Having been bottom of our Season Ticker for fixture difficulty over the first eight Gameweeks of the season, Leicester City are about to embark on much more favourable run of matches.
Over their next nine games, the Foxes meet only one ‘big six’ team (Arsenal), play two newly promoted clubs and face five of the sides that finished in the bottom half of the Premier League table in 2018/19.
Five of Leicester’s next nine fixtures are at home, too.
As a result, Brendan Rodgers’ side sits top of our Season Ticker between Gameweeks 9 and 17.
Interest from the Fantasy community in Leicester’s assets is hotting up ahead of this appealing sequence of games.
Ricardo Pereira (£6.2m) is currently the most-bought Fantasy Premier League defender of Gameweek 9, while James Maddison (£7.2m) and Jamie Vardy (£9.0m) are the third-most-transferred in players in their respective positions, too.
The Foxes currently sit fourth in the Premier League table despite facing the likes of Wolverhampton Wanderers, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United (insert your own jokes here about the fall from graces of some of these once-great sides) in the opening two months of 2019/20, so interest from an FPL perspective is clearly merited based on recent results alone.
What do the underlying statistics say about Leicester assets, though? We delve into the numbers in our latest Members article below.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 8
- Brighton 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
- Burnley 1-0 Everton
- Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City
- Norwich City 1-5 Aston Villa
- Watford 0-0 Sheffield United
- West Ham United 1-2 Crystal Palace
- Arsenal 1-0 Bournemouth
- Manchester City 0-2 Wolves
- Southampton 1-4 Chelsea
- Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.