Features

Aleksandar Antonov wins 2019/20 Fantasy Premier League crown

A fantastic Gameweek 38+ for Aleksandar Antonov was enough for the Bulgarian to leap from third to first in the overall Fantasy Premier League standings and clinch the 2019/20 crown.

Aleksandar – who appeared as a guest on last Thursday’s Scoutcast – scored a whopping 93 points without the aid of a chip, with his successful captaincy of Kevin De Bruyne (£10.6m) proving key.

Double-digit hauls for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£10.9m) and Bruno Fernandes (£9.0m) also boosted his score, with almost 70% of his Gameweek 38+ total coming from those three aforementioned players.

The two managers who had been immediately above our new champion, Joshua Bull and erstwhile leader Chris McGowan, both used chips in Gameweek 38+ but were edged out on the final day.

Joshua used his second Wildcard and racked up 68 points, overtaking Chris but finishing 18 points short of Aleksandar.

Our runner-up captained Harry Kane (£11.0m) on the concluding afternoon of football but even if he had handed the armband to De Bruyne, would still have finished in second spot.

Above: Aleksandar’s winning team

Chris used his Triple Captain chip on Mohamed Salah (£12.5m), meanwhile, with the Egyptian only registering a ‘one-pointer’ after coming off the bench in the second half on Tyneside.

Again, though, handing the armband to his vice-captain, Raheem Sterling (£12.0m), wouldn’t have stopped Aleksandar from winning.

Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen had a Gameweek 38+ to forget after a memorable season, captaining Salah after taking a hit to bring the Liverpool winger in.

Magnus’s Gameweek score of 40 saw him drop from fourth to 11th in the overall standings.

Fantasy Football Scout Leagues

Aleksandar and Chris finished as first and second in our Fantasy Football Scout league, with Bill Wilkins claiming the bronze medal after a successful Free Hit on the final day.

Our Members League was won by Nathan Woollaston, who finished three points clear of regular contributor Lateriser.

Tom Russell claimed the third podium spot in that league.

Ismail Hossan Rasel was the victor in our post-restart mini-league, with TopMarx coming out on top amongst the Mods and Cons.

Congratulations to all of the above managers on their hugely successful seasons.

We’ll have more reaction to come on these success stories in the next few days and weeks.

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. FOO FIGHTER
      8 days, 58 mins ago

Going to be intersting to see if Pope gets slotted into teams at 6.0 next season.

KDB's price not going to be 9.5, thats for sure.

Price changes could turn the game upside down 😀

1. Meinhoff
        8 days, 52 mins ago

No one would buy Pope at 6.0 mil.

2. Le Bluff
        8 days, 51 mins ago

Other 4.5 GKs will be the go-to for their value. You may even be able to 'cover' Pope with the likes of Mee/Tark/Taylor/Bardsley.

Think the SHU centre backs could prove to be great value if they come in at 5.0. Wilder already stating that he wants more goals from them.

8 days, 30 mins ago

The only 4.5m GKs will be from promoted sides and maybe Southampton because of uncertainty of starts.

3. Kannbury
          8 days, 23 mins ago

If Cardiff get promoted Etheridge could be back (if he starts) was decent value last season!

• Scots Gooner
          8 days, 2 mins ago

I'd be keen on Patricio if he's priced cheaper than Pope next year. Wolves were solid at the back this season.

• masyuris

5.5 is realistic

4. Karan14
        8 days, 58 mins ago

How important are captaincy points and what points total should we be targeting from our captains over the season?
        How can we improve are captaincy choices? Should we do more upside chasing like Lateriser and try to get the best possible captain every week even if it means going against the most popular captain?

My Captaincy Points: 480 (12.63 PPG)
        Total Captain Points as % of Overall Score: 21.36%
        Rank: 141831

If I had 52 points more from my captain I would be in the Top 50k and if I had 112 points more from my captain I would be in the Top 10k.

1. FOO FIGHTER
            8 days, 56 mins ago

I want to rotate between two big hitters. Which ever one has a home fixture that week gets the cap. If both have a home fixture I will flip a coin.

• Le Bluff
            8 days, 44 mins ago

Captaincy makes or breaks your GW.

I think planning your captaincies multiple GWs in advance and looking at which fixtures to target can really help. I did that to an extent this season. Post restart, captaincies were more of a lottery with rotation, Pep Roulette, fatigue etc so this season was definitely an anomaly in that respect.

I think LateRiser is very unique with his upside chasing, and has reaped the rewards from it. I'm more of a conservative FPL player so tend to follow a different approach.

At the start of this season, everyone was on Salah/Sterling captaincy rotation which quickly went out the window, if I remember. I think the key is to be flexible and to try and plan your captaincies 3-5 weeks in advance.

1. Karan14
              7 days, 23 hours ago

I agree I've been let down too many times by my captain and I think I capped the wrong players.

Only time I've been successful with captaincy is after restart with Sterling and early season with Vardy. Capping KDB & Bruno only once each was a probably a mistake. I was probably trying to look for differentials when I should have gone safe.

• SADIO SANÉ
            8 days, 40 mins ago

think I beat your captaincy by more than 120 but had a similar rank - maybe we can team up next year 😀

it's pretty important but not the be all obviously

1. Karan14

Wow that's surprising!

I really need to improve on my captaincy and you need to improve on base points.

