Scout Notes

Newcastle attack improves but viable assets still hard to find

Newcastle United 2-1 Bournemouth

Goals: DeAndre Yedlin (£4.4m), Ciaran Clark (£4.3m) | Harry Wilson (£6.0m)

Assists: Allan Saint-Maximin (£5.4m), Federico Fernández (£4.4m) | Ryan Fraser (£7.0m)

Bonus Points: H Wilson x3, Clark x2, Aaron Ramsdale x1 (£4.6m)

Newcastle United’s latest win highlighted their drastic improvements going forward in recent weeks.

In the first 10 Gameweeks of 2019/20, not once did Steve Bruce’s side score more than one goal in a match, also blanking on four occasions.

However, in the last two matches, the Magpies have found the net a total of five times, scoring three timers at West Ham and twice against Bournemouth.

Not only was the win in London the first time Newcastle had scored more than once in a league match this season, but Gameweek 12 also represented the first time they had done so in back-to-back outings.

The last few weeks have yielded plenty of progress for the Magpies, perhaps spurred on by their 5-0 defeat to Leicester in Gameweek 7.

Steve Bruce has turned Newcastle’s fortunes around in recent weeks

Since their visit to the King Power Stadium, Newcastle have chalked up 10 points, beating Manchester United, West Ham and now Bournemouth, surging seven points clear of the relegation zone in that time.

However, Fantasy managers might be hard-pressed to find too many attacking assets worthy of inclusion in their squads just yet.

None of Newcastle’s players has netted more than two twice this season while Ciaran Clark (£4.5m) leapt from goalless to joint top-goalscorer in just two matches. The centre-back has also only recently come into the team, making his first start in Gameweek 8.

“The one thing you want is competition and Ciaran was probably questioning why there were times when I didn’t pick him in the squad. I’m leaving out people like Javier Manquillo, who’s done nothing wrong, Yoshinori Muto, who’s done nothing wrong. It’s the difficult part of it. All you can say to them is, ‘Take your chance’, and Ciaran is the prime example of it. He’s done remarkably well coming from nowhere. I’m delighted for him.” – Steve Bruce

Shelvey looks to once again be a key figure for Newcastle

Clark is level with Jonjo Shelvey (£5.0m) who scored in Gameweek 2 at Norwich as well as from a free-kick against West Ham last time out.

The former Swansea City man has now started two matches in a row alongside Isaac Hayden (£4.4m) in central midfield and appears to be very much back in the first-team plans.

When Jamaal Lascelles (£4.4m) was substituted in the 20th minute of the match, it was Shelvey who took on the captain’s armband. He may even hold onto it for Gameweek 13 if the centre-back is not back in time – he left the ground on crutches with his knee in support.

With Hayden also putting in another decent shift, it seems that Matthew Longstaff (£4.5m) and Sean Longstaff (£5.0m) may find it hard to get back in the team.

Saint-Maximin’s pace has helped Newcastle but he has struggled in front of goal

One of the most important contributing factors to Newcastle’s recent offensive improvements has been the pace of Allan Saint-Maximin (£5.4m), although again, he does not look like a player who will be rewarded by the Fantasy system.

In the first half at St James’ Park, Bournemouth were proving difficult to break down as they were doing a fine job of reorganising their defensive shape when countered upon.

That changed towards the end of the opening period when Saint-Maximin found himself in space after a trademark sprint.

However, just as he did twice in such circumstances against West Ham, the rapid winger spurned a golden opportunity. No more than seven yards out of a sparsely defended goal, he opted to blast his shot, rattling the crossbar rather than rippling the net – another shocking miss from Saint-Maximin.

That move did open Bournemouth up a bit more and helped get Newcastle back into the game but it is very clear that Saint-Maximin is not a player to be trusted to put chances away.

