Benjamin Mendy (£5.9m) was the chief victim of Pep Guardiola’s rotation policy as he was absent from the Manchester City team named to face Liverpool.
That’s now two matches in a row that the left-back has missed out on a place in the starting XI, Angeliño (£4.7m) preferred once again.
Also suffering from so-called Pep Roulette are Riyad Mahrez (£8.4m) and David Silva (£7.6m) who both find themselves on the Manchester City bench, although the latter was an injury doubt heading into Gameweek 12.
Also overcoming their injury problems is Rodri (£5.4m) who, despite being red-flagged for this weekend, starts in central midfield alongside Kevin de Bruyne (£10.2m) and Ilkay Gündogan (£5.2m).
“I didn’t want to put them both (Rodri and D Silva) in after injuries. Rodri felt okay last two training sessions so I selected him.” – Pep Guardiola
Following his goal against Southampton last time out, Sergio Aguero (£12.0m) keeps his place up-front, keeping Gabriel Jesus (£9.5m) on the substitutes’ bench.
The Argentinian is flanked by Raheem Sterling (£12.0m) and Bernardo Silva (£7.9m) in the front-three.
There are fewer surprises in the Liverpool team as Mohamed Salah (£12.3m), Sadio Mané (£12.0m) and Roberto Firmino (£9.5m) lead the attack.
The Senegalese international will be the Fantasy focus of the afternoon as the most transferred-in player of the match, earning 225,000+ new owners for Gameweek 12.
They will be particularly hopeful considering that Claudio Bravo (£4.8m) comes in for Ederson (£6.1m) to make his first Premier League start for a year and a half.
The Chilean was arguably the man of the match against Liverpool in the Community Shield in August but was the villain of the piece midweek when he was sent off against Atlanta.
“The past is the past in football so it doesn’t matter what happens (then). He has a lot of experience, I just expect him to go out there and play (as he is).” – Pep Guardiola
With Joel Matip (£5.3m) still out injured, Dejan Lovren (£5.3m) starts a fourth match from a possible five at centre-back.
Liverpool are still without a clean sheet while the Croatian has been in the team though and are still yet to keep any side out at Anfield in the Premier League this season.
Liverpool XI: Alisson; Robertson, van Dijk, Lovren, Alexander-Arnold; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, J Henderson; Mané, Firmino, Salah.
Manchester City XI: Bravo; Angeliño, Fernandinho, Stones, Walker; Rodrigo, Gündogan, De Bruyne; Sterling, Aguero, B Silva.
GAMEWEEK 12 – FPL MATCH REPORTS
- Norwich City 0-2 Watford
- Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace
- Burnley 3-0 West Ham United
- Newcastle United 2-1 Bournemouth
- Southampton 1-2 Everton
- Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Everton
- Leicester City 2-0 Arsenal
- Manchester United 3-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Wolves 2-1 Aston Villa
- Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City
Nominated for ‘Best in Fantasy Football – Editorial’ at the Football Content Awards 2020
VOTE FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL SCOUT BY
Become a Member and access our data
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.