Fantasy Premier League managers made extensive changes to their teams this week and it appears the template is no longer.
In this article, we look at how team selection has changed between Gameweeks 13 and 14, including the effect of the latest Wildcards.
3.64% of Top 10k managers activated their Wildcard for Gameweek 15, which makes the percentage of managers with their wildcard intact only 16.5%.
Looking at the popular choices in their wildcards shows lots of changes from previous weeks.
The new striker partnership of Harry Kane and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang dominates this Gameweek Wildcards. The third spot has been awarded to Marko Arnautovic, although he went off with a hamstring injury on Tuesday night.
With the appeal of those two premium options, both of whom have great fixtures on the horizon, there is little room for the injured Sergio Aguero.
The absence of the Argeninian from Wildcards seems to correspond by heavy investment in Manchester City’s midfield options, with Raheem Sterling (74.18%) and Leroy Sane (60.71%) among the top three most-owned players in the Gameweek 15 Wildcards.
The investment in West Ham goes beyond Arnautovic to Felipe Anderson (66.76%) and Lukasz Fabianski (63.74%). In fact, the Hammers are the side with the highest number of players in this week’s Wildcards.
By backing West Ham assets, mixed feelings were definitely experienced by Wildcarders as Arnautovic got zero points while Fabianski rewarded them with a penalty save but lost his clean sheet in the 95th minute.
The template was not only affected by those Wildcards, with plenty of those without one made enough changes to alter the dynamics of the game.
The result is a huge shift in the ownership among the top 10k for some premium options.
For example, Kane (who leads the top 10k captaincy for Gameweek 15 with 40.8%) saw his top 10k ownership increase from 2.61% to 44.94%.
Similarly, Aubameyang went from 2.9% to 30.73%.
On the other hand, Aguero dropped from 81.1% to 12.43%.
These huge ownership swings shows much of a turning point in the season we are experiencing right now.
Finally, here is a list of ownership changes for some main FPL assets.
|Player||GW 14 Top10k Ownership||GW 15 Top10k Ownership|
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.