News

Az joins the Fantasy Football Scout team to oversee Members content and tools

Fantasy Football Scout are delighted to announce a fresh addition to the team – or, at least, a familiar face in a new capacity.

Az Phillips is to become our Membership Strategy Manager and will be working hard to make sure we continue to provide the very best content, tools and services for all Premium Members of Fantasy Football Scout.

He’ll also be generally more involved with various Scout activities on the site and beyond.

Many of you will know Az from his appearances on the Scoutcast and other Fantasy Football Scout videos over the years, as well as his Pro Pundit articles.

He’s also one half of the refreshed FPL BlackBox, a Scout Network podcast in which he and Mark Sutherns look at how we can learn from our mistakes to improve as FPL managers.

Az first joined the site over 10 years ago, initially as a moderator and a community writer.

He has three top 10k overall ranks to his name in FPL, the best of which saw him finish 817th in 2017/18.

We’re delighted to welcome Az on board in a more involved role and we look forward to him helping further improve our Premium Membership offerings in the months and years ahead.

Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

Salah(c), Mane and Kabak tonight. What can possibly go wrong?

1. JBG

Neto goal, Mane YC and Salah goal.

2. DA Minnion (In Bielsa we tr…

Why so many liverpool. You a fan?

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

No - just punted on them turning it around with nice fixtures. Worked well last week with 3 points between them.

1. DA Minnion (In Bielsa we tr…

Salah is bound to score tonight. Can't see him blanking yet again.

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

I admire your efforts to make me feel better 😉

3. djman102

Given how poorly most of the other (C) options fared this week and how many people ditched Salah, a haul is on the cards. I still own him, so at least I hope that's the case.

2. InterUranus

Think they'll ever address the Football Index partnership fiasco?

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

The big broom has already come out and swept it right under the carpet. Expect it never to be spoken of again.

3. Gudjohnsen

Can't wait for my salah 2x2 points tonight.

1. AMBELLINA PRISE

3x2 minimum 🙂

4. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

Good man AZ best of luck with this! 🙂

To start you off - can we get filterable FPL points, ability to select non-sequential gameweek samples, more than 10 stats in custom member tables (like the predefined tables which have >10 stats)

Some other bits & pieces suggested below (It's nice to see that the matches screen was updated to reverse chronological order for this season - i find it a small but helpful improvement - now let's get some game changers to elevate the members area)

Some better formation analysis would also be neat, the heatmaps/average position graphs are just a bit messy/don't really do it for me

Take some inspiration from the Football Manager interface, it's nice & clean & informative & all elements are clickable/drill downs etc!

1. Az

Thanks Maximus! Much appreciated 😀

I'm going to be doing a full evaluation of the site and collecting comments from as many different sources as I can. Your comments, and all of those in the thread you've linked, are absolutely crucial in this, so know that I'm on the case and will add it to the data that I'm collecting about what works and what can be improved. Awesome stuff.

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

Great stuff cheers AZ, looking forward to it & best of luck! 🙂

5. Az

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hi and I'm really happy to be part of the FFScout team where I've been knocking around for the best part of ten years now.

As it says in this lovely article (I didn't write it for myself, honest), my role is going to have me overseeing how FFScout evolves for premium members.

To say I'm passionate about FPL is an understatement. I believe Scout is the best tool out there for any FPL managers, but I'm aware that it can be even better. I'd love to hear your feedback on what works - and what doesn't work - and you can email me at az@fantasyfootballscout.co.uk.

I'll also be looking to find out more about what you guys all think about the various tools and offerings the members area has too, and what can be tweaked and improved to make your experiences on the site even better.

Real privilege to be here 🙂

1. Rains of Castamere

Congrats Az, here's to an improved Members' section going forward 🙂 I also think it would be a good idea to get members involved more in video content that FFS produces... a way for us to feel more involved and to contribute too.

2. Fudgy

I think an app would be epic. The mobile interface is sometimes a bit difficult for me to navigate on a small device.

1. tbos83

Second this. And if it could include a slicker comments system that'd be ace. Eg it updates live so you don't have to keep refreshing

• Delph & Safety

I agree. And having all the data is brilliant but it the effort of going through it and actually knowing how to find key stats puts me off.

• Az

Oh believe me, I know how great an app would be.
          It's very high on the list.

• Sam FPLFamily

Fudgy, an app is definitely something that is high on the agenda, is there anything in particular that you would like to see in an app?

1. Fudgy

I don't know if I've replied too late but when I use the members section on mobile and zoom out I don't see all the information on the home page and the information I see is very small. I think solving this issue with an app would be great.

2. riot

Well deserved!

3. Disco Pat

Well Done Az. Delightes for you. Love the blackbox podcast with yourself and Mark. Good luck on this venture.