1. SADIO SANÉ
                7 days, 23 hours ago

I need to go through it but pretty sure my defenders were absolutely turgid - I once had triple Everton defence vs Newcastle, 2-0 up in 90 min, drew 2-2 haha, that was not good - my all or nothing ways need to be tempered

• Gooner Kebab
            8 days, 38 mins ago

There are plenty of brilliant sources of info (here, twitter, etc) - if you have time to dive into them, i'm sure you'd do better

• Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
            8 days, 33 mins ago

I was referring that question in the scoutcast hot topic.
            This is exactly my feelings that captaincy is much more important then what i thought.
            That is an interesting question, can we really improve our captaincy decisions, or it is just luck?
            For example,
            City put 5 against Norwich, KDB was thetop scorer.
            Against Watford, they put 4, Sterling was the top scorer,
            5-0 against Brighton, again Sterling the top scorer
            5-0 against Newcastle Dilva the top scorer
            etc etc
            it seems like you just take a ticket for the lottery. Or someone can shed light on how would any statistics or eye test can give answer to that conundrum?

• SHOOTER MCGINN
            7 days, 23 hours ago

Massively important. My captaincy points were 500 and finished at 8K (21.16% of score). Definitely value in captaining the best possible option every week, even if that means taking a hit to get them in, although it's not my usual strategy to switch out premium players.

2. rnrd
          8 days, 55 mins ago

hi
          what is the website address where you can find your points delta between your C and VC choice etc..?

thanks for your help !

1. Sandesh_
            8 days, 52 mins ago

anewpla.net

1. rnrd
              8 days, 51 mins ago

thanks !

3. Le Bluff
          8 days, 54 mins ago

Anybody else care to share their last 10 minutes pre-deadline yesterday?! As someone who was on a FH and was set on TAA and Salah in my team, I'll start...

14.45
          Frantically checking Twitter for any team leaks.

14.49
          Liverpool line up is leaked. Salah, Mane and TAA not in the starting line-up.

14.49 - 14.54
          Frantically trying to determine if the Twitter source is valid. Ultimately took the risk that it was valid.

14.55 - 14.49
          FH formation change from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3.
          Players OUT: TAA, Salah, David Silva, Greenwood, Connolly
          Players IN: Neco Williams, Antonio, Romeu, Jesus, Aubameyang

Ultimately, the Liverpool team leak proved to be a positive 19 point swing for me, and helped me go from 17,906 to an OR of 12,164.

I realise how 'lucky' I got with the team leak and was fortunate to react well by getting Auba and Jesus in.

Anybody else have a frantic last 10 minutes? For good or bad?

1. FOO FIGHTER
              8 days, 53 mins ago

Yes and mine was a complete ballsup :-D, nough said...

• Jon Walter's Hatty
              8 days, 49 mins ago

This site went down for me last 10 mins so I went on my hunch and got KDB in for Foden. If I had seen the City starting lineup I would have not done this so l dodged a bullet.

• FPLGraham
              8 days, 49 mins ago

Yeah made loads of transfers at 2:58 on FH.

Sterling (!), Salah, D Silva, Bardsley -> KDB, Son, Mahrez, Aurier. Switched captain to Jesus.

Then about 60 seconds later panicked at seeing Aurier in my line-up and binned him for VVD just as the clock hit 3pm.

No idea why I binned Sterling, think I saw a fake leak combined with 'Bib Theory'.

Net positive for sure points-wise, but lucky on Mahrez, and a bad way to 'do' FPL for sure. Will avoid in future!

• Goodbye Horses
              8 days, 46 mins ago

I set mine early and rolled with the punches with Salah. Life's too short to be flipping around the internet monitoring every sticky-fingered pleb on twitter. The deadline needs to be tweaked. Essential workers on the frontline with more important tasks at hand - they should be taken into account.

1. Le Bluff
                8 days, 40 mins ago

I completely agree. But while the information is there and available, people will use it, especially when cash mini-leagues and a season-long game is on the line.

The official FPL account mentioned early team news in a tweet last week so, if they're obviously aware that there are leaks, they may think to amend the deadline.

• Rasping Drive (BSC Small Bo…
              8 days, 45 mins ago

I saw the leaked Pool lineup but didn’t trust it. So went with my planned Bruno to Son trade (no FH)

Had I believed it, I would have probably done Mané to Son, so it kinda worked out for me.

• Gooner Kebab
              8 days, 43 mins ago

brilliant quick thinking off your feet

1. Le Bluff
                8 days, 39 mins ago

Thank you. Wanted to use the Salah and TAA money to get some more big hitters in. Fully aware of how lucky I was though - Auba was nowhere on my radar prior to 14.54.

1. Gooner Kebab
                  8 days, 37 mins ago

Luck has nothing to do with this game 🙂

• Supertrooper
              8 days, 34 mins ago

Overall good.

I still took out kdb to son on my last transfer at the very last second due to reading a fake leak that kdb was benched, that stung a bit.

• Pep bites Kun
              8 days, 9 mins ago

🙂 I was actually thankful yesterday that I'd used my FH in an earlier gw

I had 1 FT, so went Vardy -> Wood. KDB was my C. No way I would have stuck with KDB if on FH

There were some lucky last min calls and some horrendous 1 pointers

• Bossworld
              8 days, 8 mins ago

Similar story, ditched Lacazette, Brandon Williams and Salah for Kane, Egan and Son within 3 minutes of the deadline.

Won my ML by 8 points (main rival had Mane, and had captained KDB, so the two late goals were nervy and with LiveFPL down I was trying to do BPS calculations!) but it ultimately made no difference. For me, that highlights the fallacy of taking hits and point chasing.

