Pro Pundit Teams

Two-time FPL champion of India: The players to target for the season run-in

The Fantasy manager with three top 200 overall ranks to his name, Lateriser, picks out the players that we should be considering for the final eight Gameweeks of 2020/21.

The final stretch is here and with this article, I’m going to recommend a few players that you should be looking at – and I’ll be throwing in some statistics along the way.

Looking at the Season Ticker until the end of the campaign, Liverpool seem like the obvious team to target, especially after their result in the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Real Madrid.

I wouldn’t let the fact that they conceded three goals in Spain dissuade me from investing in their defence. There is a huge difference between Real Madrid and the kind of opposition they are about to face in the last eight Gameweeks of the season. In addition, it looks likely that Liverpool are not going to be involved in the Champions League going forward, so there is a considerably lesser risk of rotation in the final quarter of the campaign.

The Reds’ underlying numbers have improved considerably, as well.

What is FPL Upside Chasing and how can I implement it in 2020/21?

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.

1. FPLMACKEM

Current WC draft.

Mendy, Forster
    Coady, Holding, Rudiger, TAA, 4.1?
    Salah, Jota, Bruno, Neto, Son
    Vydra, Kane, Iheanacho

What are peoples thoughts on this?

1. Echoes
        9 days, 8 hours ago

May be lose TAA and do Iheanacho -> Vardy? Don't quite see the value in TAA right now, tbh.

• JabariParkersEyelid
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Your front 7 is good enough to drop Vydra to fodder and make that defence a bit sturdier.

Lots of value in cheap defenders who can cover some benchings.

• Tonyawesome69 FHXX
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Looks decent. Bench is a bit light with Vydra, Holding and 4.1.

2. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
      9 days, 8 hours ago

RP - How does the latest draft look? Dallas and Coufal are the only two I'm uncertain of. Budget of 9.7

0itb and FH left
      Mendy Forster
      Rudiger TAA Shaw Dallas* Coufal*
      Son Lingard Bruno Jota Salah
      Kane Nacho Davis

1. JabariParkersEyelid

Dallas to Fofana?

Don't mind the Coufal pick personally, considering it myself. But I'm on Veltmann for the 33 fixture.

Overall looks great.

1. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
          9 days, 8 hours ago

Fofana is probably the player I should go for since they have decent upcoming fixtures. With Dallas I was more thinking about their last 4-5 fixtures and he is OOP.

I currently have Cresswell (since GW19) but since the change to 5ATB due to Rice out and Noble as the placement, he is less appealing even tough he is on most set pieces. The WBs in the back 5 is interesting. What is your thoughts on Masuaku vs Coufal?

1. JabariParkersEyelid
            9 days, 8 hours ago

If Masuaku is nailed to start he is a stronger pick I think, FFGeeks attacking defender ratings has him very high for the season.

I'm not a hammers fan so I'm not sure though, whereas we know Coufal will play.

1. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
              9 days, 8 hours ago

I'll need to look into this further. I know he is just back from a long injury.

2. Karan14

Very nice team.

Maybe get a Villa def (Konsa) instead of one of Coufal/Dallas for their pending DGW.

Holding & Coady/Swiss also worth considering for Arsenal & Wolves good run of fixtures.

1. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
          9 days, 8 hours ago

I think I will stay away from Villa and Wolves def. I'm not convinced. Plan to have 2FTs after GW32 to react to blanks and doubles. Holding is interesting. How long do you think Luiz is out for? Latest info I read is he is available for selection in the upcoming weeks

3. JollyGoodYellows
      9 days, 8 hours ago

Anyone care to pick apart my WC draft?

Mendy Forster
      Dias TAA Shaw Holding Veltman
      Salah Bruno Son Lingard Jota
      Kane Nacho Davis

1. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Looks decent. Bench is a bit light with Holding, Davis and Veltman.