Yedlin got on the end of a Saint-Maximin cross to equalise for Newcastle

That said, he may still offer some assist potential this season, setting up DeAndre Yedlin‘s (£4.4m) equaliser with a cross in the first half. Furthermore, his wayward efforts on goal could potentially lead to assists from rebounded efforts too.

Meanwhile, Miguel Almirón’s (£5.8m) wait for a first league goal of the campaign goes on although he can consider himself exceptionally unfortunate on this occasion.

On another of Saint-Maximin’s rapid forays into Bournemouth’s box, he fell to the ground as Aaron Ramsdale (£4.6m) sallied forth to parry the ball. Almirón’s subsequent effort was fired straight into Saint-Maximin on the ground, in what turned out to be a fantastic save by his own player.

Either way, such was Newcastle’s desire to win this game, Bournemouth’s run of three consecutive clean sheets was brought to an end. It is worth perhaps considering that the Magpies are no longer the clean sheet fodder we once thought they were, potentially ominous for anyone holding defensive options from Aston Villa, Manchester City, Sheffield United and Southampton, their next four opponents.

Fraser was the one to benefit from Newcastle’s set piece problems, not Rico

Owners of Cherries defensive assets probably should not regret the decision to start them in Gameweek 12.

Some Diego Rico (£4.3m) owners started him hoping for returns at either end of the pitch. The expectation of a clean sheet was understandable given Newcastle’s scoring record up until this point, but there was also hope that the left-back, involved in set pieces, would benefit from their vulnerability to dead-ball situations.

After letting a West Ham goal in by that route last time out, Newcastle did indeed concede from a corner once again, Rico owners were perhaps unfortunate enough for it to be from one taken by Ryan Fraser (£7.0m) instead.

Rico still got into some great attacking positions in the North East, overlapping well with Fraser. He had a fierce shot in the first-half well-saved by Martin Dúbravka (£5.0m), which could have easily ended up in the back of the net.

Ramsdale has offered good value for Fantasy managers this season

Ramsdale also continues to offer decent value, registering a four-point haul despite conceding twice. He made seven saves and claimed one bonus point to secure second place in the scoring charts for goalkeepers so far.

After 12 Gameweeks, the Bournemouth shot-stopper has 52 points, the same as Kasper Schmeichel (£5.2m) and just three short of current leader Mat Ryan (£4.7m) on 55.

That said, the usefulness of defensive assets on the south coast could be coming to an end soon with Wolves (home), Spurs (away), Liverpool (home) and Chelsea (away) four of Bournemouth’s next five opponents.

Meanwhile, Callum Wilson‘s (£7.8m) slide continued as he went a fifth consecutive match without an attacking return.

Newcastle United XI (5-4-1): Dúbravka; Willems, Clark, Lascelles (Dummett 20′), Fernández, Yedlin; Saint-Maximin (Atsu 90′), Shelvey, Hayden, Almirón; Joelinton (Carroll 83′).

Bournemouth XI (4-4-2): Ramsdale; Rico (Solanke 66′), Aké, S Cook, A Smith (Danjuma 78′); Fraser, Billing, L Cook, H Wilson (Francis 66′); J King, C Wilson.

Members Analysis

View full match data in the Members Area

MEMBERS AREA HOME PAGE

GAMEWEEK 12 – FPL MATCH REPORTS

FFScout nominated for Online Media of the Year at FSA Awards 2019

You can vote for Fantasy Football Scout as ‘Online Media of the Year’ by CLICKING HERE.

Voting closes on November 30!

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the annual price of £17.50 or the monthly price of £2.99. For a limited time only, first-month memberships are available at a cut-price £1.99.

1. Benditlike
    1 month, 20 hours ago

Im considering using my wildcard. I have an ok team, but i think it could be a good time to do some changes.

My current team is:
    Pope, Button
    VVD, Lundstram, Rico, Dunk, Ota
    Salah, Mane, KDB, Mount, Cantwell
    Vardy, Abraham, Connolly

Im looking at this for a wc team:
    Pope, Button
    TAA, Robertson, Chilwell, Lundstram, Rico
    Mane, Martial, Pulisic, Maddison, Dendocker
    Vardy, Abraham, Jimenez

(Leaves me 0.6 ITB)

What do you think?