Only took 3 hits all season.

2. MattLevett
            8 days, 54 mins ago

Well long term lurker and very occasional poster on here. Just managed to sneak in under the 60k mark. Won pretty much all my leagues. Slow and steady wins for me I guess. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/516895/event/47

1. Gooner Kebab
              8 days, 41 mins ago

Well done on 11 seasons!

1. MattLevett
                8 days, 23 mins ago

Cheers

2. Sizo

My 11th season as well!
              Similar season also, but 13 points behind you and loosing in all my money leagues.

3. Pasqualinho
            8 days, 53 mins ago

Best set and forget team found (so far) is:

Hendo
            VVD, TAA, Lundy
            Salah(C), KDB, Martial, Willian
            Jimi, Ings(vc), Vardy

Subs: Pope, Egan, Tarks, Cantwell

If you'd started with this team in GW1 you'd have won FPL. Without the need for chips or an additional unlimited transfer week.

1. antis0cial
              8 days, 44 mins ago

Why not KDB cpt, top points scorer?

1. Better off with a pin and a…
                8 days, 14 mins ago

Hard to be sure, but it may be because Ings fills in Salah's missing fixtures better than anyone fills in for KDB. For example, Salah didn't play GW 9, 13, 15, 30 and Ings scores those weeks were: 9, 6, 9, 11. That total could end up being better than the sum of KDB and the best match captain with him. Hard to be sure there isn't a better combination, but it is plausible.

1. Better off with a pin and a…
                  8 days, 12 mins ago

*best match vice captain with him*

1. antis0cial
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

That makes sense, I presume this team was affordable at the start of the season?

1. Better off with a pin and a…
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Not sure (it's nothing to do with me!), but it looks like it should have been?

1. Pasqualinho

Yes - comes in at 100 mil exactly

2. Pasqualinho
                  7 days, 23 hours ago

and Salah missed GW18 where Ings scored 13. Effectively Salah/Ings gets 281 points. For KDB/? to beat this the vc needs to have scored over 30 points in GWs 8,28,29 and 36 - and also score well enough in the rest of the season to get in the staring XI.

2. Gooner Kebab
              8 days, 34 mins ago

This is assuming you get all their points every gw?

1. Pasqualinho
                7 days, 23 hours ago

We get the starting XIs points, and when they were not playing the normal rules apply to see who's subbed in.

4. FPLGraham
            8 days, 53 mins ago

What price would these have to be for you to even consider them next season?

Pepe
            Alli
            Pogba

1. FOO FIGHTER
                8 days, 50 mins ago

Alli 6.5

The other 2 I would not consider at any price. Pepe trap after trap. Pogba just not a reliable asset.

• Berbs
                8 days, 50 mins ago

4.5m x3

• Goodbye Horses
                8 days, 43 mins ago

Can't see many buying either.

1. FPLGraham
                  8 days, 35 mins ago

Nah but y'know... play the game for #content purposes....

• andy85wsm
                8 days, 38 mins ago

£5.0m
                £8.0m
                £8.0m

1. FPLGraham
                  8 days, 32 mins ago

I believe you on two of those Andy.... Alli needs a discount.

• SADIO SANÉ
                8 days, 33 mins ago

all 8.0 at most, obviously wouldn't keep any of them for particularly long I imagine

• mynameisq
                8 days, 31 mins ago

7.5, 8.5 and 8.0

They won't underprice players from big teams, never do other than their breakout season. Even after bad form they can't come down that much because if they hit good form then they're too underpriced

1. FPLGraham
                  8 days, 20 mins ago

Wouldn't be surprised if those are the prices yeah, but surely you're not considering them at those price points (in general I mean, anyone could 'hit form'). I think it's really hard for them. But no-one will be owning Alli or Pogba at those prices barring an exceptional run of FPL points.

• Camzy
                8 days, 28 mins ago

Probably all at 7.5m. I think Pogba is easily the worst option though because he's playing behind 4 players that are all much more attacking and likely to get points.

• _sidney_will
                8 days, 13 mins ago

Pepe at 8m would be interesting

1. redsallstars
                    8 days, 6 mins ago

remeber start of season kdb and pepe were same price lol

• shirtless
                8 days, 46 mins ago

2399 points = 2620 rank (me)

2426 points = 921 rank (one ML winner)

Slim margins! Even with KdB captain instead of Dilva he'd have still edged me, but at least I'd have been in the top 2k still.

• rnrd
                8 days, 41 mins ago

I would you rate 203 benched points in FPL statistico? it's a bit over 5 per GW which sounds very good to me but I don't know how it compares?

1. SADIO SANÉ
                  8 days, 37 mins ago

mine was 162 and my bench is usually garbage - if it wasn't for starting with Cantwell GW1 it would be a lot lower - 200 seems ok. It doesn't really matter too much either way

• Will J 256
                  8 days, 38 mins ago

How much do you think ziyech will be next year?

1. Siva Mohan - Make more gree…
                    8 days, 33 mins ago

7.0 or 7.5

1. mynameisq
                      8 days, 30 mins ago

Almost no chance he'll be that low

8 days, 28 mins ago

8.5m or 9.0m.

I think at 8.5m he'll be a very nice differential to start the season if Chelsea have good fixtures.

3. _sidney_will
                    8 days, 12 mins ago

8.5m

• Siva Mohan - Make more gree…
                  8 days, 34 mins ago

No.9 - 105.3
                  No.10 - 105.6
                  No.11 - 103.8

Team value!

1. SADIO SANÉ
                    8 days, 32 mins ago

yeah, having players that score well will do that 😀

1. mynameisq
                      8 days, 30 mins ago

Cause and effect

8 days, 25 mins ago

I think team value is underrated. There's a pretty strong pushback against it by a lot of managers here but if you consistently have more money on the field than your opponent, you are likely to do better over the season.

It's not worth sacrificing points in the form of hits for, but if you can save some money here and there by making some early transfers, observing the price changes, you should do it. Those small edges can add up.

1. Better off with a pin and a…
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

I posted this yesterday as well, but TV was one big factor in my losing my mini-league. He could afford to keep Salah, KDB, Sterling and have both TAA and Robertson while I had to keep juggling between them. It's definitely a factor - particularly over a period where the premiums score well.

3. antis0cial
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

I had 107.4 team value but finished 3 points off top 10k. I clearly did something wrong 😀

• Jon Walter's Hatty
                  8 days, 34 mins ago

KDB and Bruno captain rotation based on fixtures next season I think. Absolute fulcrum of two very exciting teams (Dilva gone, Pogba gone in another way). The Salah/Mane conundrum is too tricky, I think TAA/Robbo is the way to go - notice with free kicks they are both over the ball.

1. SADIO SANÉ
                    8 days, 30 mins ago

wonder how easy a
                    Pope
                    TAA Robbo
                    Salah KDB Bruno
                    spine will be to achieve - might have to be a 352 with cheapo mids or a 451 with a turd front line

8 days, 23 mins ago

That's really rough. I think you'd need to play 4-4-2 with rotating 4.5ms and budget forwards.

Wouldn't really recommend it. I'm gonna only pick two of Salah, KdB and Bruno.

2. FALSE PROFIT
                      8 days, 20 mins ago

TAA only
                      Mids dependent on price but you may have to sacrifice one of them.

3. Jon Walter's Hatty
                      8 days, 20 mins ago

Prices of Foden and Puli will be interesting...could see those two in my midfield.

2. Le Bluff
                    8 days, 29 mins ago

I still feel that Salah needs to be included in any perma/rotation-captain debate. He's always there or thereabouts as top scorer at the end of the season.

1. Jon Walter's Hatty
                      8 days, 25 mins ago

Salah with ownership is an issue but I still put him 3rd in that midfield wishlist. Used to be a 343 man but now 352 all day and I think it will be another year of avoiding the premium strikers at least initially.

3. mynameisq
                    8 days, 25 mins ago

Can Bruno maintain the absolutely insane fpl form he's showing? Averaging 8.4 points per game is more than even kdb

1. Jon Walter's Hatty
                      8 days, 23 mins ago

Good question as he is totally shattered. Needs to make the most of this rest period.

4. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                    8 days, 20 mins ago

They're both perfect FPL players

Talismen, set piece monopolists, DFKs, Corners, Pens

Along with TAA who performs something of a similar role for pool (albeit from Right back!)

First 3 names on everyone's teamsheet I'd imagine?

The sooner they give Liverpool's penalties to TAA the better 😉

1. Jon Walter's Hatty
                      8 days, 17 mins ago

I think so and Robertson 4th. If you could then get a cheap Wolves guy in there like a Boly plus some decent rotating 4.5s or a playing 4.0 that is defence sorted.

5. antis0cial
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

Sterling has to figure in thoughts, he could well play a lot of time up top if Aguero gets limited minutes and Jesus can't be trusted.

• Berbs
                  8 days, 27 mins ago

Teams have to be given a minimum of 30 days off. Depending on how far they go in Europe, this may mean the likes of City, United and Wolves start the season with blanks and thus doubles pretty early.

8 days, 21 mins ago

As if they're gonna actually abide by the 30 days off rule...

2. Tomerick
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

They’ll get around it by saying they already had that time off when lockdown was on.

• Magic Hamster
                  8 days, 23 mins ago

In the weekly dream teams the most common formations were:

352: 34%
                  343: 21%
                  451: 13%
                  Other: 32% (5 different formations)

The average formation was 3.6/4.3/2.1...so essentially a 442...

Think next season I might look for a 442/352 with a rotating def/mid player.

I'm sure once prices/fixtures come out I'll change everything haha.

Hope everyone had a fun season!

1. SADIO SANÉ
                    8 days, 19 mins ago

I went through the top 5 OR (extensive research I know) and 352 produced the best average for 3 of them, and was a close second for one of the others - also the pool of players to pick from in midfield is much bigger, so having 2 more of them makes sense to me

2. FALSE PROFIT
                    8 days, 16 mins ago

Sounds good but send me a personal post and tell me what you end up doing.
                    343 could be your first choice.
                    5 defenders will give you better value for money (Not saying you should have 5 at the back but wing backs has still been relatively inexpensive.
                    I can see TAA at 9 mil next year.

8 days, 12 mins ago

Think this is really not a good indicator.

High scorers for a single week are often rogue defenders who score and get like a 15 pointer.

1. FALSE PROFIT
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Agreed but double figures seem to be more prevalent this year.

• FALSE PROFIT
                  8 days, 22 mins ago

I would be interested to know how people fared with their captaincy picks.
                  Getting 9 correct picks out of 38 was not great for me. I think it meant the difference between being in the top 5k and where I am 33k.
                  My additional points for captaincy was 253 ( an average of 6.6 points)
                  Anyone have their info, I would be pleased to know.

