This table displays a list of expected set-piece takers for each Premier League side. They are based on a mix of information gathered from last season’s matches, the Opta statistics, pre-season friendlies and also the player’s role at previous clubs and predicted role at new sides.
The list will be updated constantly as new information becomes available on assigned set-piece takers. It will also be refreshed throughout the season as roles chop and change.
Last Updated by Neale
Updated: All clubs
|Club||Penalties||Direct Free Kicks||Corners & Indirect Free Kicks|
|Arsenal||Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe*||Pepe, Luiz, Aubameyang, Lacazette||Ozil, Pepe, Ceballos, Torreira, Nelson|
|Aston Villa||Wesley, El Ghazi, Grealish||Hourihane, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Targett, Luiz, McGinn|
Hourihane, Grealish, Targett, El Ghazi, McGinn, Trezeguet
|Bournemouth||King, C. Wilson, Stanislas||H. Wilson, Fraser, Billing, Stanislas, Rico||Fraser, Rico, Stanislas, Brooks, H. Wilson, Surman|
|Brighton||Maupay, Murray, Groß||Groß, Dunk, March||Groß, Mooy, Trossard, March|
|Burnley||Wood/Barnes*, Rodriguez||McNeil, Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brady, Hendrick||Gudmundsson, Westwood, McNeil, Brady, Hendrick|
|Chelsea||Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Abraham*|
Mount, Willian, Alonso, Barkley, Emerson
|Willian, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, James, Emerson, Pulisic|
|Crystal Palace||Milivojevic, van Aanholt*, Benteke, Townsend||Milivojevic, van Aanholt, Townsend||Milivojevic, van Aanholt, Townsend, McCarthy|
|Everton||Sigurdsson, Baines||Digne, Sigurdsson, Baines||Digne, Sigurdsson, Baines, Bernard|
|Leicester City||Vardy, Perez, Maddison, Gray, Iheanacho||Maddison, Fuchs, Tielemans||Maddison, Chilwell, Tielemans, Albrighton|
|Liverpool||Milner, Salah, Mane, Firmino||Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Henderson, Shaqiri||Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Salah, Milner, Shaqiri|
|Man City||De Bruyne, Aguero/Gundogan*, Jesus, Sterling||Mahrez, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling||De Bruyne, Mahrez, Gündogan, B Silva, Sané, D Silva|
|Man Utd||Fernandes, Rashford/Pogba*, Martial, Mata, Lingard||Rashford, Fernandes, Mata, Fred, Pogba, Pereira||Fernandes, Fred, Pereira, Mata, Rashford, Shaw|
|Newcastle||Ritchie, Almiron||Shelvey, Ritchie, Schär, S. Longstaff||Ritchie, Shelvey, Lazaro, S. Longstaff, Atsu|
|Norwich City||Pukki, Vrancic, McLean, Cantwell*, Stiepermann||Buendia, Duda, Vrancic, McLean||Duda, Buendia, McLean, Cantwell|
|Sheffield United||Norwood, McGoldrick, Sharp||Norwood, Fleck||Norwood, Fleck, L. Freeman, Lundstram|
|Southampton||Ward-Prowse, Ings||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand, Redmond||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand|
|Tottenham Hotspur||Kane, Son, Alli||Lamela, Kane||Lamela, Son, Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele, Lucas Moura|
|Watford||Deeney, Deulofeu, Pereyra, Cleverley, Gray||Deulofeu, Pereyra, Capoue, Chalobah, Holebas||Hughes, Masina, Pereyra, Chalobah, Deulofeu, Holebas,|
|West Ham||Noble, Lanzini||Cresswell, Lanzini, Yarmolenko||Snodgrass, Cresswell, Noble, Lanzini, Fornals, Anderson|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers||Jiménez/Neves*||Moutinho, Neves, Saiss||Moutinho, Neves, Neto|
- Arsenal: Emery confirms that Aubameyang is his main penalty-taker
- Burnley: Wood and Barnes take penalties that they themselves win
- Chelsea: Lampard confirms Jorginho as his first-choice taker less than two weeks after contradictory quotes on the Chelsea spot-kick running order
- Crystal Palace: van Aanholt took a penalty in Milivojevic’s absence in GW8, although Benteke and Townsend – who took spot-kicks in 2018/19 – were benched.
- Manchester City – Guardiola suggests that Gundogan and Aguero are his joint-first leading penalty-takers after Gameweek 25. Both players subsequently missed a spot-kick and De Bruyne scored from 12 yards in the Champions League, with Gundogan and Jesus on the pitch.
- Manchester United: Rashford and Pogba both nominated penalty-takers at Manchester United as of Gameweek 3, although Martial stepped up to take one in Gameweek 10. Fernandes joined the club in January and took one in Gameweek 26.
- Norwich City – Todd Cantwell was the designated taker in the FA Cup third round but Pukki, Vrancic and McLean – all of whom took a penalty in 2018/19 – weren’t on the pitch.
- Wolves: Neves and Jimenez are said to alternate spot-kicks
The Members’ table below, meanwhile, details the list of players who are prospering at indirect free-kicks and corners – i.e. those getting on the end of set-piece deliveries.
The table lists the players with the most number of headed attempts from set plays in 2019/20.
The three players with the most headed attempts from each team will be listed.