2. Rocky FPL
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Thats Essentially my WC team.
        If I have to nitpick, you will be playing Davis in GW33. Holding is a bit risky. Veltmans fixtures are meh.

3. rubberdignerapids
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Not a big fan of Davis or Holding, but the team looks fairly template to other WCs and so not much else to fault

1. JollyGoodYellows
          9 days, 8 hours ago

Could downgrade Dias to upgrade the bench but I don't like going without any City.

4. Little Red Lacazette
        9 days, 7 hours ago

That is my midfield. So I like it.

4. rubberdignerapids

Bench in correct order and good to go? -4 taken this week already

Martinez
      Phillips / Shaw / Cresswell
      Bale / Auba(c) / Salah / Jota / Lingard
      Kane / Nacho

Subs- Fabri / Reguillon / Watkins / Struijk

0.7 itb

1. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Watkins ahead of Reguillon.

5. Champ
      9 days, 8 hours ago

I’m seriously considering holding Raphina on WC despite fixtures. There’s goals in Leeds and still only 6 teams with more scored - I don’t see them sitting back now and expect them to push on for table position.

Ok, immediate fixtures are tough but, in the corresponding games before he joined, Leeds still managed to put 3 past Pool at Anfield, drew with City and Raphina himself managed 2 assists away at United despite the thumping.

The thing is, unlike say Gundo, we know he will start and also has multiple avenues with goals and assists and the BAPs, has the stats to back it up, is still great value and I would want him back anyway for his decent run in and in the meantime he wouldn’t embarrass

Yes, I could plan to get him back later, but have found in the past that events usually overtake those after even a week or two...

1. KLOPPS AND ROBBERS... the s…

I held on to him.
        Assured starts in an attacking team at a good price

2. Mr. O'Connell
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Thinking the same with him and Dallas. Benchable this week as well, but Liverpool and United aren't terrible fixtures really.

Only problem with Raph is there are loads of midfield options on WC, I'm struggling to fit him in.

3. JabariParkersEyelid
        9 days, 8 hours ago

I just think there's so many good midfield options right now it's tough to justify holding him when I want to play 3 5 2 every week.

4. Tonyawesome69 FHXX
        9 days, 8 hours ago

I'm not against keeping Raphinha on WC. He is involved in everything from an attacking perspective. I just prefer Lingard over Raphinha at the moment.

5. pingissimus

Agreed

One wrinkle is that there are more interesting mids than forwards in the budget range right now so it seems easier to lose him than Bamford. The other is that his actual points total is still fairly ho hum. He's taking on nearly man status. Things just aren't falling his way.

6. Free Hat
      9 days, 8 hours ago

Genuine question for next week.

Is there much upside in using the TC chip on a player like Kane with probably a high EO and high cpt candidate for everyone.

Or better put the chip on hold for a villa, sou, eve dgw player with less EO...?

1. rubberdignerapids
        9 days, 8 hours ago

Yes because a lot of active players have already used their TC. Stop thinking about EO and just think about who will realistically score the most points with the TC armband...the longer you wait for an opportunity to use this chip, the less fixtures you’ll have available for you to do so.

I’d go for it next gw

1. Free Hat

True

2. JabariParkersEyelid
        9 days, 8 hours ago

I'm not going to over think this personally. Kane is in red hot form for a top 4 chasing side with the golden boot in his sights.

If he brings in 20 points over 2 games (ambitious but not impossible) you are 20 points up on everyone who captained him. That's massive.

1. Free Hat

Also true

3. pingissimus

You left out Palace 🙂

Not actually being facetious here. There looks to be a good chance that Palace get a SHU and Southampton double. Zaha is still well up there on ppg among mids - level with Maddison and Barnes for instance,

1. Free Hat
          9 days, 7 hours ago

Not a bad cpt punt if true.

7. Crazy RedDevil
      9 days, 8 hours ago

Whom to transfer gundogan or Raphina?

1. Holmes

Keep both?