1. FPLGeezer
      1 month, 20 hours ago

Do it I took -8 this game week and might take another to get pretty much that team.

2. ResultatFar
      1 month, 20 hours ago

I like it. However, going completely without Man City will hurt you. I would look at keeping KDB and downgrade elsewhere

1. FOO FIGHTER
          1 month, 20 hours ago

I do not think City is required. There are loads of midfield options available other than City. You cannot go with City forwards or defence as rotation is rife.

I do want to get Dilva back though.

1. KDB4PREZ
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Bore off with your agenda lol

• Better off with a pin and a…
          1 month, 20 hours ago

I've hit the button on mine this week as well and looking to get to something very similar. Big question for me (as for a lot of people I'm sure) is TAA + Robbo + Mane/Salah or Mane + Salah + TAA/Robbo.

Lack of City will be a worry, but I'd rather keep the Leicester and Liverpool players over the next few weeks.

• Benditlike
          1 month, 20 hours ago

A little scary going without Man City.. but at the same time i actually dont see KDB outscoring the next 4-5 gws either of the 4 mids i want in my wc team. Also would like to have both Mane and Salah, but its really expensive, and i think TAA+Robbo will offer better value.

2. Lignja

A. Jimenez
        B. Maddison
        C. Pulisic
        D. Martial

1. FPLGeezer
          1 month, 20 hours ago

All four if possible will have them after next gameweek.

1. I hate Moreno

I have none of those...

1. FPLGeezer
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Sure there's alternatives to each in their own respective team and may seem a bit like chasing points but think so long as all stay fit they will score well. Great value.

1. I hate Moreno
                1 month, 20 hours ago

I'd have them all if I could. Maybe I will if I hit the WC in a bit. Just brought Son in and Mount has class fixtures after the City match too so will hold onto him for now. Double Pool defence killing me atm (missing out of value defender clean sheets). Late City goal cost me 13 points yesterday.

1. FPLGeezer
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Fair points. I considered Son for KDB but went Maddison even tho Tielemans was in mind last week. Mount think will continue to tick over so if you got value tied up worth holding on too. I'm chasing in all my ML and not really paying much attention to OR even tho in past seasons that was the overall goal.

Funnily enough I'm looking to get the pool double at the back (didn't have any yesterday so naturally celebrated the goal) but think you will pick up more points then lose in coming weeks.

2. Hot Toddy

3. Double Treble

Mad

3. Ragnar Lothbrok
        1 month, 20 hours ago

I have 2 FT's, I want to make some changes. I think Sterling's time is up for me, shall I do a straight swap for Salah or spread the funds and improve on the below current team?

Ryan (Button*)
        TAA / Chilwell / Lundstram / Tomori (Montoya*)
        Sterling* / Mane / Mount (Dendon* / Cantwell*)
        Tammy / Vardy / Rashford

I have put a * for players that I am happy to lose going forward

TIA!

1. Better off with a pin and a…
          1 month, 20 hours ago

I'd say a straight swap - unless you'd prefer Robbo (probably for Tomori?). I'd be tempted to keep Dendonker for now as he's playing fodder with some good fixtures and similar for Montoya; if you get a better defender in his place when will you play him? It looks likely that Salah will outscore Sterling over the next few and you can always swap back if something happens or for the blank in GW18. If you spread the funds now you'll struggle to get any of those premiums in.

1. Ragnar Lothbrok
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Thanks for that! I agree, I am leaning toward Salah.

If not that it would more likely be Sterling out for Maddison, Martial, Robbo. This would mean also sacrificing Montoya and Cantwell, but as you said the bench would then cause me issues.