4. Cometh The Aouar...

Hi Az, love your work on the Black Box and here of course! I think the Scout site can improve by updating the fixture ticker and player projections as soon as a Gameweek is finished. I find it rather slow in updating and doesn't necessarily reflect changes such as team news, injuries, etc. up until the last minute.

5. Sam FPLFamily

Welcome to the team Az!

6. Rotation's Alter Ego

Great to have you joining Az 🙂

7. pingissimus

Hi

Good job on the good job.

Can I put something forward - just so you can reject it out of hand 🙂

Having run a large website I understand the impetus to maintain a high flow of articles. From the user end I wonder it there may be almost too much content being produced. I spend way too much time on here and cannot keep up.I'm not suggesting here that you rein back on content but simply how it is accessed. If you're looking for something specific it's a tough navigation. Search bars etc are not an optimal solution as they rarely if ever get used.

Is there a solution where there's a clearer distinction between match reports, weekly previews, opinion pieces etc if only on an improved drop down menu? You already have it in a modified way under the content tab over but I suspect that can be bettered.

Good content. Format getting iffy.

8. Trippier Hazard

Congrats Az, an improvement I'd like to see is all articles being given more equal prominence - we don't need a separate community article section but all articles on the same article feed. Important ones could be pinned, but that way community articles get more exposure? Might also encourage more people to submit articles?

And a resounding yes to a better comments system - maybe that isn't linked to article pages, but maybe by date or something? But that probably means more moderation....

9. ritzyd

Honestly thought you were already on the payroll! I would like to see an enhanced members only chat/comments section with added functionality to post pics, screenshots, etc so that we can easily discuss stats/info from the members area.

10. Ragabolly

Welcome Az!!

11. Firminoooo

Congrats Az. One little thing I would enjoy was someone tracking how the scoutpicks would do in OR. Just adding the points each GW, including C and autosubs, and see what rank it would correlate to.

1. Bouncebackability

It would win you’d think. It’s a wildcard every week.

1. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

Would be incredibly embarrassing if it didn't, which is probably why they wouldn't do it. That and there being little point.

12. Rossendale Rover

Welcome back again! Main issue from me is providing some guidance on how to make the most of the data, what’s important, what’s the key data set say for attackers(shots in box, xg involvement etc). There’s just so much data that I just don’t think I get the most out of it. Cheers!

13. KAPTAIN KANE

- Mobile app for iOS and Android

- Notification Centre for replies to your posts comments

- A bit controversial maybe, but a downvote/ignore button for the comments section

I’m not a member but that’s my twopence for the general use of the site.
        If you was to add in a notification centre then the emails sent for notifications can be turned off.

1. The Suspended One

They took downvote away because we were naughty. Mods only now

14. The Suspended One

Economize common comments/questions into a FAQ / metaSearch function with sort by features (member comments, ratings, key words combos) to make it easy to search comments across articles for key pieces of information. FAQ would involve promoting good questions/answers that are flagged by members as helpful and categorized by the flagger (team news, injury news, press conference. Etc)

1. The Suspended One

Oh and congrats! Glad to see you more involved.

3. tbos83

Based on Salah's eo will a haul do anything for non-cappers tonight?

1. DA Minnion (In Bielsa we tr…

Yes . Will help a bit. Don't have him so not going to help me much.

1. tbos83

Thanks. I have him but really regret not capping.

2. richarlison2348

30 Plus Salah (C), was almost top of my mini league but have gotten smashed down the rankings :/

1. tbos83

You should be in better shape later - Salah could well explode tonight

2. Cometh The Aouar...

So Fury and AJ has been confirmed, I don't think AJ stands a chance against this guy.

1. A.J.

I agree.

1. gogs67

I'm sure you could beat him at fpl!

2. Bouncebackability

Any heavyweight always has a chance. It only takes one punch.

3. Hryszko

Disagree with this, based off their last fights. No doubts it'll be a blockbuster but I can't see it being a Fury walkover, no way.

2. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…

Who is on penalty now for Brighton? Welbeck? Gross?

1. Hazz

Deciding which one to avoid?

2. Bouncebackability

Ederson.

3. CaptainKazuru

Appreciate any thoughts here team;

Martinez*
                  Dallas* / Dunk* / Coufal* / Ricky.P
                  Gundo / Raph* / Soucek*
                  Kane* (C) / Bamford* / DCL

pope / salah / kevin / stones

Really want shaw + chelsea double up + upgrade coufal to cresswell for GW30 on wards - Do I work towards these moves now, or
                  Ricky.P > Fulham Def
                  Gundo > Bale
                  DCL > 3.9 Enabler

Gives me 10 for GW29

Thanks all!