Get rid of Gundogan next week

1. Crazy RedDevil
          9 days, 7 hours ago

Have to get rid of one for lingard...will gundogan start this week?

1. JabariParkersEyelid
            9 days, 7 hours ago

I've had Lingard for a few weeks now. I'm not expecting much against a very good Leicester side though. Don't think it's a great entry point.

If you must then I'd sacrifice Raph.

1. Crazy RedDevil
              9 days, 7 hours ago

Then suggest pls between jota & lingard?

1. JabariParkersEyelid

Jota all day.

2. Holmes
            9 days, 7 hours ago

Tough to predict. Probably get rid of Gundogan.

2. grumpyman
        9 days, 7 hours ago

The potential upside of Gundog is so high against Leeds I wouldn't transfer him out. My captain this week.

8. LloristheHounds
      9 days, 7 hours ago

A) bruno, raphina(bench), Philips 4.0 livo(bench)
      Or
      B) salah, amartey(bench), Smith rowe(bench)

9. The Mantis
      9 days, 7 hours ago

Is it worth making any changes this week or save for 2 FT's in GW32 and then WC33?

Sanchez (Martinez)
      Dias / Digne / Azpi (Dallas / Lowton)
      Salah (c) / Raphinha / Mount / Son / Gundo
      DCL / Kane (Bamford)

Thanks

10. b91jh
      9 days, 7 hours ago

Stupid to go with no Son/no plan to Son on WC? Dgw but the price point is strange and the form is really not here. Trying to squeeze Reguilon and Kane (or just Kane) into the squad instead of Son and it still looks well.

11. Zola
      9 days, 7 hours ago

A) TAA and Son (+ 0.6 change)
      B) Dias and Salah

On a WC and this is my last decision. Pondering B and switching Salah to Son for DGW, then back to Salah again (though means missing out on Leeds away).

Rest is:

Mendy, Forster

Shaw, Saiss, Rudiger, Phillips

Bruno, Jota, Lingard, Neto

Kane, Vardy, Ihenacho

Going with the Leicester double up initially and will move Kelechi on when he loses his place.

12. MagiAladin

My current players:
        Mendy, Areola
        Christensen, Keane, Rudiger, Dias, Shaw
        Lingard, Fernandes, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Son
        Kane, Antonio, Brewster

Any suggestions? Am scared for Pep rotation...
        Should I swap Christensen or Rudiger for an Arsenal defender?
        And who should I swap from the midfield?
        Antonio might be injured too but dunno who to swap for him as well

• BerryMaze

WC team gtg?

Martinez Forster

Rudiger Coady Phillips (Holding, Veltman)

Bruno Sterling Lindgard Salah Jota

Kane Iheanacho (Vydra)

GW 32: Sterling to Son

• SharkyT
        9 days, 6 hours ago

On WC. Pick one from each:

A) Mendy
        B) Leno
        C) Martinez (have 0.5m value in him)

1) Gundo

9 days, 6 hours ago

w/c
        Forster Mendy
        Holding Rudiger Shaw Coufal Phillips
        Salah Lingard Bruno Son Jota
        Lacazette Ineanacho Kane

BB GW32 so thinking since Rudiger will likely be rested, changing Rudiger & Lingard for Alonso & Saka?

• LloristheHounds
        9 days, 5 hours ago

WC!
        Mendy(Forster)
        Alonso, rudiger, Phillips(coady, holding)
        Salah, Bruno, jota, Gundogan(raphina)
        Kane, vardy, ihenacho

Thoughts??

• Zen Arcade
        9 days, 2 hours ago

Good article as always, LR.

I think you're right on Maddison. I brought him in in a panic ahead of one of the big DGWs with about five minutes to go to the deadline while I was having a bath. I gave no thought to the decision other than that he was the right price to be a makeweight which allowed me to have Salah. He was then fantastic 'til he got injured.

I really like the point about him having to play for a place in the Euros.