I will leave it for a bit, see out the internationals as I have enough £ ITB to hold off. However I do think Salah would be best option. Just don't like not having Maddison atm

1. Better off with a pin and a…
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah. My feeling is that Maddison might revert a bit and that he and Tielemans will end up scoring very similarly, but I'd want one or the other while LEI are playing this well.

4. FOO FIGHTER
          1 month, 20 hours ago

No need to stress about TAA. No point shifting him to Robbo as both likely to have more or less the same points end season.

I would do both but have Mane and Salah so just going to sit back and relax with TAA.

1. Double Treble
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Lets have a cup of tea then

• ResultatFar
          1 month, 20 hours ago

Finally I chose to use my WC. Currently at 60k OVR, so not doing too bad.

Current draft:

Gazza - Button
          TAA - Robbo - Soy - Lund - Janmaat
          KDB - Mane - Mount - Martial - Mcginn
          Vardy - Abraham - Ings

What do you think? I especially like the Ings pick as Southampton has some great fixtures coming up and he seems in form atm.

1. Double Treble

Grealish over McGinn....

1. ResultatFar
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Is he fit after the international break? If so, sure! Any other feedback?

1. Double Treble
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Upss. Sory. Didnt remember about his injury since Villa dont have favourable fixture. Like him or Trossard with that price

2. I hate Moreno
            1 month, 20 hours ago

All I see is benching headaches

1. Limbo

Yep. Rationalise.

1. ResultatFar
                1 month, 20 hours ago

I know. It's usually my mistake with using WC, I tend to want 14 players that gets game time. I can downgrade 5th mid and Janmaat I guess

3. caldracula
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Donw grade Janmaat + McGinn and upgrade Ings to Jimenez.

1. Limbo
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah. Southampton are awful. Ings will get the odd goal but it's not like they're Wolves. Everton should have scored a hatful. Ings score with one of only a couple of SoT

2. ResultatFar
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Thought of that, good idea!

Would love to own both, but Jimenez is of course the better pick. Is there any 4.0 defender who gets game time currently?

• payetisgod
          1 month, 20 hours ago

4th green arrow in a row, up to 1.2m from 3m.

Mane has been a huge rank killer (in the sense of gains) during the period. Below is my team and would appreicate views on next move after IB

Pope/Button
          Lundy, Rico, Soy, Taa, Boly
          KDB, Salah, Sterling, Mount, Hayden
          4.3, Vardy, Tammy.

.3 in bank

A) Boly and Mount to Jamnatt (spellcheck) and Maddison -4
          B) Sterling to Mane for the double up
          C) Sterling and Boly to Maddison and Robertson - 4

Addressing Boly and the 4.3 is on my thoughts for the upcoming xmas period as well but trying to give my team that little bit of protection against the rank killers! As i think im riding my luck slightly with the 4 greens ive had!

Thanks in advance

1. moz_1983
            1 month, 20 hours ago

C, though I'm considering getting rid of Sterling myself and it's giving me cause for concern. You know he's going to get a hat-trick as soon as you dump him!

1. payetisgod
              1 month, 20 hours ago

haha thanks mate! completely agree! its why I'm also contemplating just holding the transfer!

Part of me thinks ive gained so many places without mane why get him now! but at the same time if I had him I would've done even better!

Are you a Maddison or tiliemans man? that's another dilemma for myself!

• Ask Yourself
          1 month, 20 hours ago

Wish there was a not boring, nailed mid below 7.7m. Looking like being stuck with Maddison this week but not very excited by him. Will go digging but anyone go any ideas?
          Best ones I have so far are Dilva and Antonio

1. moz_1983

Pulisic?

1. Ask Yourself
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Lateriser’s HT has me wondering about a new future from the city game onwards. I’d hope Pulisic wouldn’t be the one to miss out but he has the toughest international schedule

2. DA Minnion
            1 month, 20 hours ago

If you're not excited about getting points then why play. Is Antonio getting no points more exciting?

