The Meet the Manager series, where Joe interviews a Fantasy manager with a more than enviable track record, is back for 2019/20.
This campaign’s series of interviews starts with a chat with Tarek Balbaa, who explains why being based in Egypt has helped ensure he puts the eye test to good use in his Fantasy decisions.
Over his illustrious career, Tarek has eight top 10,000 finishes, including two in the top 1,000.
With all Premier League matches broadcast in Egypt, he is able to watch four to five televised games a week.
This has ensured he was quick to acquire Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne this season and is still reticent to invest heavily in Manchester United.
Underlying statistics are still important to Tarek but he likes to go back to basics with such research, preferring shots in the box statistics than the phenomena of expected statistics.
Tarek also talks about his poor seasons and the lessons he’s learned from mistakes made. Chief of these for him has been to focus heavily on what mini-league rivals are up to.
The chat with Tarek is available to view on Youtube here and in the embedded video below.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.