1. No Professionals
                    8 days, 11 mins ago

i struggled post lockdown, captained Jimenez (never a wise move as ceiling is so low and Kane when Fernandes was tearing it up). KDB yesterday was the only one i nailed. Chased the previous week's captain. There was never anything fundamentally wrong with my team.

Captain fails and no sterling (perhaps the only big miss) killed me.

1. FALSE PROFIT
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Did not hit one captain post lock down, yet my OR improved.

2. Hot Toddy
                    8 days, 1 min ago

For me a successful captain pick is double digits so 5 fpl points x2. Might not be the best available that gwk or enough for a green arrow but 10pts or higher is good enough for me. On that basis I whiffed captain pick on 12 occasions with scores of 6, 4, 4, 2, 6, 6, 6, 0, 6, 4, 4, 2.

Successful picks hauled regularly with 24, 12, 16, 18, 10, 10, 22, 24, 24, 10, 26, 32, 26, 20, 12, 48 (tc), 32, 14, 30, 42, 28, 14, 26, 16, 12, 18

Total 616pts

1. FALSE PROFIT

That is good. Your rank?

1. Hot Toddy
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

9240. Should have been a little higher but got way too drunk the night before gwk38+ deadline and missed it. Oops.

1. FALSE PROFIT
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Top stuff. The captaincy helped you for sure. You beat me by 43 points.

3. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

482 points in total - not great, 12.68 points per week

Two captains at 0 points or less (Son Red Card & Vardy pen miss)
                    13 captains at 1-6 points

GW1-GW35 captaincy netted me only 391 points too - My last 4 captains helped inflate things a little with an extra 91 points too - it could have been even worse

GW35 - Sterling 42 points
                    GW36 - Rashford - 24 points
                    GW37 - Rashford - 1 point
                    GW38 - Sterling - 24 points (Triple Cap)

1. FALSE PROFIT
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Yeah Mine is 253 x 2 plus an extra 16 for TC = 522 Overall rank? I had 40 pts more. It will be interesting how you did compared to me.

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Managed to get a top 10k - so it does kind of show that captaincy isn't the be all & end all either - but it's still a very important aspect of the game for sure

1. FALSE PROFIT
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

That is brilliant mate. I assure you, with a little more luck, you could bet into top 100.

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Cheers mate - was delighted to be fair - I've been trying to get my fifth Top 10k finish for a few years now, bit of a monkey off the back to finally get it...

Chomping at the bit for next season, lots of learning & thoughts to try out 🙂

Also TAA, Bruno, KDB, Ings, with KDB (C) Bruno (VC) just looks like such a solid FPL spine, hopefully works out that way

1. FALSE PROFIT
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

If anyone has half a brain, those will be picked. I will be interested in how players in CL EL will have time off. I hear some matches could be postponed in PL.

4. LAMELA_AND_CONSUELA
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

18/38, with assumption that mere assist from my capitan counts. I have had period between GW2-GW9 that I did not get any return from my capitans. I don't know how I finished inside 5K. Maybe becasue I always followed the herd and capitaned mos popular capitancy pick in FFS pool:I owned)

1. FALSE PROFIT
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Great score. The six extra you got would probably be the difference in our ranks. Mind You I did take 64 points in hits which is a weakness of mine.

• Camzy
                  8 days, 14 mins ago

Draft for a new team structure:

Lloris 4.0
                  TAA ArsenalDef 5.0m 4.0m 4.0m
                  Salah Sterling Fernandes Ziyech LeedsEnganche
                  Kane WBAFwd 4.5m

I think that's probably too expensive. Might have to downgrade one of Sterling or Fernandes.

1. _sidney_will
                    8 days, 10 mins ago

How much do you reckon Kane will be?

8 days, 4 mins ago

10.5m

His end of season form bumped him up another 0.5m.

2. No Professionals
                    8 days, 10 mins ago

yeah feels like Kane could be a strong choice.

I'll take mane over salah if he is slightly cheaper (probably the same price).

8 days, 1 min ago

That's one thing I definitely will NOT be doing. Picking Mane over Salah cost me 48 points in just two gameweeks.

The underlying stats also way favor Salah. He's more dangerous, shoots more and gets more big chances. He was also pretty wasteful this year. If he ups his accuracy, he'll get 25+ goals next year and be top scorer easily.

1. No Professionals
                        7 days, 21 hours ago

Mane scored 12 less points over the season.

Agree that salah is was wasteful, feels like he missed a guilt edged opportunity every time i watched.

3. waltzingmatildas
                    8 days, 1 min ago

What do you reckon price diff between Sterling and KDB would be?

12m KdB
                      11.5m Sterling

Something like that. Maybe even 11m for Sterling.

1. waltzingmatildas
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Hmm, I'd still be tempted by KDB - maybe been burnt too many times by Sterling. Can't wait to start tinkering!

7 days, 23 hours ago

Sterling has looked really good since restart and a break. I reckon he'll go from strength to strength next season. KdB will still score really well too but I reckon Sterling can outgun him if he keeps his form up for a season for slightly less.

1. waltzingmatildas
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Yeah true. Next season, I'm tempted to just pick my big hitters and leave them. Chopping and changing means I tend to miss hauls. And I think I trust KDB more than Sterling

4. Super Saints
                    7 days, 23 hours ago

I'm really not sure why Lloris and Arsenal Def are in there?