• Karan14

Would you do Gundo to Lingard for free this week?
                  (Assuming Son is fit else I'll keep Gundo and sell Son)

No WC so unlikely to get Gundo back.

1. Christina.

son wont be fit I reckon

2. RECKLESS

Wait till friday, Son has hamstring injury even though he has high recovery rate

3. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Son wont recover, hamstrings usually means a few weeks out

1. Danno - Emre Canada

Also if Son plays it means he will have to go off and captain S Korea

• shirtless

Bloke in my ML took a -12 this week to bring in Iheanacho, Shaw, Kane and Ward-Prowse. He's on 60 (-12) with another 29 on his bench!

1. richarlison2348

My god

2. KUNingas

Take a hit for one more BGW player?

A) Gross/Trossard (NEW)
                    B) Auba (whu) + Dunk (NEW) (-4)

3. RECKLESS

2 Queries
                    1)When will the next dgw be scheduled? gw 30 or gw 31?
                    2)Want to decide If I should
                    a)Lowton to Veltman or
                    b) DCL to Antonio/Watkins
                    1) Will help decide I shoupd keep dcl.for CPL

4. kinghenry14

on FH

A) trossard antonio
                    B) lingard maupay

cheers!

1. RECKLESS

b but welbeck

5. richarlison2348

Anyone remember that one guy last week who asked "Iheanacho (C)?"
                      Everyone told him no...
                      Anyone have updates on whether it was followed through?

1. Corned Beef Kelly Osbourne

Yep it was me and I missed the deadline

2. Corned Beef Kelly Osbourne

I'm distraught

3. FFS Ultras are for Kinnear

I was one to encourage him

4. Corned Beef Kelly Osbourne

The world is cold

5. richarlison2348

This is a true modern day tragedy

1. Corned Beef Kelly Osbourne

Did 0 transfers due to fri night transfer deadline. A new low

1. Pep bites Kun

Oh that is rough!! Good call though mate

• Firminoooo

«The majority is always wrong»: H. Ibsen.

1. Original - Wolves Ay We

So was H Ibsen

1. Firminoooo

If mostly disagree with you, you are probably right.

• HashAttack

My ML leader transferred in and captained Iheanacho 🙁

1. tbos83

Helluva call

1. HashAttack

Fair play - he took a -8 to sell Brewster, Sterling and Lewis for Iheanacho, Mount and Shaw

1. Chrisitis

That just doesnt make sense
                                  -4 to bring in shaw and bench awb?

• Bury94

Creswell, Dallas or Tierney? No FH, this is to bring in as a normal transfer. Thanks

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Dallas as has sheffield the week after and probs in midfield

2. Bluejays and Horseplay

Cresswell. He's the one I'd want until the end of the season.

3. djman102

I'm bringing in Cresswell this GW, plan for the duration.

• richarlison2348

Everyone's thoughts on Bamford playing next week?

1. Dreaming of glory

If it’s confirmed a dead leg he should play so wouldn’t sell esp with s Utd the week after

2. Yank Revolution

Cant wait for news - sold last night

3. TheDragon

Based on 0 information - I think he plays

4. tbos83

I reckon it might be more than a dead leg (based on how long he was down) and he won't play

5. Little Red Lacazette

Salah(c), time for you to find your GW1 form. 🙂

1. Daniel Jebbison

2, 3, 4 or 5 goals for sure

2. Bushwhacker

Could grab one, Wolves defense ain’t bad.

6. Daniel Jebbison

How many goals is Salah going to score tonight: 2. 3. 4 or 5 goals? He was waiting for me to sell him obviously and now he is going to explode. The question is how much?

Put your number.

1. mdm

1. Daniel Jebbison

That would be the less painful option

2. Fit_to_drop

Jota will score tonight

3. Holmes

4. HashAttack

45 points in 11 weeks, including the freak 15 points vs CPL - can't regret selling him whatever happens tonight

1. TheDragon

What if he scores 100 goals tonight? Surely you’d regret it a bit then as you’d be 500 points behind Salah owners

1. Pep bites Kun

Now you're talking!! 🙂

5. Pep bites Kun

+44 1 236.. oh sorry, 1 I reckon

6. Bushwhacker

7. TheDragon

4 goals, 1 assist

5-0 Liverpool

1. Bushwhacker

Lol

8. Baines on Toast...

9. Little Red Lacazette

2 goals, 2 assists to Jota.

10. pingissimus

One fewer than Saiss

7. CaptainKazuru

2 FT 0.7M ITB

Ricky P > Rudiger
                                Gundo > Bale
                                DCL > Maja
                                (-4)

Good moves? Gets me 10 for GW29 and one Chelsea def for the run in

1. poulteren

Chelsea dont have a game. So surely just wait and avoid minus 4?