1. Ask Yourself
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I like players who are fun to watch. Maddison is entirely unoriginal and a drag to watch.
              Antonio is supposed to be fit after the IB and oh boy to we need him. Potential for him to be OOP as haller’s strike partner and would benefit so much

1. DA Minnion
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Ok whatever floats your boat. Good luck with it.

3. Relaxing
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Dilva is really appealing to me

1. Ask Yourself
              1 month, 20 hours ago

So much. But pep and Christmas schedule is a scary prospect. At least in the games he misses I will have a decent bench player and KDB will play the advanced role

4. FOO FIGHTER
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I was not keen on Maddison but on current form I decided he has to be in my team.

1. Ask Yourself
                1 month, 20 hours ago

If I don’t find someone suitable he is in out of necessity

• Karan14

Martial?

1. Ask Yourself
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Had the exact same decision to make last week with my transfer and chose him, was the right move and hoping I can do that again

• Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Just join the fun with maddo, hes like siggy in his prime but actually plays for a decent team.

1. Ask Yourself
                1 month, 20 hours ago

No question he’s probably the best pick

• Make America Greta Again
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I just got Harvey Barnes in for a hit. CHO was killing me.

5. moz_1983
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Does this potantial WC team look decent, what changes would you make?

Hendo - Pope
            Robbo - Soyboy - Tomori - Lund - Rico
            Salah - KDB - Martial - Maddison - Hayden
            Vardy - Abraham - Ings

A bit template perhaps, but ok going forward. One major change I'm making is getting rid of Auba, which is giving me a bit of a headache given that he has 4 excellent fixtures coming up.

1. Ask Yourself
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Super similar to my team so must be great. I’ve transferred Auba out to Vardy this week too

2. payetisgod
              1 month, 20 hours ago

An anti mane owner on W/C - as someone who wants to get him In interested to know your thought process!

1. moz_1983
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Mainly due to the fact that I've had Salah from the off and there's hardly any price difference between them by now. If the difference is only 0.3m, I'd prefer to keep Salah. Both top options though.

1. payetisgod
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah im the same as you re: owning salah from the start. Not tempted by a double up? Friend at work showed me some tool where that double up is only owned by

3. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah that's a pretty solid team.

4. DantheManinaPan
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Could you reach Jimmy up front in place of Ings if you get Tielemans over Maddison?

6. cnewman7

What to do here? 2FT and 3.4 ITB
            OR ~120k

Pope (button)
            TAA Lund Soy (Otamendi* Lowton)
            Sterling* KDB* Mount Maddison McGinn
            Vardy Abraham (Connoly)

*Priorities are the city boys and what to do there.
            Otamendi definitely needs to go and probably need a 'pool attacker

The sensible moves are:
            Ota ==> Robbo
            Sterling ==> Mane

Any other thoughts?

1. moz_1983
              1 month, 20 hours ago

If I had to choose one of the City mids I'd keep Sterling, but that kills your budget. In which case, your moves sound decent.

7. RamaJama

Which move?

A) Sterling to Salah (also have KDB and Mane)
            B) Mount to Tielemans (also have Vardy and Tammy)

8. Stimps
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Yarmolenko -> ??? (10.8m to spend)

Already have Salah, KDB, Maddison, Mount

1. Ask Yourself

Richarlison, Martial

2. Simple Man

Son/Martial/Pulisic

3. Limbo

Keep that MF. £4.4m and Spend up front / defence

1. Limbo

*£4.4m MF

4. Kopkloppers
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Martial this week or Pulisic next week

9. pjomara
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Is McTominay worth a gander?
            Has the highest points of a midfielder

1. Limbo
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Clutching. Martial by a mile.

2. pjomara

my less than or equal to symbol mess up! should say 5.5m or less

10. Simple Man
            1 month, 20 hours ago

So, I have a bit of a problem here. I have 8.8m in the bank and have no idea who to sell for a Liv attacker.
            Possible transfers : Mount + Kelly > Robertson + Salah/Mane or just Dendocker > Salah/Mane and have a benching headache every week
            PS: I got Mount for 6.0 so its tough to sell. Getting Robertson in would also mean always benching Lund or Soy which I dont think is that good idea, they have some nice fixtures coming up.
            Here is my team, toughts ?

