Pro Pundit Teams

FPL differentials to consider for Gameweek 17 and the upcoming Double Gameweek

With one eye on Gameweek 17 and the other on the Double Gameweek, Az looks at some low-owned FPL players to in his latest Pro Pundits piece.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas (even under strange circumstances) and are looking forward to the New Year and 2021.

I’m not going to focus this article on my team as Mark and I will be discussing what’s going wrong for me in our next episode of FPL BlackBox.

Instead, I’m going to present some differentials ahead of the upcoming Double Gameweek. I’m building my side out with the Free Hit in Gameweek 18 in mind, which leaves me free to plan who to have in place ready for Gameweek 19 – how exciting!

1. Mambino

Am I right in thinking I can use my free transfer after the GW17 starts then FH and my FH will count for GW18 but when GW 19 starts it will revert back to include the free transfer I used. Very poorly explained I'm afraid

1. Hotdogs for Tea

no, transfer will be lost and you will go back to your GW17 team for GW19

2. gooberman

Bruno leading the captain poll surprises me. Villas defence has been excellent and Utd can't play at home. 0-0 incoming. A rested Son against a Leeds team that won't change their attacking style will be my captain.

3. Rash

Whats my move here please?

Martinez

Lamptey

6. SimonAE

Martinez/Johnstone
    Zouma/Robertson/creswell/Reguilon/Mitchell
    Son/Salah/Fernandes/Raphina/Soucek
    Vardy/Adams/Bamford

Was looking at Reguilon to Justin this week - free hit for 18 then Zouma to Cancelo for GW19 and bench boost??

Grateful for any advice??

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

You seem fairly well set for it. But if I was doing BB I would want a better option than Mitchell. I would be tempted to -4 and get Rodrigo instead of Adams and use the cash and any in the bank to get a West Ham player or Taylor from Burnley.

1. SimonAE

Sounds spot on. Perhaps not Taylor though as I think he’s injured. Might go Lowton.

7. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

I looked what I could do with my team to get a decent BB team. But it would still cost me a -8.
    The -8 would be likely cancelling out any half decent bench boost anyway.

I will likely go for a TC on KDB or Sterling.

Keeping Ferguson and Brewster for me with Martinez/Johnstone on the bench with one of Justin/Dier as the other option seems OK. With no -4's.

I was wondering what people's opinion on Justin v Dier is gw 19? I will have to bench one. Dier seems like a locked on 6 points v Sheff United. But Justin could concede in both games Chelsea and Southampton. However, Justin has assist potential.

Also If you had to start only one goalkeeper no bench boost between Martinez and Johnstone. Wolves (a Derby) and West Ham (Hardly goal hungry teams) v West Brom looked like the better choice? Martinez has Man City and Everton.

For Gw 17 my team will be the following

Martinez (Johnstone)
    Justin, Robertson, Dier (Cancelo, Ferguson)
    Son, Salah, Soucek, KDB, Sterling
    Watkins, Wilson (Brewster)

I will likely go Rashford in for Son gw19 and Rodrigo in for Wilson two Frees.
    Gambling on a 2-4-3 for gw18

1. SimonAE

With the Man City DGW I’d play Cancelo and Justin ahead of Dier in GW19

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

Right thanks.

8. SimonAE

KDB and Sterling could be serious differentials for GW 19

9. bso

Anyone know if Cooper is likely to start this week? Thanks

10. Saka_me_sideways

Just got Sky Q installed. Sean Dyche looks horrendous in UHD!