How do Pep Guardiola’s team follow the season just gone? Manchester City cantered to their fifth league title win with five matches of the 2017/18 campaign to spare, breaking a host of records along the way.
Their run of 18 consecutive victories from August to December was the longest winning sequence in English football history, while their total of 100 points was the most ever recorded in England’s top flight.
A total of 106 goals, a goal difference of +79 and a title-winning margin of 19 points were also Premier League records.
Investment in this City side is, as was the case last season, a must from a Fantasy perspective, particularly since the release of the fixture list in June.
After a trip to the Emirates in Gameweek 1 (a fixture City won 3-0 last season, it should be said), Guardiola’s side then face all six of the most recently promoted clubs – four of whom will take on City at the Etihad.
Fantasy Premier League managers would have a strong case for using all three of their permitted slots for City players, though the fly in the ointment is that 16 of the champions’ first-team squad were on duty for their respective countries at the World Cup this summer and Guardiola’s pre-season preparations have thus been affected.
Price hikes for the likes of Raheem Sterling (£11.0m), Leroy Sane (£9.5m) and Nicolas Otamendi (£6.5m) would also prohibit widespread Fantasy investment in City’s premium assets.
In-depth data on Manchester City’s season is available in the Members’ Area, while Fantasy Football Scout members can also read our detailed analysis of the key statistics in the article below.
Read more with Scout
Pick your FPL team for 2018/19 using our list of best available players, sorted for your convenience by position and price:
- Defenders: Budget
- Defenders: Mid-Price and Premium
- Midfielders: Budget
- Midfielders: Mid-Price
Also check out our detailed statistical analysis articles on every team comparing data for the last two seasons to highlight the players to sign and the players to avoid:
- Brighton & Hove Albion
- Cardiff City
- Crystal Palace
- Huddersfield Town
- Leicester City
- Read them all in one place
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the pre-season price of just £12.50. This will increase to the regular price of £15 after the first Gameweek of the season.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.