Pope McGovern
            TAA Soy Lund Rico Kelly
            Maddison Martial KDB Mount Dendocker
            Vardy Abraham Jimenez

1. Limbo
              1 month, 20 hours ago

If I had to. Martial. I just don't like Man Utd. Haha. In all honesty though, he's probably most injury prone and they are inconsistent.

1. Simple Man
                1 month, 20 hours ago

I am leaning towards getting Salah/Mane for Dendo and just let the form or injuries decide who to remove, and could well be Martial with his injury record

2. pingissimus

I'd lose Mount for Mane

Losing value? Don't see it - you've gained 0.4 really! I had no compunction in moving Pukki on at 7.1 on the same basis. there are stacks of options around the 6.5 to 7.5 range or so - you've had your ride and with Martial and Maddison you're likely to see another couple too.

Agree on Robbo - with Soy and Lund I'm not sure he's a priority right now.

1. Simple Man
                1 month, 20 hours ago

If I did only that move, I would have a lot of money itb. What do you think about Dendo to Mane. It is a bit of a luxury move but that way I dont sell Mount but have to bench one of the attacker always. My hope with it is to let the upcoming weeks decide who is the best to keep or sell, that way I dont make a poor decision right now just because I need to.

3. Nuno
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Can you do KDB and Mount to Salah and Mane?

1. Simple Man
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Yes, not bad but no City

1. Nuno
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

My thoughts from looking at Man City's fixtures are that they have tough games until GW21.
                  The luxury of having Salah and Mane is that you can get Sterling, KDB or both in straight swaps

1. Nuno
                    1 month, 20 hours ago

Obviously they're City but I think they can be matched by the cheaper mids

1. Simple Man
                      1 month, 20 hours ago

I like your point about the straight swap, Sterling is always just one move away from being in your team which I like, that move could be done in gw 18 where Liv have a blank

11. KingOllie
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Wow look at crystal palace's fixtures run.

Think Guaita (5.0) could be a good option? Only like .2 more expensive than the popular ex 4.5 keepers

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Would rather get kelly at 4.1

1. KingOllie
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Not nailed, second choice behind Ward

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Ward injured?

1. KingOllie

int break, so maybe kelly plays 1 or 2 games before hes back

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
                      1 month, 20 hours ago

Fair enough. Will monitor as I want to ditch this Mings muppet.

2. Nuno
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Is Kelly even going to keep the spot, Ward will be back surely?

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Not sure I thought he may be out for a while. But I'm not that clued up on palace.

2. Bouncebackability
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Ward won’t be playing anytime soon judging by his reaction leaving the pitch last game

2. 1912 F.A Cup Winners
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Definitely mate!! I’m looking at that!! I’m holding on the coz he’s about 96.1 on fpl stats so may drop to 4.9!!!

1. KingOllie

Perfect, 4.9 will be a bargain, he gets bonus when they keep CS's too

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Big time mate!! I have Heaton and so did some research last night a Henderson was the one I was guna switch for but after looking at Palace fixtures il probably go for Him!! Have Lundstram anyway so nice to cover 2 defences with excellent fixtures rather than one!!!

1. KingOllie
                    1 month, 20 hours ago

Haha exact same as me- think im wildcarding after this gwk, Heaton missing out yesterday was annoying.

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners
                      1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah it was mate!!! Cost me a place in the top 10k!!! Haha I’m 11k now!! Was well annoyed!!

2. pingissimus

Posted this a few times

He started the season as the best value keeper on last season's form and this year's price - was on course for around 160 points. All the cs came with him in goal last time out.

