Harry Kane (£12.5m) is the latest returning World Cup star to be thrust straight into Fantasy Premier League action for Gameweek 1.
The England striker, owned by 31.6 percent of managers, was considered a doubt for Spurs’ trip to Newcastle but his determination to start has won out.
It is another example in less than 24 hours of players who went the distance in Russia coming back to competitive action for their clubs much earlier than expected, much to the disappointment of Fantasy managers who steered clear of them.
Jan Vertonghen (£6.0m), Eric Dier (£5.0m) and Dele Alli (£9.0m) also made it into the starting line-up for Spurs.
However, one player who did not make the cut was Kieran Trippier (£6.0m). He was picked in 26.7 percent of Fantasy squads for Gameweek 1, but was not even named on the bench.
There is considerably less interest in Newcastle’s options for this match. Jamaal Lascelles (£5.0m) is the most fashionable Magpie with 9.2 percent ownership, with those managers buying in for his goal threat rather than hopes for a clean sheet.
NEWCASTLE UNITED XI (4-4-2): Dubravka; Dummett, Clark, Lascelles, Yedlin; Kenedy, Shelvey, Diamé, Ritchie; Joselu, Pérez.
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR XI (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Davies, Vertonghen, Sánchez, Aurier; Sissoko, Dier; Lucas, Eriksen, Alli; Kane.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.