Eight Gameweeks into the 2019/20 season and Sadio Mané (£11.7m) has scored more points than Mohamed Salah (£12.5m).
The Senegalese international has 57 to his name, coming from five goals and two assists.
Meanwhile, his Egyptian colleague, still the most expensive Fantasy asset, has found the net just four times on top of his three assists.
That has made for a total score of 55, two short of his cheaper colleague.
That difference of £0.8m in price between the two players exacerbates the concern Fantasy managers have right now.
According to the official FPL website, Mané is offering a season value of 4.9, compared to Salah’s 4.4.
Thus far, those who spent the best part of an extra £1.0m on the Egyptian international have not got what they paid for compared to those who went with Mané.
With the second international break coming at an ideal time, it means we can assess how the two assets have played so far this season and work out which of them will prove the better option moving forward.
As this article uses data from the Fantasy Football Scout Members Area, only those who have signed up for the 2019/20 season can access it in full.
How do they compare for goal threat this season?
Lessons learned from Gameweek 8
- Brighton 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
- Burnley 1-0 Everton
- Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City
- Norwich City 1-5 Aston Villa
- Watford 0-0 Sheffield United
- West Ham United 1-2 Crystal Palace
- Arsenal 1-0 Bournemouth
- Manchester City 0-2 Wolves
- Southampton 1-4 Chelsea
- Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.