In his latest column, five-time top 1k finisher Tom Freeman discusses the players creating the most chances so far in 2020/21, a new Leicester City asset for the watchlist, Stuart Dallas and a Brighton differential.
Gameweek 3 has drawn to a close, and all in all, it’s been a pretty good one for me.
A total of 52 points has seen my overall rank rise to 453,222, and though it’s still early days, it’s been a positive start.
Mohamed Salah (£12.1m) led the way with 10 captain points but there were also returns for Alex McCarthy (£4.5m), Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.5m), Luke Ayling (£4.5m), Tomas Soucek (£5.0m) and Patrick Bamford (£5.8m), who has started well and exceeded expectations.
So, in this my latest article as part of the Pro Pundits initiative, I thought I’d touch upon a few things that have piqued my interest over the last few weeks.
I tend to make a lot of notes on a day-to-day basis and I suppose this is me downloading some of that information. If one or two of you can take something away from it, it’ll be worth it.
Knowing the identity of each club’s most creative player, whether or not it’s from open play or set pieces, is something I like to keep note of. After just three Gameweeks, we’re still working with a small sample size and waiting for statistics to settle down, but in an attempt to pick up on any early trends, I thought I’d share it.
Lessons Learned from FPL Gameweek 3
- Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United
- Crystal Palace 1-2 Everton
- West Bromwich Albion 3-3 Chelsea
- Burnley 0-1 Southampton
- Sheffield United 0-1 Leeds United
- Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Newcastle United
- Manchester City 2-5 Leicester City
- West Ham United 4-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.