Ashley Barnes (£6.6m) has now gone four consecutive matches without an attacking return.
With so many blanks in a row, his owners are likely looking at whether they should be offloading the Burnley forward ahead Gameweek 8.
That said, the Clarets do face another favourable fixture this weekend as Everton come to Turf Moor. The Toffees have conceded at least twice in each of their last five matches.
However, the complicating factor in assessing Barnes’ potential is the recent form of Chris Wood (£6.2m).
Since the former Brighton and Plymouth Argyle striker last found the net, Wood has scored three times.
Is that a trend that will continue in Gameweek 8? We’ve assessed some of the most recent matches to find out whether Barnes is worth holding or if his colleague Wood is hogging the spoils at Burnley.
As this article uses data from the Fantasy Football Scout Members Area, only those who have signed up for the 2019/20 season can access it in full.
Has Barnes been unfortunate not to score recently?
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21 are now available for the price of £17.50, while monthly subscriptions cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.