He had something very close to a 50% cs record against non top 6 oppo too last season. Only 3 cs so far this time but given the fixture run that means he's still got 3 of 7 non top 6 cs - so the record is still pretty much intact.

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Guaita mate????

2. KingOllie
                    1 month, 20 hours ago

nice analysis, deffo going tihs option when i wildcard next week !

2. pingissimus

That's my hope.

12. davies
            1 month, 20 hours ago

Ayew, Mousset or Connolly as 3rd striker?

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Mousset

2. Nuno
              1 month, 20 hours ago

If you're looking to play them then Ayew has some great fixtures after Liverpool

1. davies

Mostly bench

13. Miniboss

HI fellas

I’m on wildcard and ready to triple-up on Leicester. Which 2 would you go with, alongside Vardy?

A) Maddison
            B) Tielemans
            C) Söyuncu

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I've got AC and loving life.

1. Miniboss

Sounds fun, think I'll join the winner wagon 🙂

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

You won't regret it.

2. DA Minnion

A and C

3. Nuno

AC

4. moz_1983

AC

5. Miniboss
              1 month, 20 hours ago

thanks guys, seems we have a unanimous result here.

6. LewanGOALski
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I’m on mine to and going AC

14. Nuno

Pope (4.0)
            TAA Soyuncu Lundstram (Taylor Rico)
            Salah Mane Martial Maddison (Dendoncker)
            Vardy Abraham Jimenez

Leaves me 0.1ITB which would allow me to do Pope to Henderson.

Would you change anything about it?
            Tempted to have Pulisic over Jimenez but that will not give me the Henderson option.

1. CONNERS
              1 month, 20 hours ago

To be honest, I'd prefer Pulisic to Martial after next GW is done. Other than that, no changes required imo.

15. CONNERS

Hi all

Currently got the squad below with 1.5 ITB.

Pope
            TAA - Lund - Rico - Willems - (Lowton)
            Mane - Sterling - KDB - Tielemans - (Donck)
            Vardy - Abraham - (Connolly)

Considering two options. First one involves keeping 4-4-2 and just replacing Sterling with Salah.

The second is swapping out Sterling and Dendoncker for Son and Pulisic and going 3-5-2.

Which do your think is best?

Thanks

1. moz_1983

352 option for me.

2. CONNERS
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I'm swaying that way tbh, just a bit worried Salah will start hauling soon...

3. Nuno
              1 month, 20 hours ago

I think the 3-5-2 gives you a much stronger option, could do with upgrading one of your defenders (Lowton) to somebody like Soyuncu but not sure how much you'd have left in the tank

4. CONNERS
              1 month, 20 hours ago

Yes, need to get rid of Lowton as well. Probably get Tomori or Soyuncu if have enough £.

Thanks

16. Lukakus talking

Gazzaniga - Button

Söyüncü - Alexander-Arnold - Lundstram - Tomori - Pieters

Salah - Sterling - De Bruyne - Mount - Guendouzi

Wood - Jiménez - Abraham

2FT £0.0ITB

Subject to international injuries, is it worth doing Sterling + Wood to Vardy + Maddison/Martial for free?

Thanks in advance

1. CONNERS
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Yeah, good moves, (prefer Maddison to Martial).

1. Lukakus talking
                    1 month, 20 hours ago

Thanks, just not sure about Leicester double up, although they do have good fixtures.

Martial pretty central to anything good that United do.

2. Am sorry to say again it�…
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Who was it that brought in Cancelo and Mendy, and are they ok?

1. KingOllie

Mark lol

2. Le Bluff
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Mark Sutherns. Can't ever question him really with his track record. But yeah his team does look real 'differential' this year.

Parts of me think he's purposely going against the 'herd - most of his players are very lowly owned.

3. Dr. Rog
                1 month, 20 hours ago

To what extent are folks beefing up their bench as we head into the festive fixture congestion period?