7 days, 23 hours ago

Hmm depends on the prices. I think Spurs defense will be the steal of next season. 2nd season Mourinho and they were already looking much stronger post restart. 4 clean sheets from final 9 games. Maybe I'll get Davies or someone like that at the back for them if not Lloris.

Arsenal GK at 5.0m could be great too. Arteta already has brought more defensive solidity to the team. If not, Wolves are always a strong bet. Patricio at 5.0m would be good.

1. pingissimus

Spurs I think I agree

Arsenal not for me. Think the City Liverpool games skew perspectives. After restart when Arsenal had quite ok fixtures they didn't keep anything more than base cs and conceded over average.

Arteta could change things around but the evidence so far is thin

• _sidney_will
                  8 days, 11 mins ago

Kieran Tierney will be a gem next season! Would love for him to come in a 5m but even 5.5m will be a good value!

1. liiusions

Went Bellerin over him as there was a chance Tierney could play in a back 3 🙁

Arsenal need to sign a couple of CBs before I consider investing in their defence next season

1. BurnMyBread
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Saliba is expected to be a significant improvement. Also, despite the shambolic display against Watford, our defence has been fairly solid since the restart.

2. BNMC
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

As an Arsenal fan I can tell you now that I'm really excited to see what he can do with a full injury-free season.

One thing I would say is I'm not sure about the formation going forward. I have no clue if the back 3 was a quick fix until we sign more players, or something Arteta plans to use long-term. Should the back 3 continue, I expect Tierney to play LCB and Saka the wing-back.

3. Bury94
                      8 days, 3 mins ago

So what will happen on here for the next few weeks? Just a ghost town? Hard to just switch off!

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                        8 days, 2 mins ago

Usually the break sees an uptick in the amounts of fights & arguments as people have less football to distract them 🙂

2. Tomerick
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Brace yourself. RMTs are coming.

3. STRANGER INGS
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Look at the time the top post was submitted... There's already a mass exodus.

4. liiusions
                      7 days, 23 hours ago

Who do we reckon will be the go to 4.5 keeper next season then? It is a shame Pope will be 5.5 and no one will pick him.

1. BNMC
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Whichever of Leeds's keepers starts more regularly.

• Camzy
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Probably the Leeds keeper. I think only the promoted teams, Brighton, Villa and Southampton will have 4.5m keepers. Maybe Sheffield United too if Henderson doesn't extend.

1. liiusions
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Sheffield United keeper could be a good shout.

Problem is with the Leeds keeper, Elland Road won’t as much as a fortress with no fans in it.

7 days, 23 hours ago

Yeah but Leeds under Bielsa will be by far the most disciplined of the promoted teams.

• masyuris
                          7 days, 21 hours ago

Villa GK - Leeds GK

• Trophé Mourinho
                          7 days, 21 hours ago

I’ll still pay 5.5 for Pope. Realistically who else you going to get at 4.5 who will come close? Give it 6 months and people will be once again saying “why didn’t I just get Pope”. The only alternative I really see that may be cheaper than Pope is Lloris, but they will probably be the same price.

1. Greek Freak
                            7 days, 21 hours ago

Pope will be a trap at 5.5 😉

Well, maybe not, but there is a chance. A lot of their players are on the wrong side of 30 (Bardsley is 35!), Dyche might go etc.

2. My Damned United
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

Happy Mondays everyone, just joined up for the first time to give this a try for next season.
                        Still trying to work out how to navigate around (on android) but cannot find an newbies guide thus far.
                        At the moment I am just trying to work out how to put up a profile picture like the rest of you seem to have.
                        Any help on either would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

1. Tomerick
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

You need to go on Gravatar to set your profile picture

1. My Damned United
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Thanks Tomerick, what is Gravatar?
                            Sorry, I am something of a technophobe 😀

1. Tomerick
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

No problem. I think it’s gravatar.com it’s a website that lets you link a photo to tour account and it uses it as the profile picture on multiple Wordpress websites. Be careful though as some people find that if they’re sending emails it also starts using that picture.

Welcome to the site and good luck for next season.

2. Pep bites Kun

Read over the FAQ - Search from top menu bar

1. My Damned United
                            7 days, 22 hours ago

Thanks for your help guys, I don't even have a FAQ option showing in either of the drop down menus above.
                            Only thing close was the "contact us" option.
                            The Gravatar site seems to want me to sign up to wordpress, create a web domain and so on and so on.
                            I don't think any of this is for me so I've just emailed to see if I can unsubscribe and get my subs back.
                            I'm sure it's a great site and tool for those who are more IT savvy but I don't even own a computer, just a basic smart phone.

Thanks again.

1. Pep bites Kun
                              7 days, 21 hours ago

Click 3 horizontal lines in top left corner

Search will appear in menu 3rd from bottom

Search for FAQ - you will need to scroll through some content, but it's all there

Good luck & welcome aboard 🙂

3. Wolves Ay We
                        7 days, 23 hours ago

The winner Aleksandar Antonov played his WC in GW2 and never looked back. Interesting.

1. SADIO SANÉ
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

another thing I always say I'll do but never actually do - you kinda get an extra free hit if you do it, I ended up using my WC1 at the last possible GW and it was pretty pointless

7 days, 23 hours ago

I'm in favor of early WCs too. It allows you to board the early bandwagons and build team value as well as hop on the correct bench fodder.

