Fantasy Premier League managers may have a tough decision when considering Wolves’ attacking options in 2018/19.
A price hike for Raúl Jiménez (£7.5m) has put clear daylight between him and colleague Diogo Jota (£6.5m).
Despite the latter’s switch from midfield to the forward department, his offer of a £1.0m saving is certainly enticing.
In this latest members article, requested by readers on site and social media, we will compare Wolves’ two central strikers to assess which is the better option for our Fantasy teams.
As this uses data taken from the Fantasy Football Scout Members Area, only those who have signed up for 2019/20 can access the bulk of the article.
Selecting the right period for comparison
On the surface, it’s hard to look past Jiménez given that he outscored Jota across the 2018/19 season.
The Mexican recorded a final total of 181 points compared his Portuguese colleague’s 139.
That is probably why Jiménez is, by a long way, the more popular of the two following the release of the 2019/20 game.
In fact, currently sat in 42.7% the former Benfica man is the most fashionable asset in any position.
Obviously, his price means that auto-pick selections will still be influencing that figure, and it has dropped slightly from the 43.5% he was at on July 5.
However, to suggest either his 2018/19 score or early 2019/20 popularity are cause to back Jiménez over Jota would be somewhat naïve.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.