From John Lundstram (£4.0m) to Mason Greenwood (£4.5m) and everyone in between, there was almost as much pre-season discussion about budget Fantasy options as there was regarding premium assets.
Those heavy hitters excelled in Gameweek 1, with five of the six £10.0m+ Fantasy options all delivering returns for their owners.
Seven of the eight £8.0m+ Fantasy Premier League forwards who played this weekend banked at least one goal or assist, while the five £8.5m+ midfielders who started in Gameweek 1 all delivered too.
As Fantasy managers try to shoehorn as many expensive options into their squads, then, we need cut-price FPL assets more than ever.
With that in mind, we will assess the players in the bottom two price rungs of each position to see how they fared in the weekend just gone.
Members can read on, while those wishing to subscribe can do so by CLICKING HERE.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 1
- Liverpool 4-1 Norwich
- West Ham United 0-5 Manchester City
- Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United
- Burnley 3-0 Southampton
- Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
- Watford 0-3 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa
- Leicester City 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal
- Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea