A large number of Fantasy Premier League managers now have big transfer decisions to make ahead of Gameweek 20.
In the build-up to the FA Cup fourth round, Kevin De Bruyne (£11.9m) and Jamie Vardy (£10.1m) were both ruled out for several weeks.
The Belgian came off with a suspected muscle problem in Manchester City’s 2-0 win over Aston Villa.
🗣 Pep Guardiola: “Kyle Walker had a big impact kick in his hips but it is just a kick so he is not available for tomorrow but we wish for the next game. Kevin De Bruyne, like the doctor said after reviewing the scan, will be four to six weeks out.”#FPL #FFScout #GW20 #mcfc pic.twitter.com/Rfv1y3XGXA— Fantasy Football Scout (@FFScout) January 22, 2021
Guardiola has now confirmed that De Bruyne will miss the next four to six weeks as he recovers from a hamstring issue.
Meanwhile, Vardy has been dealing with pain from a hernia in recent weeks and Brendan Rodgers has seen fit to get him under the surgeon’s knife to correct the problem.
That has ruled him out for “a few weeks” just as Fantasy managers were considering investment in light of Leicester’s appealing short-term fixtures.
🗣 Brendan Rodgers: “Jamie Vardy will be out for a few weeks. We’ve been managing him over these number of months and he’s been fantastic but we have a window now that allows him to have an operation on his hernia. Then he’ll be back.”#FPL #FantasyPL #FFScout #GW20 #lcfc pic.twitter.com/14WxVqY4M9— Fantasy Football Scout (@FFScout) January 22, 2021
With some managers facing two high-profile absentees in the coming weeks, the number of hits for Gameweek 20 is likely to increase.
This is also the sort of development that could tempt some into deploying the Wildcard.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.