3. waltzingmatildas
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

I like that idea - especially with two for the season now. Maybe a bit later than GW2 though.
                          I think I hold off on using the WC until my entire team looks bad. But if I was to even just change a few, plus bench fodder, it could make a difference.

4. Easy Cheesy
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Tricky. Could easily have filled a team with mount, tomori, c wilson etc that then flopped

4. pingissimus

Bruno over Mo?

Penalties this season

United 14
                        Liverpool 5

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

100% - Bruno will (likely?) be a fair bit cheaper too

1. pingissimus
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Actually querying whether United can maintain that strike rate in getting pens.

Bruno was pretty mortal in the run-in. 2 assists in the last 5 and was dependent on pens for returns. He's a great asset for United no doubt but can see him being overpriced unless United get another 10 plus penalty season.

(Ederson not a bad call for final week after all. Only way to lose there for value was if captaincy fell on 3rd best City mid)

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Neville basically responded "why wouldn't they with their style of play" to the same question - I'd have to agree

Plus he might score more from play, or more from DFK's or get more assists - he's still very new to the league, and you'd expect Utd go again in the transfer market to improve the general quality of those around him

1. pingissimus
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

Question of value for me. Where do you see humbling priced?

If he's around 11 or even 10.5 I'm not clear that he's sufficiently explosive for a premium especially on week 1 funds. United scored a heap of goals after lockdown and I'd take that as a very high benchmark. And the penalty point remains. Were United to get 6/7 pens next season... Liverpool only got 5 after all and Chelsea 7 and neither were exactly defensive.

Also likely that Martial Rashford and Greenwood will all be a fair bit cheaper.

Raising the question.

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                                  7 days, 21 hours ago

I think he (Bruno) will be around 10.0 - 10.5 think he'll get away with being so new to the league

Pogba didn't get hit with a massive rise despite being that explosive when Ole came in, and having Penalties & DFK's & having a better career minutes per G/A than Lampard

Even in a situation where they don't get 14 penalties - some of those will end up being goals anyways

Overall I think there's more opportunity than risk to his scores to be honest

1. pingissimus
                                    7 days, 21 hours ago

At 10 I’d certainly try and squeeze him in - it’d be a really awkward price point though wouldn’t it. My doubts are getting him in ahead of a more explosive premium mid on week 1 budgets

9.5 and he’s defo in but that doesn’t seem at all likely

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                                      7 days, 21 hours ago

I personally think 10.0 would be an absolutely beautiful price point 🙂

2. waltzingmatildas

Bruno I think

3. FALSE PROFIT
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Bruno definitely proved himself. One thing I did pick up is when players are tired, their points as well as performances do too.

4. FALSE PROFIT
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Also rest time between CL and season start could have an impact.

5. FOO FIGHTER
                            7 days, 22 hours ago

Salah. Pity he was benched on the last day. Could very well have ended in a mother haul if he started.

• ManUnitedComeBack
                            7 days, 22 hours ago

Even though I attribute the drop-off in recent weeks purely to fatigue, I think this depends on price. Bruno at 10m over Salah at 13m.

But if Rashford does become a mid, and is around the 9m mark then I'd prefer him over Bruno, and similarly if Mane is >1m cheaper than Salah as he was this year then I'd prefer him.

1. pingissimus
                              7 days, 22 hours ago

That’s it - also week 1 budgets are really tight.

Not disputing Bruno’s quality or potential value but he feels as if he could be a player for a big budget squad if he comes in at over 10.0

1. ManUnitedComeBack
                                7 days, 15 hours ago

Agreed. This is also why I feel any discussion about next season's teams is meaningless before prices are announced.

Every player has a price at which I will not even consider them in GW1, and a lower price at which after some thought I will leave them out.

The only shoo-in for my FPL GW1 team is a 4.0m backup GK.

• Goonsquad245
                            7 days, 21 hours ago

In a straight shootout it’s Salah and not close. Bruno likely to be 2m cheaper minimum though. Probably end up with both!

6. Lukakwho
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

I wonder what some people’s opinions are on this. Next season, I can imagine Salah and Sterling will come in at around 12.5M again, and almost everyone who takes this game seriously will have both.

Why do FPL consistently price Salah at that price? It takes away the skill of the game to a point because to most players he is a no brainier. As the amount of points big players are scoring seems to be on the rise due to the “new” midfielder forward position, isn’t it time to take the price of players past the 13M mark. Id love to see Salah at 14M, Sterling at 13M, and mané close to this. By increasing the price of these big hitters there will be much more variety in teams and I think that’ll make a more fun game.

1. FALSE PROFIT
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

I would stick Salah, Sterling, Mane, etc to forwards.

1. Super Saints
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

They are most definitely forwards, they quite clearly play up top, fabinho hendo KDB etc are clearly the midfielder's in those teams so they should be classified as such.

2. Flaming Flamingo
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

I the likelihood of Aubameyang, Rashford, KDB and Bruno being premium mids this coming season will help, as more choice will hopefully lead to more diverse teams.

7 days, 23 hours ago

I'll bet you that neither Auba or Rashford will be mids this year.

Those two occasionally play CF and that will be enough for FPL Towers to keep them where they are.

1. Flaming Flamingo
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

Occasionally playing up top shouldn't be enough to classify you as a striker. Salah, Mane and Sterling have played centrally occasionally too, so FPL should be consistent and classify them all the same imo.

7 days, 23 hours ago

They should. But they won't.

2. Super Saints
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Auba and rashford are not midfielder's

1. Flaming Flamingo
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

They are as much midfielders as Sterling, Mane and Salah are.