2. CaptainKazuru

Ricardo is 5.9 and Rudiger is 4.6... I dont have enough cash to do just Gundo > bale & DCL > Maja

1. TheBiffas

Ricardo to a Brighton def

2. CaptainKazuru

Thanks - already have Dunk

3. Messiah Hazard

How long is Son out for? If its a hammy, then probably 3-4 weeks right?

1. tbos83

Yup

2. Pep bites Kun

On Son: Mar 14: "I don't know how long it is. It's muscular. Muscular is usually not easy. He's normally a guy who recovers quickly."

1. TheDragon

After what happened last time you cannot trust a single word mourinho says about injuries

1. Baines on Toast...

We can trust what we saw...

1. TheDragon

Yes .... unless you were hallucinating.

2. Christina.

He is inj. Im 100% sure

3. WHUFCSmith23

If it wasn't bad, he wouldn't go off after 20 minutes in their biggest game of the season. Did even try to run off whatever muscle injury it was unlike say Bamford.

3. Baines on Toast...

Wondered why my selling price for son was so low then realised he actually started at 9.0. Insane.

1. TheBiffas

That seemed a lot a t the start of the season, he's never exploded like this before

1. KAPTAIN KANE

He never used to be nailed and that was the issue, still pretty explosive but the random benchings put most of us off

1. The Suspended One

Huh?

2. The Suspended One

Umm, what?

2. Hryszko

So if Son is indeed ruled out for a few weeks, is Bale the obvious replacement? At the moment, assuming Son doesn't play.. I'm only fielding 7 players this week, one of them being Dier who lets be honest is most likely not going to play either. What is my best move here? I've got 5.8m in the bank and 2FT. Thinking about doing Dier > Dallas & Son > Bale so I can at least field 8 players. Thoughts?

Martinez
                                          Coufal - Dier - Dias
                                          Son - Gundo - Soucek - Raphina
                                          DCL - Kane - Bamford

Bench: Areola - Shaw - Stones - Salah

1. TheBiffas

Similar situation, bale vs auba is the big question

1. Hryszko

Do you trust Auba to start after this weekend?

1. TheBiffas

If he was only benched because he was late then yeah probably

2. UNDERWORLD7

Not the obvious choice no

3. CaptainKazuru

Dont overthink it - Son > bale and then you also have Bale for Newcastle the week after and potential of DGW in 33 etc

1. Christina.

nothing is guaranteed with bale

1. The Suspended One

Laziness? Good volume on his man bun? A tee time arranged an hour after match?

Almost guaranteed?

• Magic Zico

Bale or Moura, which one do you prefer? GW30 NEW away

4. El_Gigante

What's the obvious moves here? One of the City defenders to Cresswell or Dallas?

Martinez
                                                Konsa, White
                                                Raphinha (vc), Lingard
                                                Kane (c), Watkins

Forster; Cancelo, Dias, Digne, Gundo, Fernandes, DCL, Salah

2FT, 0.8itb

1. WHUFCSmith23

Dallas if he gets through the next game and international break uninjured has a nice fixture in 30. If you are wildcarding in 31. He seems the safest pick. If no wildcard then Cresswell if those are your 2 options.

5. Magic Zico

Seems that it's going to be a painful GW next one. A game on Friday, a game on Saturday and two on Sunday ... imagine a sizeable red arrow on day one then the agony to wait for the captain to save the GW! Love and hate FPL.

6. jdp219

Best defender to bring in bgw29? Only have Coufal at the moment.

1) Dunk
                                                2) Veltman
                                                3) Dallas

7. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Evening all!!! Currently on this for this coming gameweek with my 2 free transfers... anyone with a -4??? Bale?? Or someone else....
                                                Martinez and Arealo
                                                Cresswell Dallas Konsa
                                                Lingard Raphinha Grealish
                                                Kane Bamford Antonio
                                                Many thanks!!!

1. Vazza

Hey buddy, how long have you been planning for the BGW?? Your team looks remarkably set up!! 🙂

Although I’m a Bale owner, I think he is an overrated pick but I guess we have a small pool of players to choose from for the blank so we are where we are.

I would personally just do Grealish to one of the Spurs mids and rollover the other FT.

All the best mate, I wished I was set up that well. 🙂

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Hi mate!! Well, I’ve had triple Leeds for a while, I’ve kept Grealish in my team ever since he got injured, I have brought in Cresswell and Lingard with my two frees this week already so now what you see is what I have so would be just -4 to get a full 11 out, Bale or Trossard are my options I think?! Worried about Spurs away from home and also Bale on playing an hour at a time too!! Haha decisions decisions!!!

8. The Units