As the creator of Fantasy Football Scout, Mark Sutherns is one of Fantasy Premier League’s most well-known managers.
In our latest Meet the Manager video, Mark drops by to give an insight into his strategies for success over an impressive FPL career that started in 2006/07. Since then he has achieved eight top 5,000 finishes, including four in the top 500 and one in the top 50.
The search for value has been key to his success over the years, as he hunts out players that he believes will rocket in price in the future and also deliver strong points returns.
He also discusses how the fear of missing out on a player because he is £0.1m short drives this bargain-hunting ethos as well as the occasional early transfer.
As the man that brought Opta data to this site, his admission of being ‘a stats man’ is something of an understatement. Here he offers advice on the best statistics to keep an eye on and why such in-depth analysis can be a vital weapon in Fantasy managers’ armoury.
In our 50-minute chat, he also explains why ‘the eye-test’ should be treated with caution and also how he has learned from his mistakes over the years. This was particularly the case between 2013/14 and 2014/15 when he followed up his worst ever finish with his best, when he reached 42nd in the world.
Dealing with the pressure of making transfers in the public gaze is another issue covered. He also discusses how stepping back from the limelight this season has given him a new lease of life as a Fantasy manager.
The chat with Mark is available to view on Youtube here and in the embedded video below.
Previous Meet the Manager interviews:
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.