1. Super Saints

See above, I clearly think sterling mane Salah are forwards

1. Flaming Flamingo
                                    7 days, 23 hours ago

So we are in agreement then, more or less. The problem with making wingers forwards in FPL is that there are only three striker spots and it would make filling midfield slots difficult. Also having more premium mids makes for a better game I think. Reclassifying wingers means the likes of Bruno and KDB would be in all teams, as Pulisic, Mane, Salah, Sterling, Mahrez etc. would all be strikers.

7 days, 23 hours ago

I think 12.5m is still pretty darn expensive and has a noticeable effect on the rest of your squad.

I'd like to see TAA get a price bump to match his PPG. Lots of people here seem convinced he'll be capped at 8.0m. Based on his past two seasons, he should be 9.0m.

1. Flaming Flamingo
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Some people are even convinced he'll be 7.5, which seems crazy to me. The whole point of pricing should be to try and make decisions difficult and exploring other options viable, at 7.5 Trent would be in everyone's team - it just doesn't make sense.

7. masyuris
                          7 days, 23 hours ago

Early team news seems unfair for many users, like cheat in games
                          It is very serious problem to be fixed next season

1. FALSE PROFIT
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

So simple to shut off 2 hors before or even the previous day.

2. ElliotJHP

I think mirroring GSC - 15 minutes before kick-off, is the best way forward

3. Le Bluff
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Nah, I disagree. FPL could move the deadline to counteract that.

While the information is there, people will use it. And it's not as if early teams news guarantees points; Mahrez didn't start but still outscored Foden and D Silva combined.

1. FALSE PROFIT
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Having the info is still unfair though.
                              The only thing is when an injury arrives without prior info is a bit of a bummer.

4. Champ
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

Agreed. And i have benefited from early team news

5. Gentle_Turks
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

I think calling it a very serious problem is over the top.

6. redsallstars
                              7 days, 22 hours ago

yep for sure. i could have used early team news but i didnt cause its unfair and the player i had sidebet with doesnt use it either. he beat me by 4 points. rather lose this way than seeing leaked team news and making changes. fpl need to make the deadline 15 mins earlier

7. hshepherd
                            7 days, 23 hours ago

This season was my first after having a break after a few years, so I was pretty rusty at the start! After GW8, my rank was 4 million.

I became a member of this site for the first time around GW8, and my form over the season improved a lot. My final rank is 350k, which isn't amazing compared to some here, but I feel pretty happy with this after my slow start. The stats on this site sure do make a big difference though and I will be a member next year!

8. BNMC
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Anyone expecting that DGW right at the start of the season to happen, or do we think FPL will just drag on GW1 to last forever?

1. STRANGER INGS
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

I honestly don't mind the dragging of the gw. Except for the fact that you have a 5 figure gameweek rank after the first 2 days then by the end of the gw your gwr is 2.5m haha
                                Otherwise it's football every day. That's heaven right there

• Scots Gooner
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Whats people's opinions on a permanent captain, say KDB, Bruno or Salah. Or a semi permanent, reassessing every 4 weeks for from/fixtures.

Seeing lots of posts from others who (just like me) lost a lot of potential points on the captaincy lottery.

Is this a viable strategy? It'd obviously require a lot of patience.

1. STRANGER INGS
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

I'm definitely trying it next season. My season changed after I stuck to bruno after the restart. The moment I started tinkering again things started wobbling

2. ElliotJHP
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

Captaincy is one of two choices you have every week really, alongside a transfer.

Surely it's better to keep it as a choice?

3. SADIO SANÉ
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

it's viable but clearly not optimal, if you always have 2 of the better ppg players and pick one of them you can't go miles wrong - or just have a list and stick to it; Salah Mane Sterling KDB Bruno Martial

4. CelticBhoy1
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

Yes def a viable strategy, so many pts I lost out if I just kept it on for example kdb the full season

• waltzingmatildas
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Is there a way to "follow" posters on FFS? I'm easily distracted by the "noise" but would still like to see what trusted posters are saying.

1. The Knights Template

Trust no one.

1. waltzingmatildas

Ha, ok 🙂

2. Brosstan
                                7 days, 22 hours ago

Bookmark their profile

1. waltzingmatildas
                                  7 days, 21 hours ago

OK yeah, good idea

• CelticBhoy1
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

Does anyone have stats on captaining players?

E.g. Sticking with one big hitter for the full season vs chopping & changing depending on form/ fixtures etc?

1. SADIO SANÉ
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

I'd be amazed if someone ever won FPL by perma-capping someone, I'd assume it's actually impossible but I could be wrong - what are we actually trying to do if not to win?

2. pingissimus

Try anewpla

Got 585 captaincy points. Good but not great. Started off rubbish but ended well. Very tame TC in Kane 38

10 blanks
                                12 low returns
                                7 decent hauls
                                9 biggies

Only went off piste once with Pukki. Others were mainstream following form over fixtures generally

3. Madderegern
                                7 days, 23 hours ago

Why not just do a check of your captaining skills?

Points gained on captaining vs. ie. Salah / Bruno / KDB's points.

In my case(other game), switching captains has made about 20 % more than not switching between mentioned players (roughly)... and Im about 20 % below average captain points for the top half of my ML.

• drughi
                              7 days, 23 hours ago

First time in 11 seasons outside 100k, really need new season to begin so I can shake this terrible season off my shoulders.