The Boxing Day-orientated Gameweek 19 looks to be taking Fantasy managers back in time, with the captain battle appearing to be between two of last season’s usual suspects.
We’ve gone over those doing well in the poll before doing a comparison between the individuals themselves, their teams and their opponents in order to find the best candidate.
The Gameweek 19 captain poll indicates that this week the most popular skipper will be either Harry Kane (£12.5m) or Mohamed Salah (£13.2m), much like it was for so much of last season.
The Tottenham Hotspur forward led the poll with a tally of 38% just over 24-hours ago but that has since been cut back. He now claims just 30.9% of the vote, sneaking out Salah who sits on 28.7%.
Way off in third place is Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (5.0%) while Kane’s Spurs colleague Son Heung-min (£8.5m) has just 3.4% backing.
Eden Hazard (3.4%), Marcus Rashford (2.9%) and Anthony Martial (2.6%) are the other contenders in this bracket of support.
Not a single Manchester City player has more than 3% backing in the poll, with Raheem Sterling (£11.5m) languishing far down the list on 2.4%.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.