I look at my own which at the moment reads Button Soyuncu Kelly Greenwood which has only 1 nailed starter and getting a bit concerned about that. I'd like 2 at least.

1. KingOllie
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

If you free up any money, Greenwood -> Ayew would be good.

Great fixtures and like 5.1m

2. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Good point to be fair. I've got Mings McGinn and Connolly as my bench... they all play but 2 of them play for villa and I kind of want to ditch them...

3. shirtless
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Button Rico Dendoncker Kelly. All three play enough and are rock bottom cheap. Technically Lundstram is my bench player as got him at 4.0, Rico at 4.3 replaced Ota last week.

4. Mr. Wizard

Pope
                TAA Soy Lund
                Sterling Mane KDB Mount
                Tammy Vardy Jimmy
                (Bench: Rico, Cantwell, Reid)

1FT, 0.2m ITB, suggestions?
                I’m thinking Sterling -> Mads?

5. Berbinho's Forehead

What to do with Mount?

A) Move to Tielemans.
                B) Wait a week and move to Zaha/Milivojevic.
                C) Wait 2 weeks and move to Grealish.

1. RamaJama

2. davies

Can’t do C this week?

1. Berbinho's Forehead
                    1 month, 20 hours ago

I can. Villa got United + Chelsea away in their next 3.

1. davies
                      1 month, 20 hours ago

Prefer Grealish to McGinn?

1. Berbinho's Forehead
                        1 month, 19 hours ago

Yeah, purely on personal preference.

3. Bergkamps second touch
                  1 month, 19 hours ago

Just keep him?

1. Berbinho's Forehead
                    1 month, 19 hours ago

Probably do this. Doesn't look like doing anything though.

6. LewanGOALski

as I can’t go TAA+Salah, which Liverpool duo would you rather have:

A) TAA + Mane
                or
                B) Robbo + Salah
                ?

1. RamaJama

2. Maddamotha

7. boc610

shearer's freudian slip last night on MOTD 2

" what do you want from the perfect milf...midfielder?" 🙂

1. Bouncebackability
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

He had Lisa Ann on his mind. Easy mistake to make.

8. Dr. Rog

Pope
                TAA Robbo Lund
                Sterling KdB Martial Mads Pulisic
                Vardy Abraham
                (Button Soy Kelly Greenwood)

Got two direction I can take from here
                1) Triple Liverpool defence - just bring in Allisson. Would have 0.3 left over which may just go into a Kelly upgrade if he continues to not start. Liverpools excellent XGc and the return of Allisson means CS are coming, lets not look in the rear view mirror. No Salah/Mane/Firmino (and 2 transfers to get them in) a bit of a worry. Probably locked into using the FH Chip for wk18.
                2) Sterling to Salah, and spread the 1.3m remaining on the bench with some Kelly and/or Greenwood upgrade. Sterling bosses all the stats again its only a matter of time before he gets some big scores. I can see the relative merit of fixtures but also think Sterling = Salah = Mane, and probably doesn't matter a great deal which one you go with.

1 is risky but would be a massive rank gainer if it works out, especially if Sterling gets his scoring boots on. 2 is pretty much template.

1. Maddamotha
                  1 month, 20 hours ago

Dont triple up, they are not that strong defensively. TAA and Robbo has good attacking potential, more than enough with those two.

1. Nuno
                    1 month, 19 hours ago

I think you'd want a captaincy option in the form of Salah or Mane

9. shirtless
                1 month, 20 hours ago

So the second spot in my team has gone from Tielemans>Martial>James>CHO. Now thinking of bringing Martial back to replace CHO again 🙂 That's half my transfers for one position ha ha 🙂

10. Bouncebackability
                1 month, 20 hours ago

Hanley flag change means he’ll likely drop to 3.9 tonight. I encourage you all to buy him as a budget enabler so he returns to 4mill before Christmas fixtures

1. Maddamotha