Manchester City options have dominate the Double Gameweek 25 captaincy as they prepare for two Premier League fixtures in a matter of days.
Fantasy managers are therefore faced with two dilemmas concerning the first Double of the season.
The first is assessing which of Pep Guardiola’s men is the best option, especially considering his rather unpredictable rotation policy.
The second is whether or not to trust that player with the armband when there are also some decent options with only one match this Gameweek.
We aim to tackle both of these issues in this week’s Captain Sensible article.
After scoring Manchester City’s only goal in their defeat at Newcastle, Sergio Aguero (£11.3m) is the most popular captain candidate for Gameweek 25. He has a 29% share of the vote at the time of writing.
For the first time in several weeks, we actually have a closely contested battle for the armband according to the poll, with Leroy Sané (£9.7m) hot on Aguero’s tails with 24% of the vote. Those who have given the German their backing are likely to be influenced by his greater chance of starting both matches in Gameweek 25.
Voters are probably less sure of a start for Raheem Sterling (£11.3m), as he has just 9.5% of the vote currently. The England international is doing battle with Mohamed Salah (£13.6m) for third place, as 9.2% of the voters believe that Liverpool’s match away at West Ham is captain material on its own, even with the Doubles in play.
Having found the net on his immediate return from the Asian Cup, Son Heung-min (£8.6m) leads the chasing pack. 6% of voters are backing this differential option ahead of a home meeting with Newcastle on Saturday lunch-time. Since Gameweek 13, Son has averaged nine points per appearance for Spurs, an incredible run of form.
The two fixtures for Everton seems to have given Richarlison (£6.8m) a bit of a boost in the poll, with 4.9% of voters backing him as the best captain option with matches against Wolves and Manchester City. Gylfi Sigurdsson (£7.4m) is also in the mix with a 1.6% share, Eden Hazard (£10.9m) sat between the two Toffees on 3.9%.
Other Manchester City options considered by a select few include Kevin De Bruyne (£9.7m) backed by 1.09% and Aymeric Laporte (£5.9m) on 0.57%.
Player statistics – Last four Gameweeks
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.