A cost-effective fourth midfielder that can rival the premium options for points potential is often the key that unlocks a perfect Fantasy Premier League team.
Managers across the world will be searching for the best candidates for this position over the international break, especially those on a Wildcard.
In order to find them, we have compared a handful of midfielders priced at £6.5m or below to see how they got on in the first four Gameweeks.
The key is to find which of them is offering sustainable output from Gameweek 5 onwards which means analysing their underlying statistics.
As this article uses data from the Fantasy Football Scout Members Area, only those who have signed up for the 2019/20 season can access it in full.
Who carries the best goal threat?
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.