Jay Egersdorff is not afraid to make bold moves.
It’s been a key feature of a stellar Fantasy Premier League career that has seen him finish within the top 10,000 in all but two of his previous 12 campaigns.
This track record includes three top 1,000 finishes, two of which saw him miss out on a spot in the top 100 by less than half a dozen places. He is also the reigning Career Hall of Fame number one, having topped our list at the end of last season.
Jay joins me in our latest Meet the Manager video to look over his impressive career and explain more about his rationale for making bold moves, often involving multiple hits.
Sometimes they can be costly, as with last season when he gave up a place in the top 100 by taking three hits and jettisoning Harry Kane ahead of back-to-back hat-tricks.
That failed “Kanexit”, as well as this season’s Kane-related disaster, are discussed, as are the times when being a maverick has paid off.
This includes his decision to improve his squad by swapping Mohamed Salah for his cheaper teammate, Sadio Mane, this season. With green arrows ever since he looks to be well on his way to overturning a disastrous start that saw him almost edge out of the top one million places back in Gameweek 6.
Jay also explains how he is unable to move to his favoured 3-5-2 set up and why he is happy to play the patient game for now. Although given his career history, another maverick move may be just around the corner.
The chat with Jay is available to view on Youtube here and in the embedded video below.
Previous Meet the Manager interviews:
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.