Mohamed Salah (£12.5m) and Raheem Sterling (£12.0m) are expected to do battle for the Gameweek 2 captaincy.
The Egyptian was the overwhelming favourite for the armband in Gameweek 1 and rewarded his backers with a 12 point haul against Norwich.
However, Sterling went one better by netting a hat-trick and coming away from a 5-0 win over West Ham with a 20-point haul.
That big score is likely to inspire a host of Fantasy managers to captain the Englishman in Gameweek 2 as Spurs come to the Etihad Stadium.
Sterling was involved in 20 goals at home last season, 12 his own and eight assists, only Salah registering more involvements in front of his own fans (21).
Meanwhile, Spurs looked far from assured defensively as took their time to get into gear against Aston Villa in Gameweek 1.
However, Salah faces a trip to Southampton, a team he is more than capable of registering attacking involvement against.
Last season the Egpytian scored more goals away from home than any other player while Southampton kept just three clean sheets in front of their own fans.
Only Manchester United managed fewer than that in the whole of 2018/19 (two).
After registering a 13-point haul against Aston Villa, there is plenty of interest in Harry Kane (£11.0m).
However, it seems unlikely that many will back him for the captaincy considering it’s a trip to Manchester City up next.
More likely to trouble the favourites as a differential option is Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.0m).
He scored the only goal in Arsenal’s 1-0 win at Newcastle and faces a Gameweek 2 Saturday lunch-time meeting with Burnley.
You can now vote in the Gameweek 2 captain poll either below or in the website’s side-bar.
Joe and David will be discussing the captaincy on our YouTube channel at 12:30 pm on Monday afternoon too.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 1
- Liverpool 4-1 Norwich
- West Ham United 0-5 Manchester City
- Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United
- Burnley 3-0 Southampton
- Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
- Watford 0-3 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa
- Leicester City 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal
- Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea