Averaging 10.50 points per start and providing better value for money (based on points per million spent) than all other Manchester City assets bar Kevin De Bruyne (£10.0m), Riyad Mahrez (£8.5m) is hovering on the Fantasy Premier League radar at present.
With De Bruyne nursing a groin injury and a doubt for the visit of Wolves on Sunday, the demand for Mahrez’s services may well step up a notch as we approach the weekend.
Currently, the Algerian is the fifth-most-bought FPL midfielder of Gameweek 8.
Successive double-digit hauls against Watford and Everton have increased interest, although he is still very much in differential territory when it comes to FPL ownership (4.1% at the time of writing).
Is he worth considering as a Fantasy option, then, in the weeks ahead?
The article below uses data from our Members Area so is only available to those who have signed up for the current campaign.
Those wishing to subscribe and see a list of benefits can do so by clicking here.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.