From Gameweek 25 of last season onwards, Sadio Mane (£12.1m) has outscored Mohamed Salah (£12.3m) in Fantasy Premier League by 190 points to 152.
The main difference appears to be explosiveness: both players have blanked in ten of their 25 starts over this period but the Senegal international has recorded three times as many double-digit hauls (nine v three).
We discussed the various arguments in the Mane v Salah debate upon the release of the FPL price list in the summer, with one consideration being the Egyptian’s positional move from the central striker of a 4-2-3-1 to his usual right-wing role in a 4-3-3.
Another factor was Liverpool’s use of crosses – and it’s this particular tactical shift that we’ll analyse in the Members article below.
FFScout nominated for Online Media of the Year at FSA Awards 2019
You can vote for Fantasy Football Scout as ‘Online Media of the Year’ by CLICKING HERE.
Voting closes on November 30!
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.