Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers are mainly looking to Chelsea and Liverpool for the Double Gameweek 34 captaincy, and as per usual, the Captain Sensible article is here to highlight which assets have the best chance of hauling.
THE CAPTAIN POLL
Mason Mount (£7.7m) is the leader of the captain poll in Double Gameweek 34, with 29.7% of total votes from our users at the time of writing.
Mohamed Salah (£13.2m) is in second place, backed by 22.37%, ahead of his home fixture against Merseyside rivals Everton, who happen to have the division’s worst away record.
Kai Havertz (£7.9m) occupies third place with 12.12%, followed by Cristiano Ronaldo (£12.2m) and Reece James (£6.3m), with 8.59% and 4.95% respectively.
We’ll start with Chelsea, given that they are one of only two teams who play twice in Double Gameweek 34 and their assets dominate the captain poll.
The Blues host West Ham United on Sunday before visiting Manchester United four days later. The fixtures might not seem the easiest on paper, but both opponents aren’t bad teams to be facing from an attacking perspective. The Hammers are without a clean sheet on the road this calendar year and may well have one eye on their upcoming Europa League semi-final, while the Red Devils proved yet again in Gameweek 33 that they are a poor defensive side.
Chelsea’s attacking stats over the last six matches are very encouraging and they’ve scored more goals than any other side in that time, mainly thanks to their 6-0 win at Southampton in Gameweek 32. Across the season, they rank third for actual goals and fourth for expected goals (xG).
That suggests Mason Mount, Kai Havertz and even Timo Werner (£8.6m) are worth considering for captaincy, but which one carries the most potential?
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.