This table displays a list of expected set-piece takers for each Premier League side, with the players listed in order of prominence at dead-ball situations. They are based on a mix of information gathered from last season’s matches, Opta statistics, pre-season friendlies and also the player’s role at previous clubs and predicted role at new sides.
The list will be updated constantly as new information becomes available on assigned set-piece takers. It will also be refreshed throughout the season as roles chop and change.
Last Updated by Neale
Updated: All clubs
|Club||Penalties||Direct Free Kicks||Corners & Indirect Free Kicks|
|Arsenal||Aubameyang, Pepe, Lacazette||Willian, Xhaka, Pepe, Luiz, Lacazette, Aubameyang||Pepe, Willian, Saka, Ozil, Torreira, Nelson|
|Aston Villa||Wesley, El Ghazi, Grealish||Hourihane, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Douglas Luiz, Targett, McGinn, Grealish||Hourihane, Grealish, McGinn, Targett, El Ghazi, Trezeguet|
|Brighton and Hove Albion||Maupay, Groß||Dunk, Groß, Alexis Mac Allister, Solly March||Groß, Alexis Mac Allister, Solly March, Trossard|
|Burnley||Barnes, Wood, Rodriguez||McNeil, Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brady||Westwood, McNeil, Gudmundsson, Brady|
|Chelsea||Jorginho, Barkley, Abraham||Mount, Alonso, Barkley, Emerson, Giroud||James, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Emerson, Pulisic|
|Crystal Palace||Milivojevic, Van Aanholt, Benteke, Townsend||Milivojevic, Van Aanholt, Townsend||Milivojevic, Van Aanholt, Eze, McCarthy, Townsend|
|Everton||Sigurdsson||Digne, Sigurdsson, Bernard||Digne, Sigurdsson, Rodríguez, Bernard, Walcott|
|Fulham||Mitrovic, Kamara||Kebano, Mitrovic, Knockaert, Cairney, Bryan||Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Bryan, Cairney, Johansen, Kebano|
|Leeds United||Klich, Bamford||Phillips, Douglas, Hernández||Phillips, Douglas, Hernández, Harrison|
|Leicester City||Vardy, Ayoze Pérez, Maddison, Gray, Iheanacho||Maddison, Fuchs, Gray, Tielemans||Maddison, Tielemans, Albrighton, Gray|
|Liverpool||Milner, Salah, Mane, Firmino||Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho, Shaqiri||Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Williams, Milner, Shaqiri, Salah|
|Manchester City||De Bruyne, Aguero, Gündogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling||De Bruyne, Mahrez, Gündogan, Sterling||De Bruyne, Mahrez, Gündogan, Bernardo Silva, Foden|
|Manchester United||Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard||Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Fred, Pereira||Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Pereira, Mata, Rashford, Shaw|
|Newcastle United||Ritchie, Almirón||Shelvey, Longstaff, Schär, Ritchie, Gayle||Ritchie, Shelvey, Longstaff, Atsu|
|Sheffield United||Norwood, McGoldrick, Sharp||Norwood, Fleck||Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram, Osborn|
|Southampton||Ward-Prowse, Ings||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand, Redmond||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand|
|Tottenham Hotspur||Kane, Son, Alli||Kane, Lamela, Dier, Son, Lo Celso||Son, Lo Celso, Lamela, Winks, Lucas Moura, NDombele|
|West Bromwich Albion||Austin, Robson-Kanu, Zohore||Matheus Pereira, Phillips||Phillips, Matheus Pereira, Grosicki|
|West Ham United||Noble, Antonio, Lanzini||Cresswell, Bowen, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Rice||Snodgrass, Bowen, Noble, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Cresswell, Fornals|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers||Raúl Jiménez, Ruben Neves||Ruben Neves, Moutinho, Saiss||Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Pedro Neto, Daniel Podence|
- Arsenal: Emery confirms that Aubameyang is his main penalty-taker. Pepe subsequently scored in the FA Cup quarter-finals with Aubmeyang uninvolved but Lacazette on the pitch.
- Burnley: Wood and Barnes take penalties that they themselves win
- Chelsea: Lampard confirms Jorginho as his first-choice taker less than two weeks after contradictory quotes on the Chelsea spot-kick running order. William’s three post-lockdown penalties all came with Jorginho off the pitch.
- Crystal Palace: van Aanholt took a penalty in Milivojevic’s absence in GW8, although Benteke and Townsend – who took spot-kicks in 2018/19 – were benched.
- Manchester City: Guardiola suggests that Gundogan and Aguero are his joint-first leading penalty-takers after Gameweek 25. Both players subsequently missed a spot-kick and De Bruyne scored from 12 yards in the Champions League, with Gundogan and Jesus on the pitch. Mahrez scored against Burnley in Gameweek 30+ with De Bruyne, Aguero and Gundogan off the pitch. Sterling took and missed one in Gameweek 37+ but seemed to have taken it upon himself to overrule De Bruyne and seek out a personal goal tally.
- Manchester United: Rashford and Pogba both nominated penalty-takers at Manchester United as of Gameweek 3, although Martial stepped up to take one in Gameweek 10. Fernandes joined the club in January and took one in Gameweek 26. He has alternated with Rashford since the restart.
- Southampton: Ings stepped up to take a penalty in Gameweek 37+ as he pushed for the Golden Boot.
- West Ham United: Moyes confirms Noble is his “normal” penalty taker despite Antonio scoring from the spot in Gameweek 37+.
The Members’ table below, meanwhile, details the list of players who are prospering at indirect free-kicks and corners – i.e. those getting on the end of set-piece deliveries.
The table lists the players with the most number of headed attempts from set plays in 2020/21.
The three players with the most headed attempts from each team will be listed.