Liverpool’s defence has been fairly disappointing this season – at least as a collective.
Having recorded an impressive 21 clean sheets in 2018/19 (the most in a single Premier League campaign in 11 years), the Reds’ backline was always going to struggle to match last season’s output.
So far there have been just two shut-outs: only Norwich City and Tottenham Hotspur have registered fewer in the English top flight in 2019/20.
Even their second string have been getting in on the act, with Liverpool drawing 5-5 with Arsenal in a bonkers EFL Cup tie on Wednesday.
A favourable fixture swing awaits Jurgen Klopp’s side after the November international break, however, with the Reds playing Crystal Palace, Brighton and Hove Albion, Everton, Bournemouth and Watford before their blank Gameweek 18.
Fantasy managers might be tentatively considering a Liverpool defensive double-up during this period, then, but how do the Reds’ underlying statistics stack up? Have they been unlucky so far? And how are they comparing to last season’s numbers?
We attempt to address some of these questions in our Members’ article below.
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are still available for the equivalent of £2.50 a month, with a full list of benefits and details of how to subscribe available here.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 10
- Southampton 0-9 Leicester City
- Manchester City 3-0 Aston Villa
- Brighton and Hove Albion 3-2 Everton
- Watford 0-0 Bournemouth
- West Ham United 1-1 Sheffield United
- Burnley 2-4 Chelsea
- Newcastle United 1-1 Wolves
- Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace
- Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
- Norwich City 1-3 Manchester United
Become a Member and access our data
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.