.5) and Virgil Van Dijk (£6.5) lining up for the lunch-time kick-off, yet Klopp’s backline will be looking to reward those owners who have persisted in their faith towards either single or double defensive coverage; despite just one clean sheet in their opening six league fixtures.
For Wilder, the Blades boss has also named an unchanged XI for the lunch-time clash, and his side will be aiming to record consecutive upsets against Merseyside opponents after defeating Marco Silva’s Everton 2-0 at Goodison Park.
The highly-popular John Lundstram (£4.4), who assisted and registered three bonus in the victory over the Toffees, starts for the seventh consecutive Premier League match despite preseason doubts over his viability as a starting option for the club.
Wilder’s side will aim to frustrate the Reds and hurt them on the counter-attack, but with both sides in periods of respective momentum in their seasons, it is unsurprising to see both managers named unchanged sides for the opening fixture of Gameweek 7.
Sheffield United XI: Henderson; O’Connell, Egan, Basham, Stevens, Baldock, Lundstram; Norwood, Fleck, Robinson; McBurnie.
Liverpool XI: Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson; Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.